Windows 10: Live Mail 2012 intermittently starts

Discus and support Live Mail 2012 intermittently starts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; New member, first post. Updated to Win 10 from Win 7 in Oct 2015. I have had intermittent problems with Live Mail starting, ever since. I updated the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Patty V, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Patty V Win User

Live Mail 2012 intermittently starts

New member, first post. Updated to Win 10 from Win 7 in Oct 2015. I have had intermittent problems with Live Mail starting, ever since. I updated the version to 2012. It will work for a few days then it will not start. I try to repair and I will get a message that it cannot be repaired while running. I will shut the computer down, immediately repair then open and it will work for a few days. I have also restored to earlier dates, prior to the latest updates. Again, it will work for a few days. When it will not start I get the Ox80041161 error code. I decided to try the Windows 10 mail app but it will not accept my password. I will input my password and immediately a message comes up I need to update my password. When I attempt to update, I can see my original password has been changed.

:)

Patty V, Feb 3, 2016

2. windows 10 programme mail

I was using windows live essensials 2012, => live mail 2012.

some reason microsoft discontinued it

so there fore

in my new computer

i had to start useing App Mail from windows 10

anwar

AnwarArefin, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Jmarco0921, Feb 3, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Try this method to "repair" WLM 2012..................
    Do not open WLM.
    Go to Programs and Features > scroll down to Windows Essentials 2012 > right click at it > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

Hopefully the problems will not return after this.

davidhk, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Patty V Win User
    Thanks davidhk for the quick response. I do restart and repair but after a few days I have to repeat the process. I never know when I turn on the computer if Live Mail is going to open or not. If it doesn't I have to restart and repair. I never had to do this even once before upgrading to Windows 10. Today, it will not repair. It hung up at 12% repair.

Patty V, Feb 3, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Well, here is the ultimate approach......................... uninstall and then reinstall.

Back up emails you want to keep.
    Then go to Programs and Features and uninstall Windows Essentials 2012.
    Use this link and reinstall Windows Essentials 2012.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/essentials

*** You will have to setup your email account(s) again***
    So, make sure you have the account settings copied down.

davidhk, Feb 3, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    When you back up your email messages, you can also back up your email accounts and contacts.

essenbe, Feb 3, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Live Mail 2012 intermittently starts - Similar Threads - Live Mail 2012

2. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  4. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  5. windows live mail 2012

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live mail 2012: had login screen come up and put in password.said ok screen come right back. had to call spectrum reset password now cannot receive my emails. beanner61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/829e29db-dfac-4df8-8a10-11bbe2edc146
  6. Windows Live Mail 2012

Windows Live Mail 2012: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my Live Mail does not work. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/2f61c61a-b436-4e40-9beb-9b082c587a53
  7. Windows Live mail 2012

Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  8. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  9. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  10. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: I am a newbe to this forum. I just bought an I Pad and I am trying to have my emails transfer into it from my Windows Live mail 2012. I know it is no longer support by Micro Soft. The I Pad set up is asking me questions I can't answer. Can anyone help me please? 92086