Windows 10: live mail contacts disappeared. how to get them back

Discus and support live mail contacts disappeared. how to get them back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Live Mail. My contacts list has disappeared. When I create a new mail note live mail can not find people that are or were on my contacts list.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CaroleMebane, Jun 12, 2020.

1. live mail contacts disappeared. how to get them back

I use Live Mail. My contacts list has disappeared. When I create a new mail note live mail can not find people that are or were on my contacts list. How do I restore my lost contacts? Thank you

I can see my contacts list when I open mail using Outlook.com.

:)

CaroleMebane, Jun 12, 2020

2. Live Mail - delete contacts

Windows Live Mail syncs with People contacts, but only if you are logged in on Windows Live Mail. Changes made while not logged in appear to never be synced. The 'People' contacts are stored on Microsoft servers, for use by the People app, people.live.com, and syncing with Windows Live Mail (when logged into it). Syncing seems to fail as often as not, so fully back up all contacts lists before culling.

bigbadsteve, Jun 12, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jun 12, 2020
  4. aesculus Win User

live mail contacts disappeared. how to get them back

Where does Win 10 store Windows Live Mail 'Contacts' folder

'Been using Windows Live Mail for nearly 2 years. Last week the Contacts list disappeared - the window appears to be 'greyed out'. Where do I find if my contacts list is recoverable?

Hmmm. Local time should read 13.54! Must fix GMT setting.

aesculus, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

live mail contacts disappeared. how to get them back

1. live mail contacts disappeared. how to get them back - Similar Threads - live mail contacts

2. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  3. how to import contact csv file into live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to import contact csv file into live mail: How do I import contacts csv file into Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contact-csv-file-into-live-mail/f0dd966c-0a74-4a2a-b564-8d96d1424568
  4. How to add a contact to a group in windows live mail?

How to add a contact to a group in windows live mail?: I need to add a contact to an email group in Windows Live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-contact-to-a-group-in-windows-live/022b32a7-9fa2-40d5-885d-281f688ed9c5
  5. my documents have disappeared - how to get them back

my documents have disappeared - how to get them back: After a brief down time for pc internet provider all my documents disappeared. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-have-disappeared-how-to-get-them-back/696c9a65-ab6b-4984-8f02-fa4bb1db9f20"
  6. Retrieve Live Mail calendar and contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve Live Mail calendar and contacts: I've been using live mail for years. My computer was damaged and replaced. Outlook is installed. Email is retrieved but not calendar and contacts. Is it possible to get this information? I'm happy to manually input into Outlook if transfer isn't possible....
  7. Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts: I still use WLM and am a bit peeved about loss of support. Anyways I have just moved from an old to a new PC. The usual nightmare. (I bought Laplink but it didn't work - mainly because I have a SSd c Drive which seems to confuse the. In the end I had to pay Laplink more to do...
  8. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...
  9. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508
  10. Windows Live Mail 11 contacts disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail 11 contacts disappeared: I've tried several ways to get my contacts to show up in Live Mail 11, but since my W10 upgrade I can't figure out how to get them back. Anyone have a tutorial or quick fix? Should I re-import them? 12964