Windows 10: Live Mail error after Win 10 2004 install

Discus and support Live Mail error after Win 10 2004 install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Immediately after updating to Windows 10 2004, Live Mail stopped receiving messages with error: "Unable to send or receive messages for the Care4free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdWarne, Jun 20, 2020.

1. EdWarne Win User

Live Mail error after Win 10 2004 install

Immediately after updating to Windows 10 2004, Live Mail stopped receiving messages with error:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Care4free ed.warne account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'pop.care4free.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 110
    SecureSSL: No"

How do I fix this?

:)

EdWarne, Jun 20, 2020
  2. bobkat Win User

win live mail problems in win 10

I may have to eventually but which program are you suggesting, live mail or win 10?

bobkat, Jun 20, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User

Oh, sorry. I meant Windows Essentials.

davidhk, Jun 20, 2020
  4. bobkat Win User

Suddenly my email has gone haywire.
    My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes.

When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password. Further, I have two addresses. one for me and another for my wife, each has a different email address but both mail lists appear on my PC and also on my wifes PC.

I also get asked for the password for her address. On my PC I no longer get her emails but mine list in both her and my mail boxes. On her PC she gets both her and my emails listing correctly.

I have no idea why this has suddenly happened. I got a new password for mail a few months ago and it worked fine. but now I am getting thiese problems.

In addition it may be part of the same problem, If I try to open the app for BT Desktop Help on my PC it says that I do not have explorer 6 or higher and it will not open. I am using WIn 10 with Edge. I thought that the programme worked with Win 10.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks

bobkat, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Live Mail error after Win 10 2004 install - Similar Threads - Live Mail error

2. Windows 10 2004 and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 2004 and Windows Live Mail: Today, my PC updated to version 2004 and now Windows Live Mail which has worked well until now shows existing mail but will not send or receive new email. How can I fix this? I can temporarily read my email on the web but would like to be able to download it....
  3. Windows Live Mail Error Code 0x800C013E Windows 10 after installing version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail Error Code 0x800C013E Windows 10 after installing version 2004: Windows Live Mail can no longer send or receive.....how do I move all my files I've saved in Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail if I can't send or receive … Completely uninstalling version 2004 would take hours if that would indeed fix the problem. Is there workaround that...
  4. Windows live mail error 0X800C013E after feature 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows live mail error 0X800C013E after feature 2004: After installing latest W10 update feature 2004 WLM fails on trying to read emails with error 0x800C013E . Winver is 2004 OS Build 19041.264 WLM version 2012 Build 16.4.3528.0331 Any assistance would be most welcome....
  5. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  6. Live Mail not starting after Win 10 Upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail not starting after Win 10 Upgrade: I have a laptop that had Window 7 and I did the upgrade. Everything went fine. But Windows Live Mail will not load. I have tried reinstalling Live Mail, repairing, and deleting install folder and registry. I also deleted the cache in app data folder. Is there anything else I...
  7. Windows Live Mail with Win 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail with Win 10?: I have been playing around with win 10 for a while now, first in a virtual machine but lately as a dual boot with Win 8.1. Now I am seriously thinking of making Win 10 my main OS. My question - with Win 8.1, I use Windows Live Mail, will this be supported under Win 10? TIA...
  8. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....
  9. Win 10 install crashed Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 install crashed Live Mail: Downloaded and installed Win 10. Live Mail would not open. Uninstalled Win 10 and reverted back to Win 7 so I could export contacts. All Live Mail files have been corrupted. Can not uninstall, repair, or reinstall Live Mail or Essentials. Trying to get contacts so I can...
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...