Windows 10: Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account

Discus and support Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wish to use the Windows App Mail to receive emails from my Googlemail account on a brand new Dell laptop. It fails to receive although it does send... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davjam2011, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account

I wish to use the Windows App Mail to receive emails from my Googlemail account on a brand new Dell laptop. It fails to receive although it does send emails. There is no reason why there should be any chance of corrupt files or installation - it is brand new! The account is set for IMAP, and the settings are correct.

:)

davjam2011, Jan 11, 2019
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Mustang Win User
    Yahoo account won't receive mail

I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC.

I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them.

I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to security to add a specific password for my account for apps, but cannot find any option to do this.

The only option it offers is to use/disable less secure options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Mail started being received 30 minutes after I had sent it from another email client.

Gripes about Mail app:

• Emails can't be saved to desktop
    • Font defaults can't be set size and text chosen, eg Arial

Mustang, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account

Google Email Account is not adding

Hi,

Are you able to add other email account to mail app apart from Gmail account?

To solve the problem, you have to make sure that your Google account is connected to your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do that:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account (You can access it from the following link:

https://myaccount.google.com/intro/security
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account
    • Make sure that Windows is on the list
    After you make sure that your Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account, and hopefully, everything will work fine. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP
    usage in your Google account. Here’s what you need to do:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account and check.

Yaqub K, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account

1. Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account - Similar Threads - Live mail fails

2. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: This is the message I get when I try to send/receive messages on my Windows Live Mail account. I have Windows 10 Pro. Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail mrwhite56 account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com' Windows Live Mail...
  3. Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails: Since the last automatic update of my Windows 10, my Windows Live Mail no longer works. I get this error message: Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'mail.comcast.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E...
  4. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-on-windows-live-mail/b45fe2f4-27c0-4d38-b94a-74338b02aecf
  5. Live Mail sent email never received

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Mail sent email never received: I used Windows "Live Mail" (little white open envelope) on 11/22/19. I typed up an email and sent the email. Email recipient did not receive. I know I sent. I did not receive an email notice error saying "undelivered." I tripled checked email address and it was correct....
  6. Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails: I have a Dell computer and my operating system is Windows 10 Pro and I am using Windows Live Mail, Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). I have satellite internet through Hughes (Gen 5). The account on which I am having the issue is a Windstream email account. I can send...
  7. windows live mail is rejecting my google email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail is rejecting my google email account: I get the following message: AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure) Configuration: Account: Gmail (mgpittman22) Server: imap.gmail.com User name: mgpittman22 Protocol: IMAP Port: 993 Secure(SSL): 1 Code: 800cccd1 This has been going on...
  8. Windows Live Mail (2012) will not send ceated emails but will reply to an incoming one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail (2012) will not send ceated emails but will reply to an incoming one: Hi, Microsoft said that they no longer support this email program & cannot help unless I subscribe to Office for a year. Any emails I generate no longer send. I can reply to incoming emails. Can anyone suggest a repair please? Nick...
  9. not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail: Mail is sending out mail but not receiving any mail, any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-receiving-incoming-email-in-the-windows-mail/6939a04c-ef0b-4348-adf9-7c2c6bc5ae41
  10. Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email: Using the Windows 10 native mail app with my Outlook.com account any email sent to me goes into a folder with my email address. Nothing ever shows up in the "Inbox" folder. Is there a way to change that? 73891