Windows 10: Live mail is asking for passcode again and again

Discus and support Live mail is asking for passcode again and again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting the below error when trying to sync live mail with Gmail, though it worked fine until this morning no config changes were made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dorit Nir, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Dorit Nir Win User

Live mail is asking for passcode again and again

I am getting the below error when trying to sync live mail with Gmail, though it worked fine until this morning no config changes were made

----------------

Unable to send or receive messages for the <<name>> account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90

Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.

Server: 'pop.gmail.com'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

Protocol: POP3

Port: 995

SecureSSL: Yes

Please advise how to fix

:)

Dorit Nir, Jul 29, 2020

2. Windows LIve Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It is possible that Mail.MsMessageStore file was corrupted. Please follow the steps below on how to repair the file:

• Which is the email client that you use to access your emails? Windows live mail or through mail app? Or do you access email via your Web Browser?

• If you use email client, what type of email account? (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps if you access it through Windows live mail.

1. Restart the computer (this is to ensure that Live Mail is fully shut down, and that none of it's components are in use when the computer starts)

2. Press Windows+ X and select command prompt(Admin).

3. Copy the following (press Ctrl+C):

esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

Note: the "" are necessary

4. Right click in the command prompt Window, and select Paste, so you now see the following:

C:\Windows\system32>esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

5. Press enter. esentutl will now defragment the Live Mail database file

6. Once done, you can close the command prompt, and restart the PC again

If the issue persists, please notify us.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Windows Live mail problem in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for visiting forum again.

If issue persists or reoccur, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue. We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you
    can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this
    link for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this
    link where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Live mail is asking for passcode again and again

Again having Error 3204 in windows Live Mail

Hi Hal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that your facing this issue. I would suggest you to open your mail in the web browser and check if the contacts still exist. Also make sure all the Windows update are up to date.

Ensure that you are running the latest version of Windows Live Mail.
    If you are running the latest version of Windows Live Mail and your email provider has confirmed that the email servers are running, you may need to remove and re-configure your email account in Windows Live Mail.

Please follow the steps given in the article to re-configure/ add an email account to
    Windows Live Mail.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

Get back with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Live mail is asking for passcode again and again

1. Live mail is asking for passcode again and again - Similar Threads - Live mail asking

2. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC asking to restart again and again: Stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days and its coming back....
  3. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC asking to restart again and again: Stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days and its coming back....
  4. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer asking for password again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer asking for password again: I turned on auto login in netplwiz and shut down my computer. The next day, I was confused why it was asking for my password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-asking-for-password-again/10305011-bbae-4a70-9db8-197f373bce99
  6. Computer asking for password again

Computer asking for password again: I turned on auto login in netplwiz and shut down my computer. The next day, I was confused why it was asking for my password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-asking-for-password-again/10305011-bbae-4a70-9db8-197f373bce99
  7. Windows Mail & Calender not working again and again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail & Calender not working again and again: i've been using windows mail for a year now and its been working fine. last couple of days it suddenly stops working. all the emails disappear, they haven't been deleted as they're still on my phone but none of my email accounts will work on my computer. All the folders...
  8. Live Mail - sign in again?? - How??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Live Mail - sign in again?? - How??: After earlier password change, when signing into Windows Live Mail: 1. It declares that "to ensure security you must Sign-in again". 2. So I click "OK", and it returns to the original Sign-in screen. 3. I enter the same address and pw, and hit "Sign In". but... 4....
  9. Receiving duplicate emails again and again in Windows Live Mail randomly and sometime...

Receiving duplicate emails again and again in Windows Live Mail randomly and sometime...: I am Receiving duplicate emails again and again in Windows Live Mail randomly and sometime automatically when windows get updated. My inbox is getting full every day due to this problem. I have configured my account as POP3. I have contacted Microsoft Technical team over...
  10. Windows update failing again and again, loosing the will to live!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update failing again and again, loosing the will to live!!!: Initially I had Windows 10 32bit home with the fall creators update on, and in part most things worked apart from cortana, no loss there. It was running as an admin account, I then added a user account and a password for my admin, after this it was all downhill. I no longer...