Windows 10: Live Mail location

Discus and support Live Mail location in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'd like to set hotkey to live mail on my keyboard but to do this I need the shortcut to this app or it's location on disc. Does anyone know... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mattfly, Feb 23, 2016.

1. mattfly Win User

Live Mail location

Hi guys,
    I'd like to set hotkey to live mail on my keyboard but to do this I need the shortcut to this app or it's location on disc. Does anyone know this app location?
    than

:)

mattfly, Feb 23, 2016
  2. CWS666 Win User

Unable to open Windows Live mail

When I click on the Live Mail icon I get the following message:

"Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Live Mail Message Store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full"

I checked and this is not so.

This is followed by another message:

"Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Live Mail Message Store Windows Live mail was unable to locate its message database. If you've moved the database files to a new location click OK to reset the database path
    to that location. Otherwise click cancel to proceed. Any existing messages found will be available under Orphaned Accounts"

Does anyone have any idea how to repair this issue please?

CWS666, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Data lost after restoring

Hi Kalpana

Im waiting for Norton chat to contact me but it appears that the live mail has changed location,

When I open task manager and examine the properties of Live mail its running in c:\program Files(x86)\windows Live\mail.

but when I look at the properties of of a mail file on Norton its pointing at c:\users\\appdata\local\microsoft\windows live mail\btconnectxxxxxxxxxx

If I tell Norton to restore to the location above will I then be able to see my mail?

Laurie Pocock, Feb 23, 2016
  4. Live Mail location

Hi, I believe you'll find the apps here:
    %AppData%\..\Local\Packages

If you cant do it from there then
    It might be you cant do it at all

hTconeM9user, Feb 23, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    "Live Mail" as in Windows Live Mail ?

If yes, as far as I know, there is no shortcut key for WLM.

This may not be what you are asking.....................
    If you want to go to its file location, click All apps > scroll to W and right click at Windows Live Mail > click MORE > click Open File Location...........

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Live Mail location

1. Live Mail location - Similar Threads - Live Mail location

2. live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  3. live mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  4. Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail: After the last W10 update, Live Mail 2012 will not send or receive from my mail server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/0d88823f-6a41-489d-85e2-f4fbed982ffc
  5. Locate Windows Live mail version

in Browsers and Email
    Locate Windows Live mail version: Still using WLN 2012 but not sure of the version I have. We are using Windows 10 home, and had a system crash in May 2019 and the tech installed Windows Essential 2012 so we could retrieve some of the email. I checked the internet and the two different thing they suggested...
  6. Locate Windows Live mail version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locate Windows Live mail version: Still using WLN 2012 but not sure of the version I have. We are using Windows 10 home, and had a system crash in May 2019 and the tech installed Windows Essential 2012 so we could retrieve some of the email. I checked the internet and the two different thing they suggested...
  7. Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail: I have been using live mail for a number of years and had a number of storage folders to retain emails I needed for reference. I found all those storage folders had disappeared when I went to live mail yesterday. I have since started new storage folders for emails received...
  8. Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Mail: My Live Mail password will not work to allow me access to my gmail. Changing the password doesn't make any difference either. I'm still locked out from getting any new email. Help?...
  9. Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live mail: some emails I forward are sent as many times as 37 repeated emails how do I stop this so it is sent only once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/a373e491-9ae5-4da0-8fab-acb57a3a22be
  10. Live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live mail: Cannot receive mail from Windows Live. Error message: 0x800cc90, server error Live mail error 0x800cc92 Pop 3 Part 995. It won't accept my password even tried changing it. So Frustrating....