Windows 10: Live Mail "Message could not be displayed"

Discus and support Live Mail "Message could not be displayed" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the 11/1 Windows 10 update my Windows Live mail now gets an error message 'message could not be displayed" for all my incoming emails. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael 167, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Live Mail "Message could not be displayed"

After the 11/1 Windows 10 update my Windows Live mail now gets an error message 'message could not be displayed" for all my incoming emails. How can I fix this??

:)

Michael 167, Nov 4, 2020

2. Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

Windows Essentials

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Mail messages display as HTML markup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This may be due to when Windows Live Mail is unable to read emails in HTML coded format. I would suggest you try the following steps and check if the issue gets fixed.

Method 1: Check settings.

1. Open Windows Live Mail and click on File > Options > Mail.

2. Now, click on Read tab and uncheck the box for
    Read all mails as Plain Text.

Method 2: Add the sender to Safe sender's list.

Follow the steps below:

1. Open Windows Live mail and right-click on the email that you are unable to read emails from.

2. Select Junk Mail and click on Add sender to the Safe Sender's list.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Live Mail "Message could not be displayed"

Windows Live Mail Calendar

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Live Mail. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Which version of Windows Essentials have you installed on your PC?

• Which Email domain did you configure with Windows Live Mail?

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Repair Windows Live Mail

Refer to the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R

• Type appwiz.cpl

• Right click Windows Live Essentials

• Click Uninstall/Change

• Click Repair all Windows Live Programs
    If the issue still persists, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Remove and Reinstall Windows Live Mail referring to the link mentioned below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/938275

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help

Ankit Rajput, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Live Mail "Message could not be displayed"

1. Live Mail "Message could not be displayed" - Similar Threads - Live Mail Message

2. Live Mail unable to send messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Mail unable to send messages: I have Windows 7 on my desktop and use Windows Live Mail. I receive messages, but recently I have been unable to send messages. I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'promail.ptd.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  3. Live Mail unable to send messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Mail unable to send messages: I have Windows 7 on my desktop and use Windows Live Mail. I receive messages, but recently I have been unable to send messages. I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'promail.ptd.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  4. Windows Live Mail - Message cannot be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail - Message cannot be found: Windows live mail has a fault - Message cannot be found. The data is still in the email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-message-cannot-be-found/b959b0b8-080c-45cb-98a5-99f0031cce95
  5. Windows Live Mail won't display messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail won't display messages: When I go to my inbox, all the messages are there, but I can't see the body of them. This message is all that shows up: Message could not be displayed Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low...
  6. Windows Live Mail cannot display message after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail cannot display message after Windows 10 update: My laptop recently updated windows 10 I think #1909 on it's own. After the update, my Windows Live Mail quit working. It downloads the message headers/titles, so I know it's connecting to the gmail server, but when I try to open the message, I get the error, "Message Can't...
  7. moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail: I had a motherboard die on my Windows 7 machine but luckily the hard drive survived. So I can't open windows live mail and export. I have the complete windows 7 live mail eml files on the hard drive that I've saved for later use and need them on my windows 10 machine in...
  8. Error message in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in Windows Live Mail: Since the August 2019 crash of Telus email, every time I open Window live mail ( I know it's unsupported and old but has, until now worked perfectly) I have been receiving the following error message in Window Live Mail: unable to send or receive messages for the Telus ( )...
  9. Deleting messages from Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting messages from Windows Live Mail: I have tried all the normal ways and it still remains. It's driving me mad every time I open the mail. This is in the in-box and I can't even move it anywhere to try and delete it that way. No biggie I know but I really would like to get rid of it. Thanks 67976
  10. Windows Live Mail error message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail error message: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me! I am reasonably computer literate (started when Win 3.1 was the current OS) but new to Win 10 which I have just acquired pre installed on a new PC. I use WLM and got it running well on two separate accounts on...