Windows 10: live mail on W10

Discus and support live mail on W10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have successfully installed W10 on my PC. However when I try and run Live mail, the initial small panel appears, and a reduced, almost blank... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by richardp, Dec 28, 2015.

1. richardp Win User

live mail on W10

Hi,
    I have successfully installed W10 on my PC. However when I try and run Live mail, the initial small panel appears, and a reduced, almost blank Live Mail work space, but at that point, the spinning disc continues spinning and the process stays at that point. Impossible to cancel, and close programme at bottom of screen ineffective. Only way out is to close and restart PC. Tried Control Panel/ programmes to find Live mail and repair, but couldn't find it.
    What next, or is it better to use a Web mail (eg Virgin) or is another mail client preferable for W 10.
    Thanks

:)

richardp, Dec 28, 2015

2. Switch from Windows 10 mail to windows live mail

I have been using Windows Live Mail but gave Windows 10 mail a try and do not like it. Now I need to change back to Windows Live Mail. Every time I open Windows Live Mail it closes with "Windows Live Mail Has Stopped Working".

Is this because W10 mail is designated as my mail program?

All I want to do is turn off W10 mail and use Live mail which I have already installed.

Thanks

beauchamp43, Dec 28, 2015
  3. mikejd70 Win User
    deleting e-mails in W10

W10 Live Mail.

mikejd70, Dec 28, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

live mail on W10

I use Windows Live mail from here Windows Essentials - Microsoft Windows
    and it works fine. You could try downloading it again and re-installing it.

There is the built in Mail app in 10 but Windows Live Mail is much more fully featured.

5. richardp Win User
    Thanks for reply
    I thought I had replied, but now not sure.This advertises that I am obviously a grey haired Computer dinosaur! Apologies.
    You have convinced me to continue trying to get Live mail to work. I tries uninstall/repair and selected repair. After several minutes repairing, the result was the same - down loading sticks partly loaded with a continuously spinning disc. Reluctant to completely uninstall and reload. Won,t I lose all my inbox folders/contacts etc.?

richardp, Dec 28, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    First thing to try is to run the wlarp.exe program (this is Windows Live repair program described here). You can find this by searching from start menu (it is in either C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Installer or C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Installer depending on the version of Windows 10 you have installed).

Run it and take the "Repair all Windows Essentials Programs" option.

If that doesn't work you may have to try uninstalling and reinstalling. You will lose your mails however when you re-install and re-define you email account it will download them all again from the server (if your email is IMAP which most are).

If you can get into Windows Live Mail at all you can export your mail, contacts etc as described here How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail? - Windows Help

If you can't get into the program at all you can copy the folder "C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail" to anther location for safekeeping (you'll need to show hidden files to see this folder). Then if you can't download from email server again there should be some way to get the information back. I'm not sure how exactly so this should be last resort but the same issue would apply moving to a new email program anyway. Hopefully it will not be required.

7. I downloaded and installed from Ix07's link, and all works fine for me with no problems. *Smile

thegeriatric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

live mail on W10

1. live mail on W10 - Similar Threads - live mail W10

2. live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  3. live mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  4. Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail: After the last W10 update, Live Mail 2012 will not send or receive from my mail server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/0d88823f-6a41-489d-85e2-f4fbed982ffc
  5. W10 Windows live mail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Windows live mail.: Hi All…..How do I save an email from Win live mail to a document folder? It was easy in W7 but seems impossible to do now - just says ‘wrong type of file ‘ when I attempt. …so am unable to save it. Anyone help pls. thks from a very very unhappy W10 user!!!...
  6. Live mail

Live mail: I am trouble w/ win live mail can receive but not send....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/243da502-1500-41c3-a4f4-fdd6dabcdf18
  7. Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live mail: some emails I forward are sent as many times as 37 repeated emails how do I stop this so it is sent only once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/a373e491-9ae5-4da0-8fab-acb57a3a22be
  8. Live mail

Live mail: Cannot receive mail from Windows Live. Error message: 0x800cc90, server error Live mail error 0x800cc92 Pop 3 Part 995. It won't accept my password even tried changing it. So Frustrating....
  9. live mail

in Browsers and Email
    live mail: HI all,,I have a new computer (windows 10) and in the list of apps it has live mail and when I clicked it this came up. [img] Can anyone tell me the problem please. Len 109278
  10. MS Live Mail Still in W10 1709

in Browsers and Email
    MS Live Mail Still in W10 1709: For sometime I've read more than one article stating MS is no longer supporting Live. Just this past week I recovered my PC and installed the latest available W10 version. That being 1709. To my surprise and delight was MS Live email. I quickly converted ATT/Yahoo over to...