Windows 10: Live Mail problem

Discus and support Live Mail problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use Live Mail, the 2012 version, and this morning my Inbox was missing. I still have Quick Views, Outbox and Storage Folders, but no in box. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimRowalt, Apr 4, 2021.

1. JimRowalt Win User

Live Mail problem

I use Live Mail, the 2012 version, and this morning my Inbox was missing. I still have Quick Views, Outbox and Storage Folders, but no in box. I use Yahoo email through ATT and all of the folders are there when I log into my email with ATT. Last night when I shut the pc down, it took about 10 minutes to close before a message came up asking whether I wanted to Troubleshoot or go straight to Windows. I opted for the latter and it opened up ok and then I shut down again with no problems. When I logged in the morning there was no indication of problems I have not gotten any error messages. I have restarted several times but the problem persists. I also use Window Mail and when I tried to open it, I got a message indicating this "app can't open"

:)

JimRowalt, Apr 4, 2021

2. Windows Live mail problem in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for visiting forum again.

If issue persists or reoccur, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue. We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you
    can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this
    link for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this
    link where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

Windows Essentials

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Live Mail problem

Windows Live Mail Calendar

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Live Mail. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Which version of Windows Essentials have you installed on your PC?

• Which Email domain did you configure with Windows Live Mail?

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Repair Windows Live Mail

Refer to the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R

• Type appwiz.cpl

• Right click Windows Live Essentials

• Click Uninstall/Change

• Click Repair all Windows Live Programs
    If the issue still persists, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Remove and Reinstall Windows Live Mail referring to the link mentioned below:

How to remove and reinstall Windows Live Essentials

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help

Ankit Rajput, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Live Mail problem

1. Live Mail problem - Similar Threads - Live Mail problem

2. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  3. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  4. Password problems on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password problems on Windows Live Mail: There is a problem with the password on Windows Live Mail - I realise it's not supported and needs to be moved to a new facility. However, I have tried to reinstate it without success and was possibly brought about because of Talktalk sent a message to change the email...
  5. Windows Live Mail 2012 problem!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail 2012 problem!: I can receive email in Live Mail 2012, and send email using To: but when I try to send email to several using Bcc or even one using Bcc the out box does not work.How can I resolve this problem? I hope I have posted correctly!ThanksCarrmasDad2***Post moved by the moderator to...
  6. windows live mail problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows live mail problem: windows live mail says "Message could not be displayed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-problem/764573b4-f3d3-449b-8b77-3d68302fb704
  7. Problem with Windows Live Mail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows Live Mail.: I am using window 10 now. I know that Microsoft no longer supports windows live mail, but I have been using it for many years, and I have a lot of files and saved e-mails on it. For the past 3 or 4 weeks windows live mail has been having a lot of difficulty recognizing my...
  8. Windows live mail....problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail....problem: It used to work great, now since the anniversary update I get this [img] I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing helps. 62020
  9. Windows Live Mail Import Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Import Problem: Hi and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. If it has already been posted, then I apologize, but I could not find it. I've just upgraded to Win-10 from XP and I'm having an issue with Windows Live Mail 2012. Specifically, the contacts import feature. I...
  10. Win Live MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live MAIL problem: I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with...