Windows 10: Live Mic

Discus and support Live Mic in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Win10 and found my mic is always on. Where does that sound go, is it collected? Hell, I have a piece of electrical tape over the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daniel L. Richards, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Live Mic

I just upgraded to Win10 and found my mic is always on. Where does that sound go, is it collected? Hell, I have a piece of electrical tape over the camera, I certainly don't want it listening to what I rant about when I watch the news! I can't seem to and I want to turn it off.

:)

Daniel L. Richards, Aug 5, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Live Mic

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Live Mic

1. Live Mic - Similar Threads - Live Mic

2. Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity?: [IMG] Already Defaulted the firewall policy and restarted. Any ideas? Port Forwarding possibly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-forward-ports-to-have-xbox-live/23878bbe-2049-4ccc-948a-dba48a62cd5c
  3. Windows 7 Pro - Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro - Windows Live Mail 2012: I now have the Windows 10 and need to get my Windows Live Mail 2012 clients and folders imported to Mozilla Thunderbird FOLLOWING FINDING THEM ALL. HOW CAN I FIND THEM???...
  4. Prevent image crop on live folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent image crop on live folders: Is it possible to prevent Live folders from using a cropped image therefore giving the same appearance as previous versions of Windows have provided? As an example my TV and Movie libraries have folder.jpg in use in every top level folder with the image being 1000x668 pixels,...
  5. windows live lost email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live lost email: What is windows live error 0x00000000 and how do I recover my lost emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-lost-email/45ad034e-397d-4ee5-bb3b-c49f77c1427c"
  6. I cannot sign in using my @live in "Email & Accounts" and the Microsoft Store...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot sign in using my @live in "Email & Accounts" and the Microsoft Store...: Hi, I hope everyone is t their best... I've had this issue for five months, the issue arose after I had to reset my computer without keeping my data. I first discovered this issue when I tried to sign in to the Microsoft Store using my @Live email and this pop up appears...
  7. outlook live mail is missing parts of tool bar in my inbox

in Browsers and Email
    outlook live mail is missing parts of tool bar in my inbox: The mail has lost the reply & forward function at the top of my inbox. Now I see delete in its place. How is this fixed ? Thanks in advance for any advice & help. 138813
  8. outlook live mail is missiing parts of tool bar in my inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook live mail is missiing parts of tool bar in my inbox: The mail has lost the reply & forward function at the top of my inbox. Now I see delete in its place. How is this fixed ? Thanks in advance for any advice & help. 138813
  9. Watch Live Xbox X019 in London November 14 to 16

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Live Xbox X019 in London November 14 to 16: [ATTACH] X019 is our global celebration of everything Xbox. We’re incredibly excited to bring X019 to London, United Kingdom from November 14-16 at the Copper Box Arena. It’s the biggest Xbox event we’ve ever hosted in the UK and we can’t wait to share it live with...
  10. YouTube LIVE STREAMS w/ busy COMMENTS r DEADLY

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube LIVE STREAMS w/ busy COMMENTS r DEADLY: This isn't a question but an answer. I have found that when a YouTuber does a live stream and their comment field explodes with comments -- eventually it's crash city. I'm using Firefox and it doesn't really matter the CPU. I think it simply overwhelms the CPU and is RAM...