Windows 10: live preview in excel

Discus and support live preview in excel in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; live preview in excel is not working even though it is enabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MeddyPG, May 21, 2021.

1. MeddyPG Win User

live preview in excel

live preview in excel is not working even though it is enabled

:)

MeddyPG, May 21, 2021

2. Preview Pane in Explorer No Longer Working with Excel Files

System Parameters:

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 64 bit

Excel for Office 365 MOS (16.0.1129_20045) 32 bit

Issue:

Windows/Excel recently updated. Presumably, this was done to "fix" a problem (which reminds me of when I "fixed" my pet).

Now, when I look at a list of files in Windows Explorer, the "Preview" pane will no longer preview excel files; and if I leave the "Preview" pane open, the computer hangs.

Need help with making the preview function of explorer work again with excel files. Any takers?

user wishing her company would use linux, May 21, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Windows explorer issues with preview pane and excel

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to troubleshoot crashing issues with Excel on this
    article.

Kindly update us on the result.

Marby Rey, May 21, 2021
  4. live preview in excel

Previewing files

Hello DE906,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the PDF viewer that you're using?

Meanwhile, if you're using Adobe Acrobat; I'd recommend performing the steps in this
    article
    to enable thumbnail preview of PDF's in Windows Explorer.

Also, you can check this article
    for the .docx issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 21, 2021
Thema:

live preview in excel

1. live preview in excel - Similar Threads - live preview excel

2. Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal: Trying to print a file from Excel and the Printing Preview doesn't look like the original File. Please advise. Change something in Excel or my printer? Image on Top is the preview in my printer and other image is the original file in Excel...
  3. Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal: Trying to print a file from Excel and the Printing Preview doesn't look like the original File. Please advise. Change something in Excel or my printer? Image on Top is the preview in my printer and other image is the original file in Excel...
  4. Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal

6. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  7. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  8. Previewing Excel files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previewing Excel files in File Explorer: I use the Windows File Explorer extensively. I like being able to preview files and can readily do so with Word and PDF files. However, I can't do so with Excel files. Is there anyway to add this capability?...
  9. Excel Preview

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Preview: Can anyone tell me how to Save As? I don't see the option when I have edited a spreadsheet. 6756
  10. Taskbar Live Preview Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Live Preview Stopped Working: I am at wits end, and am loathing the option to reset windows, but I don't know what else to do. The windows taskbar works perfectly, except for the missing window previews when I hover over the icon of an open program. All other aero features work perfectly. When I hover...