Windows 10: Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it

Discus and support Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello guys, Sometimes somehow it does stay on, while I'm doing other things and my mouse isn't over it, so I'm wondering - maybe there is a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by qwqwqw556, Mar 21, 2017.

1. qwqwqw556 Win User

Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it

Hello guys,

Sometimes somehow it does stay on, while I'm doing other things and my mouse isn't over it, so I'm wondering - maybe there is a way to make a live preview of thumbnails always on intentionally?

:)

qwqwqw556, Mar 21, 2017

2. Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it

It's possible?

martinezNN, Mar 21, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User

In your screenshot you show 3 shots of File Explorer but nothing of the Google browser that is open.

Why do you need more than a notice that you have a program running in the background and why 3 or more copies of the same program.

lacrumb, Mar 21, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

I have seen this behaviour sometimes when the system is working hard and CPU is at 100%. The preview pop-up stays on for quite a while after the mouse has moved on. I think it is normal and just reflects that there are many background tasks going on that delay the screen update process. I'm not aware of anyway to make them stay on.

philc43, Mar 22, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @qwqwqw556.

As philc43 says, I don't think there's a way to make them show permanently.

There are other ways to temporarily bring up a live preview of all windows and switch to the one of your choice, such as Alt-Tab. If you use Ctrl-Alt-Tab the previews stay on screen until you click on one to switch to it, or click outside the previews to cancel.

Note that in all cases the previews are not live if the window concerned has been minimised.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it - Similar Threads - Live taskbar thumbnails

2. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  3. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  4. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  6. when move mouse in thumbnail in taskbar don't show preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    when move mouse in thumbnail in taskbar don't show preview: hi guys i have a problem in thumbnail in taskbar when move cursor mouse in thumbnail window in taskbar don't show big preview of window looking to this image for Better understand [ATTACH]...
  7. taskbar thumbnail preview

taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  8. huge mouse-over thumbnail preview windows 10

huge mouse-over thumbnail preview windows 10: Hi*, I am seeing huge mouse-over thumbnail preview windows 10 - Any help or ideas please? Thanks.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-mouse-over-thumbnail-preview-windows-10/28998992-d4ac-4b9c-87aa-e84316176e0e
  9. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the...
  10. Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 When you hover over the taskbar icon of an opened item (ex: Google Chrome), it will show you a thumbnail preview of its opened...