Windows 10: Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

Discus and support Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’ in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So yesterday evening / early hours (UK) time the ms store app received an update. It all works ok in aftermath except on every single machine we own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

So yesterday evening / early hours (UK) time the ms store app received an update. It all works ok in aftermath except on every single machine we own the tile pinned to start menu is no longer live. Just the store icon now. We tried turning live tile off and on several times from the start menu and within the app settings itself too. But nothing brings it to life, it’s essentially a non live time now. Anyone else see / notice this? Brandon Leblanc on twitter claims they don’t see the same but I have seen this at home and work machines ever since the recent update and want to see if others have it too and reinforce my assertion it’s a bug in their latest release

:)

Scottyboy99, Jul 31, 2018
  2. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Jul 31, 2018
  3. elbeasto Win User

Since 1703 & now 1709

I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue

Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period:

• Turning the "Show products on tile" option off and then back on from within the Store's settings.
    • Resetting the Store.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Store with Powershell.

elbeasto, Jul 31, 2018
  4. dzigibau Win User

Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

Same here. I tried everything and I thing they change tile icon to colored just to make it stay there without being live. I checked some directory, easy to find user/app data/local/packages/Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe/ or Program Files/WindowsApps/Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.../Assets and there you will find some folders with files without extension but with date from long time ago which are not live tiles downloaded for change of Microsoft Store live tile. Perhaps, nothing can be done unless Microsoft create a new update with live tile working for Microsoft Store. All other tiles work correctly.

Since Feedback Hub does not work at all (tried on three different computers), I can not send any note to Microsoft about it. Hopefully, they read this forum and they will catch this information about a bug or their intention for which we are interested to be back to have Microsoft Store live tile again.

dzigibau, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

1. Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’ - Similar Threads - Live tile store

2. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  3. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  4. Microsoft Store Live Tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Live Tile: When will microsoft if ever sort out the store tile not going live. It has been months since it stopped going live and i have seen no comments from microsoft, only comments from independant advisers / scammers with surgestions which in all honestly do not work. Has microsoft...
  5. Microsoft Store tile not live

Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  6. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  7. Store Live Tile Not Working

Store Live Tile Not Working: Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218
  8. Store app live tile dead

Store app live tile dead: I only just noticed this but on our machines the store app tile is no longer live. Seems to be dead. Suspect it’s been like that for some time. Probably when they did their pointless update to change the name and icon. I tried turning live tile off and on again but it doesn’t...
  9. Store Live Tile no longer works

Store Live Tile no longer works: Since 1703 & now 1709 I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period: Turning the "Show products on tile" option off and then back on from within the Store's settings. Resetting the Store. Uninstalling...
  10. Live tiles not so live

Live tiles not so live: If I reboot my computer everyday, the live tiles work mostly. But, I don't reboot everyday so live tiles, are not only not live, but some don't work at all. Case in point: I never get an email notification in the tile. (I'm assuming I should); when I click on weather a blank...