Windows 10: Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them

Discus and support Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Like Windows 8, Windows 10 has been filled with Live Tiles since its launch in 2015. By default, dozens of tiles or squares in the Start Menu are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 16, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them

Like Windows 8, Windows 10 has been filled with Live Tiles since its launch in 2015. By default, dozens of tiles or squares in the Start Menu are updated with the latest information, news or weather.

Start Menu live tiles first appeared in the Windows Phone 7 OS and were designed for a mobile-first experience.

As we reported last year, the days of live tiles are numbered and Microsoft is no longer developing the feature internally. In fact, Windows 11’s default Start Menu design drops live tiles for icons and grid layout, similar to what we’ve on Windows 10X. At least that’s what a new leaked build tells us.

If you’ve seen the screenshots of the updated Start menu, you probably figured out already that the Windows 11 design borrows its Start Menu from Windows 10X, an operating system originally designed for dual-screen products.

But if you aren’t a fan of these changes, it looks like you can still switch it back to the classic design.

According to references spotted in the leaked preview of Windows 11, there’s a new feature called “Classic Start Menu”. If you enable this feature in Windows Settings or Registry, you can restore the live tiles and go back to the old Start.

Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them Old-Start-Menu.jpg
    Old Start Menu layout restored in Windows 11

In the leaked build, users can go back to the old Start Menu with live tiles by creating a new DWord value using Registry Editor:

• Open Regedit (Registry Editor.
    • Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\
    • Open the Advanced folder.
    • Create a new DWord and name it “Start_ShowClassicMode”
    • Double-tap on the DWord entry and set its value to 1.
    • Restart Windows Explorer using Task Manager.

At the moment, the classic Start Menu requires a Registry change, and Microsoft hasn’t added the option in the Settings app of the leaked build. It’s likely that the final build of Windows 11 will include a switch between the old and new Start Menu, which might be useful for both consumers and businesses.

By default, the Start menu will be centered and it will feature a simplified look with icons in a grid layout. There’s a new area within the Start menu for recommended activities/files, such as your Microsoft Office files and apps.

Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them New-Start-Menu.jpg

The all apps list has been moved to the top right corner, while the power options are moved to the right corner at the bottom of the screen.

The post Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 16, 2021

2. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 16, 2021
  3. windows 10 live tiles not going live

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To make sure the live tile feature is enabled, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check again.

1. Right click on one of the app (For eg. Xbox app) and select "more".

2. Select "turn live tile on".

Check if that changes the tiles.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 16, 2021
  4. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them - Similar Threads - Live Tiles enabled

2. Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....: I grew very accustomed to using Tiles from the Start menu to organize my apps and access them Widgets are not a substitute, or an improvement. They cant' be organized the same way, and there's far too much stuff. Blah!I haven't got time for that, therefore I ignore it, and...
  3. Live Wallpapers ?! Hello?! Love you devs!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live Wallpapers ?! Hello?! Love you devs!: It's 2020 and the windows 10 OS that is the last Operation System of Microsoft Corporation still does not support Live Wallpapers! I mean how can it be hard to code and implement such feature for this OS ? Despite all of that bugs and issues that occurs every last build that...
  4. Live tiles are not working. How to fix them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tiles are not working. How to fix them?: I installed these analog live tile clocks from the Microsoft Store but they don't work. Live tiles in general don't work in my start menu. Maybe I disabled them earlier with a registry tweak or something, I don't remember. [img] 127942
  5. do you really still love ms paint?

do you really still love ms paint?: I absolutely love ms paint the simplistic and clunky controls always posed a casual experience and slight challenge that was just wonderful but recently I have found it has been mysteriously removed from my computer. so, I looked into it and I found that you got rid of it in...
  6. Can you change the Individual Colour of live Tiles?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you change the Individual Colour of live Tiles?: Can you change the Individual Colour of live Tiles, even if only the ones you have made yourself. As it would be far easier to be able to spot the ones that you want to use for different things. If so how? 18667
  7. Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live

Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live: Guys, Out from the sky, all my Start Menu Live Tiles stopped being live. Did not touch a thing. Windows 10 x32, 1709 16299.334 Do not have a Restore Point. Could you please help me to bring them alive again. It also influenced that my Mail App pinned to taskbar does...
  8. Do you REALLY want to stop updates? Love me then...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do you REALLY want to stop updates? Love me then...: Microsoft either forgets or doesn't believe some people are just smarter than them. First, if you don't know by now these are some commands. To disable Automatic updates service then run as admin sc config wuauserv start= disabled. If you want to stop Automatic updates...
  9. can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start?

in Windows 10 Support
    can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start?: Any way at all to have live tiles be on the desktop instead of in start menu? I don't undertand why MS tucked the live tiles into start menu? If they are afraid that it would interfere with desktop icons, then they should make live tiles be dockable or make it so that a live...
  10. Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information A tile is an app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. A static tile...