Windows 10: Live Tiles not working in custom scaling.

Discus and support Live Tiles not working in custom scaling. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop has 1920x1080 resolution and 15,6'' screen size, so I needed to turn on custom scaling and set the scale to 115%, instead of the 125% preset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stamatakisjorges_, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Live Tiles not working in custom scaling.

My laptop has 1920x1080 resolution and 15,6'' screen size, so I needed to turn on custom scaling and set the scale to 115%, instead of the 125% preset for more convenience. The live tiles were working perfectly in all sizes at preset scales 100%, 125%, .., but at a custom scale they only work in medium size. I've tried every single basic way of repairing app functionality problems, like sfc and dism /online repair commands, re-registering windows apps, resetting and re-installing, but none of them worked.

This problem has been issued before in other forums and has been yet unresolved, so I'd be glad if I found a different workaround than turning off custom scaling and ignoring the issue completely. I'm currently using windows 10 20h2, but I also had the problem before upgrading.

Thanks in advance.

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎2/‎6/‎2021

OS build 19042.804

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

stamatakisjorges_, Feb 12, 2021
  2. jnkacoba Win User

Live Tiles Not Working under 167% scaling resolution on Windows 10

I have a high resolution monitor, so I needed to change the scaling levels to my liking. At all of the preset scaling options (100%, 125%, 150%, etc...) all different sizes of the live tiles work fine however, I adjusted the scaling to a custom number (167%).
    At this scaling level, only the medium size live tiles work and I cannot get any of the other sizes (Wide, Large) to work. I also tried different custom scaling options, and I still get the same result.

Is there any way to get the Wide and Large tiles to work at a custom scaling number?

Original title: Live Tiles Not Working

jnkacoba, Feb 12, 2021
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Live Tiles not working in custom scaling.

Live Tiles Not Working under 167% scaling resolution on Windows 10

I have been facing the same problems. Live tiles only work only when the scaling is chosen from the preset scaling levels. Once I use the custom scaling option, live tiles stop working. There is nothing anyone can do. It's just a limitation of the current
    version of the OS and this will remain like this until the next update.

Also, I expect Microsoft support engineers to give genuine replies rather than a generic reply. You people should be knowing more than us.

Satish SinghVA, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Live Tiles not working in custom scaling.

1. Live Tiles not working in custom scaling. - Similar Threads - Live Tiles working

2. Live Tiles not working at custom scale.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Tiles not working at custom scale.: My laptop has 1920x1080 resolution and 15,6'' screen size, so I needed to turn on custom scaling and set the scale to 115%, instead of the 125% preset for more convenience. The live tiles were working perfectly in all sizes at preset scales 100%, 125%, .., but at a custom...
  3. Live tile not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tile not working.: So basically I have my Microsoft Store application pinned to my start menu but I don't see the live tile working. I tried a reboot, windows explorer restart, making sure live tile is on, and gave it time yet it still didn't update. Any solutions?? submitted by...
  4. Live tile not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tile not working?: Windows 10 home 64 bit, version 2004 up to date. I use Windows News Live tile in the start menu quite often, but for some reason it no longer shows a rotating news feed picture? I can still click on it and go to the news page, but the tile is dead otherwise. The tile is set...
  5. Live tiles don't work

Live tiles don't work: Do live tiles work in windows 10 home? Because they don't work here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles-dont-work/e40ceced-cc56-4dd1-b8d7-acbec8a1957c
  6. Netflix live tile not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix live tile not working...: Hey guys, usually the Netflix live tile shows me movies...now it's 3 days and it doesn't flip...all other tiles working fine .. tried in pining and also signing out but no go Any ideas 139554
  7. Live Tiles customize how, what, where

Live Tiles customize how, what, where: Live Tiles How many images are selected and what determines the selection? Can I select which folders, Photos live tile chooses from? I moved all of the images out of the default Pictures folder to the desktop and Photo Live Tile is still cycling the same images. *Sad...
  8. Live Tiles Stopped Working

Live Tiles Stopped Working: Live tiles have stopped working both on my desktop and Surface Pro 4. This seems to have happened sometime on 11/2. Is anyone else seeing this? I was able to get the desktop live tiles going again by signing out of the account (a local account) and signing into a...
  9. Cortana Live Tile Not Working

Cortana Live Tile Not Working: Hi all. Just a small annoyance really. The Cortana live tile is not working all the time for me. When I open Cortana I can see my specified news cards etc however it won't live update new news etc on the live tile. Sometimes I will see for instance "BBC -5 minutes ago" on...
  10. Store Live Tile Not Working

Store Live Tile Not Working: Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218