Windows 10: Live Tiles

Discus and support Live Tiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeShades, Jul 28, 2015.

1. JoeShades Win User

Live Tiles

Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do?

:)

JoeShades, Jul 28, 2015

2. can user enter text into live tile?

Is it possible to create a live tile on WinPhone 8 that has user controls?

For example, the Live Tile accepts user input? and have a "submit" button right on the Live Tile?

Mike Edgar, Jul 28, 2015
  3. 10 foot live tile view

Take this as a suggestion or an application idea:

Summary: 10 foot live tile view application/lock screen/screen saver.

Features:

- A rotating view of pre-selected live tiles

- The live tile will be zoomed to the maximum viewing. since they are square, the other section could be empty or filled with usable - 10 foot viewing content.

- The application can be configured to rotate after x amount of seconds to the next pre-selected tile.

- The application can be configured to run immediately based on powersaving/lock settings.

Concept:

- Allows for remotely viewing from a larger distance(aka 10 foot) your current live tiles such as email, sms, voicemail, weather tile, and other 3rd party tiles.

Sample rotationshowing icon and value:

Email tile, sms tile, phone tile, weather(weather.com tile), other 3rd party tile, etc

I thought of developing this application, but to continually update the application for new live tiles would not be practicle.

Simply screen capturing live tile info and posting seemed like the least processing intensive....I would rather see this native to the OS to expand on live tiles.

sharpphone7, Jul 28, 2015
  4. darren Win User

Live Tiles

After upgrading to Win 10 I had to delete all my live tiles that were links to websites i.e.lifehacker and recreate them using Edge browser. Couple of them had to be deleted and recreated couple of times before started working. Had issue with couple of modern apps as well and uninstalled and reinstalled theses and all but flipboard now working.

Live tiles were always a bit touchy under win 8.1 and look to be same on win 10.

darren, Jul 28, 2015
  5. JoeShades Win User
    I have uninstalled , reinstalled, no live tiles working, no problems for me in 8.1

JoeShades, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Live Tiles

1. Live Tiles - Similar Threads - Live Tiles

2. What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?: To my surprise the Live Tile for the Netflix app continues to run when enabled in the Start Menu, but that said it's the only Live Tile that does still work from the apps I have installed. Does anybody have a list of apps with functioning Live Tiles?...
  3. What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?: To my surprise the Live Tile for the Netflix app continues to run when enabled in the Start Menu, but that said it's the only Live Tile that does still work from the apps I have installed. Does anybody have a list of apps with functioning Live Tiles?...
  4. What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why MS Store Live Tiles on Windows 10 is gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why MS Store Live Tiles on Windows 10 is gone?: Why MS did that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-store-live-tiles-on-windows-10-is-gone/04544301-6d7b-4cc3-b454-f8163027ce1c
  6. Why MS Store Live Tiles on Windows 10 is gone?

Why MS Store Live Tiles on Windows 10 is gone?: Why MS did that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-store-live-tiles-on-windows-10-is-gone/04544301-6d7b-4cc3-b454-f8163027ce1c
  7. Why MS Store Live Tiles on Windows 10 is gone?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  9. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  10. Photo App live tile no longer working

Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...