Windows 10: LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing Blackscreens, crashes, and restarts

Discus and support LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing Blackscreens, crashes, and restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC's hardware, and ever since, I've experienced seemingly random crashes and restarts. They interestingly have never occurred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mauri Alvarenga, Jul 20, 2018.

1. LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing Blackscreens, crashes, and restarts

I recently upgraded my PC's hardware, and ever since, I've experienced seemingly random crashes and restarts.

They interestingly have never occurred while performing any intensive tasks, such as gaming and stress testing. They've only ever occurred while doing trivial things, such as video streaming or simple Windows Explorer navigation.

I've tried rolling back video drivers, installing the latest ones, underclocking and undervolting the GPU, played around with CPU clocks and voltages, eventually leaving them back at stock settings, performed a full wipe and extended tests in all of my drives to make sure they're healthy, initializing them both afterwards and creating simple volumes on both, removing hardware components to make sure it's not a power issue, switched around all cable connections and made sure they're all properly plugged in, disabling software that might interfere with the computer's performance, such as hardware monitoring applications, updating to the latest BIOS, reinstalling Windows completely and doing everything all over again, etc. I've been at it for an entire week and I'm about to give up. The PC's functionality in games has not been affected at all (and any other 3D application for that matter), but has been crippled while doing anything else.

The Reliability History returns the following after every crash and restart:

Problem

Hardware Error

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffe201b202b4a0
    Parameter 2: fffff800e37ffea4
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 205c
    OS version: 10_0_17134
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

My PC's specs are as follows:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Intel i7-8700K @4.4-4.8 GHz 6 cores enabled with hyperthreading (As of typing this question. The crashes occur regardless of clock speed and voltages)

MSI Z370-A Pro (MS-7B48) UEFI BIOS American Megatrends Inc. 2.50, 16-May-18

16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @3200 MHz as physical memory

MSI Armor AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics 4GB @1291 MHz core 1750 MHz VRAM (Stock settings) driver version 24.20.12019.1010

ADATA SX6000NP NVMe 256 GB as boot drive

Western Digital Blue 1 TB 7200 rpm

Hitachi Deskstar 1 TB 7200 rpm

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter

Acer 1920 x 1080 x 144 Hz display

Corsair CX600M power supply

Now I provide the files with the memory minidump for the crash and the MSinfo32 file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar2HrcvsRdn3m3BNn7mpfGgcGC6R

The single DMP file that I found is probably for a lonely BSOD I got yesterday when trying to diagnose my drives, and not for the recurring black screen restarts that are haunting me.

I believe it might be an issue with one of the drives, since I've noticed two crashes when it was late at night and I could clearly hear one of them spinning up or spinning down. Also, when unplugging both of them and using the PC with the SSD only, I've yet to encounter any of these crashes, providing further evidence that it might be an issue with one of the drives.

I sincerely doubt that it's a power issue, since even with the overclocks I had my total system draw never exceeded 450W, and this 600W power supply is still relatively young. Again, I have yet to encounter one of these errors while the PC was running an intense load with a game, while power draw and temperatures are usually at their peak with the normal use I give it. I will shortly attempt to use the PC with one HDD only, in hopes to recreate (or not) one of these crashes and find out if it's really one of the drives or both.

:)

Mauri Alvarenga, Jul 20, 2018

2. LiveKernelevent 141

I have two screens, when one is connected to my graphics card, my pc crashes. The other one is connected integrated graphics card.

Description

Problem signature

Parameter 1: ffff910a705ad1a0

Parameter 2: fffff80b6429fea8

Parameter 4: 4

OS version: 10_0_17134

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101

the .dmp file is located here 060618-17093-01.dmp

Can anybody help me?

KristofDockx, Jul 20, 2018
  3. LiveKernelEvent 141 error message

After a recent windows update, my computer has become unstable and frequently crashes. I am requesting assistance do identify which piece of hardware is causing the issue.

Regards.

Description

Problem signature

Parameter 1: ffffc389de9294a0

Parameter 2: fffff801418cf9cc

Parameter 4: 410

OS version: 10_0_16299

OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48

Nico Eleftheriou, Jul 20, 2018
  4. LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing Blackscreens, crashes, and restarts

LiveKernelEvent 141 - Hardware failure??

My computer was built for gaming. But every time I try to run my preferred racing game I experince a crash. The Reliability Monitor gives this error message:

Description

Problem signature

Parameter 1: ffffe680be7f54a0

Parameter 2: fffff80add5dc1a0

Parameter 4: 2f94

OS version: 10_0_16299

OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1030

I need help in understanding all this, since I have no idea of where to look for the origin of the failure.

Thanks in advance

Ole Wedel Nielsen, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing Blackscreens, crashes, and restarts

1. LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing Blackscreens, crashes, and restarts - Similar Threads - LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing

2. LiveKernelEvent 141 Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent 141 Crash: Hello! I'm having a trouble with my PC. It crashes only when i play more demanding games. The crash itself doesn't turn off the PC only the application crashes without any error messages, but when i check the error reports it's always the same: LiveKernelEvent, code 141,...
  3. LiveKernelEvent 141

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello everyone, have new pc and clean install windows 10 pro with may 10 update and software for my pc for motherboard, processor and gpu, after playing multiple games AAA games, dota 2 and lol suddenly screen lag and then freeze , when I checked reliability history it...
  4. LiveKernelEvent 141 - Windows freezes and then restarts.

LiveKernelEvent 141 - Windows freezes and then restarts.: I have been having persistent issues with windows freezing. No errors are shown. Sometimes i have to hard reset. I have tried reinstalling windows, updating drivers for all hardware. Now at a loss. Here are the technical details of the hardware error. But I cant figure...
  5. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello everyone! Since yesterday morning, my pc freezes, presenting a screen full of vertical lines and emitting an annoying sound through the headphones as if the audio track, from Youtube video or videogame, started playing the same note: since I don't get answers through...
  6. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: I receive a LiveKernel141 Error when I am gaming. Here is the description via reliability monitor. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1:...
  7. LiveKernelEvent 141

in Windows 10 Customization
    LiveKernelEvent 141: I have been getting LiveKernelEvent 141 in reliability monitor and it causes games to crash. I checked everything with my graphics drivers and disabled other programs. What can I do do fix it? Thanks in advance...
  8. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello, I am experiencing multiple system crashes a day and I have no idea how to stop them. They happen mostly in one game called "The Hunt Showdown". I've tried reinstalling the game and I reached out to the support of the game but they said they're not qualified to help me...
  9. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: Hey people, lately my computer keeps crashing after a livekernelevent 141 hardware failure. When it occurs, both screens go black, I hear still sound for a few seconds, and then my pc reboots. I have already completely reinstalled my video card drivers, and I ran sfc and...
  10. LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing GPU crashes after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LiveKernelEvent 141 Causing GPU crashes after windows update: Relevant info: Motherboard is a gigabyte z97x with the latest bios GTX 1080ti Latest Nvidia drivers (tried clean reinstall) Windows 10 pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (Latest updates) I noticed in multiple games (Deus Ex: HR, Bf1, BF4, GTAV) That the screen will lag...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why restart and kernel 141