Windows 10: LiveKernelEvent 141 while using Mixed Reality

Discus and support LiveKernelEvent 141 while using Mixed Reality in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing system crashes/forced reboots while playing Half Life: Alyx when my pc should be able to handle it easily. Generally, I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Guy Incognit0, Apr 10, 2020.

1. LiveKernelEvent 141 while using Mixed Reality

Hello,

I am experiencing system crashes/forced reboots while playing Half Life: Alyx when my pc should be able to handle it easily.

Generally, I can load and begin playing the game, then somewhere around the 8-15 minute mark of playing, the display in my VR headset will flicker blue, then black, and my pc will reboot to the login screen.

The only other time this happened to me was when I was running a bitcoin miner cpu and gpu were running at 99-100% and I was very quickly moving web browser tabs from one monitor to the other. VR was not being used or plugged in

The VR hardware I am using is the Samsung Odyssey +

What I have tried already:

1. Using DisplayDriverUninstaller in safe mode to fully remove and update my drivers

2. unplugging monitors

3. reinstalling windows

4. using a boot and nuke and completely starting from freaking scratch

5. running command prompt in admin mode with commands:

-DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

-SFC /Scannow

6. verified integrity of game files

No, my hardware isn't overheating.

Notes from Windows Reliability History:

Source
    Windows

Summary
    Hardware error

Date
    ‎4/‎9/‎2020 10:23 PM

Status
    Not reported

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffff888dcb5dc060
    Parameter 2: fffff80029ef09f0
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 4e4
    OS version: 10_0_18363
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

Specs from Speccy:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9
    RAM
    32.0GB
    Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MEG X570 ACE MS-7C35 AM4 55 °C
    Graphics
    DELL S2440L 1920x1080@59Hz
    E24 1920x1080@59Hz
    16368MB ATI AMD Radeon VII ATI
    Storage
    931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB Unknown SSD
    931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB Unknown SSD
    927GB Microsoft Storage Space Device TMax SSD
    929GB Microsoft Storage Space Device TMax SSD
    1GB Generic Flash Disk USB Device USB
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    AMD High Definition Audio Device

:)

Guy Incognit0, Apr 10, 2020

2. lenovo Mixed reality controllers

Hello Bill,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    3. Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    4. Are you getting any specific error messages when setting up the Mixed Reality Controllers?
    5. What is the make and model of your computer?

Upon researching, it was stated in this article that KB4284848 "Addresses a performance issue with Windows Mixed Reality on some laptops with hybrid graphics adapters, such as Surface Book 2".
    If you're using a laptop that supports hybrid graphics adapters, then its advisable to install the said KB update.

In addition, here are some articles that may help you troubleshoot your Mixed Reality Controllers:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Mixed Reality Portal won't install

Since the steps provided did not help. We suggest checking the Mixed Reality Community and see if there's a similar concern,
    or you can post the issue on the forum so that mixed reality developers can take a look at your concern.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Apr 10, 2020
  4. LiveKernelEvent 141 while using Mixed Reality

Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

LiveKernelEvent 141 while using Mixed Reality

1. LiveKernelEvent 141 while using Mixed Reality - Similar Threads - LiveKernelEvent 141 while

2. LiveKernelEvent 141

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello everyone, have new pc and clean install windows 10 pro with may 10 update and software for my pc for motherboard, processor and gpu, after playing multiple games AAA games, dota 2 and lol suddenly screen lag and then freeze , when I checked reliability history it...
  3. LiveKernelEvent 141

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LiveKernelEvent 141: Hi, can anyone help me with this hardware problem that keeps on occuring to me? It crashes mk11 whenever I play it and it happens around 30 minutes into a session. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem...
  4. LiveKernelEvent 141

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello, I built this PC a few years ago, and received the livekernel event a few times, but in a very specific way: 1 my screen turns off 2 Sound continues to play. 3 All fans and computer itself seems to be on. 4 No video output to the tv either. 5 sound stops 6 Need...
  5. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello everyone! Since yesterday morning, my pc freezes, presenting a screen full of vertical lines and emitting an annoying sound through the headphones as if the audio track, from Youtube video or videogame, started playing the same note: since I don't get answers through...
  6. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: I receive a LiveKernel141 Error when I am gaming. Here is the description via reliability monitor. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1:...
  7. LiveKernelEvent 141

in Windows 10 Customization
    LiveKernelEvent 141: I have been getting LiveKernelEvent 141 in reliability monitor and it causes games to crash. I checked everything with my graphics drivers and disabled other programs. What can I do do fix it? Thanks in advance...
  8. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello, I am experiencing multiple system crashes a day and I have no idea how to stop them. They happen mostly in one game called "The Hunt Showdown". I've tried reinstalling the game and I reached out to the support of the game but they said they're not qualified to help me...
  9. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: So my computer has started randomly restarting (often when starting a game or when heavily multitasking) and the reliability center gives the following error message after the reboot: Beschrijving A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly....
  10. LiveKernelEvent 141

LiveKernelEvent 141: Hey people, lately my computer keeps crashing after a livekernelevent 141 hardware failure. When it occurs, both screens go black, I hear still sound for a few seconds, and then my pc reboots. I have already completely reinstalled my video card drivers, and I ran sfc and...