Windows 10: LiveKernelEvent and mouse disconnecting

Discus and support LiveKernelEvent and mouse disconnecting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I get this error semi-regularly. Essentially, I hear the USB disconnect and reconnect noise; my mouse stops working for a few seconds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Grantmitch1, May 17, 2020.

1. LiveKernelEvent and mouse disconnecting

Hey guys,

So I get this error semi-regularly. Essentially, I hear the USB disconnect and reconnect noise; my mouse stops working for a few seconds, and then works again. Sometimes this is it other times it might happen a few times in quick succession and cause a crash.

I have gone through all the USB settings and turned off Windows' ability to switch off USBs. I have checked the livekernelevent code online and it suggests a graphics driver. I have a completely uptodate graphics driver.

I have copied the windows report below. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 144

Parameter 1: 1010

Parameter 2: fffff48cce030960

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

submitted by /u/Grantmitch1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Grantmitch1, May 17, 2020

2. Mouse Disconnects, Cursor Dissapears

Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model number of the system?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with mouse. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Hardware troubleshooter
    Method 2:

I suggest you to update all the drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device manger
    • Select Mouse and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Update
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Please reply us back if you need any assistance further.

Anup Karkal, May 17, 2020
  3. Issues with accessing mouse after disconnecting XBox One Controller on Windows 10

Hi Harley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse after disconnecting the Xbox Controller on your device. We will help you in resolving this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined only with disconnecting the Xbox?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Right click on Windows key,
      select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Hard restart the computer as mouse doesn't work.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

LiveKernelEvent and mouse disconnecting

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 17, 2020
Thema:

LiveKernelEvent and mouse disconnecting

1. LiveKernelEvent and mouse disconnecting - Similar Threads - LiveKernelEvent mouse disconnecting

2. mouse keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse keeps disconnecting: so for a while my mouse keeps disconnecting when im moving it alot, one weird detail that i have noticed is that once i start moving it non-stop for more than a few seconds it stops disconnecting but once i stop the constant movement it starts disconnecting again. things i...
  3. mouse disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse disconnecting: hey there i am having very much issues with my mouse being disconnected randomly while playing game which causes trouble . i have tried updating drivers but it didnt work , i am looking for a solution pls help me fix it. my mouse is ant esports km500w combo...
  4. mouse disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse disconnecting: hey there i am having very much issues with my mouse being disconnected randomly while playing game which causes trouble . i have tried updating drivers but it didnt work , i am looking for a solution pls help me fix it. my mouse is ant esports km500w combo...
  5. Mouse keeps disconnecting

Mouse keeps disconnecting: My mouse keeps disconnecting whether i play a game or not.I have a windows 10 and my mouse disconnects.It doesent happen when i move my mouse around without stopping but happens when i move it fast around and then stop moving.I have a CSL gaming mouse.To fix my Problem i have...
  6. Mouse keeps disconnecting

Mouse keeps disconnecting: My mouse keeps disconnecting whether i play a game or not.I have a windows 10 and my mouse disconnects.It doesent happen when i move my mouse around without stopping but happens when i move it fast around and then stop moving.I have a CSL gaming mouse.To fix my Problem i have...
  7. Keyboard and mouse disconnects

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse disconnects: I am using windows 10 installed 1 month before and my keyboard and mouse disconnects while working and then I uninstalled driver and turned off power saving mode and restored windows still the problem dosent solve I tried everything but still not working even uninstalled...
  8. Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001: Hello. So ive had this new pc for 2,5 Months now and everything has been working great till 5 days ago. I had two bluescreens which i deemed to be caused by Drivers, so i updated my USB Bluetooth dongle Driver. Thats when i noticed that Windows was unable to update, which...
  9. Mouse disconnects and connects.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse disconnects and connects.: Hi guys, does someone knows how can i fix this?: almost like 23 times per day (i use my pc a lot), my mouse disconnects for like 30 seconds or till i unplug it then plug it again and like 05 - 40 mins later it happens again, and again and again, i think its something of...
  10. Mouse disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse disconnects constantly: Got a new PC around a month ago, recently started experiencing mouse issues. At seemingly random periods of time my mouse disconnects for a moment, causing the cursor to freeze. When it happens the mouse's glowing scrollwheel also shuts down for a moment. What should i...