Windows 10: LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

Discus and support LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I've been having repeated crashes at random times where my screen just freezes and I'm forced to restart my PC by shutting it down with the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AidanSun, Mar 7, 2021.

1. AidanSun Win User

LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

Hi. I've been having repeated crashes at random times where my screen just freezes and I'm forced to restart my PC by shutting it down with the power button. I've tried reinstalling Windows, reinstalling graphics drivers, scanning for corrupt files and nothing seems to be working.

Here are my system specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Mobo: MSI x470 Gaming Plus

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8gb x4

Here is the crash log:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 1a8

Parameter 1: 1

Parameter 2: 0

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_19042

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x1A8_KEYBD_HOTKEY_GraphicsDriver_AMD_DriverNoModeSet_dxgkrnl!DISPLAYSTATECHECKER::CreateBlackScreenLiveDump

Server information: d7f1752d-f3e6-42cf-8afd-eed1dbf89f6c

I'm aware that there have been consistent problems with the 5700xt and it could be that I just got a bad card but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if this is related but I've had peripherals disconnect occasionally too so maybe it's a PSU issue? Not sure. Could really use some help.

:)

AidanSun, Mar 7, 2021

2. LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

Hi! When I am playing games I suddenly get a black screen (but I can still hear my friends on Discord) and the only way to "solve" is force rebooting my laptop... I have been getting this issue for weeks and I don't know what to do. Here's what the Reliability
    History shows after I get this black screen. Hope to hear back from someone, thanks!

Windows

Summary
    Hardware error

Date
    ‎6/‎20/‎2020 4:12 PM

Status
    Not reported

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 1a8
    Parameter 1: 1
    Parameter 2: 0
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_19041
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

My laptop specs:

HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop

Core i5 8th Generation

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB

8GB RAM

HDD 1TB

ArturSilva7, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Live Kernel Event 1a8

I got trouble with my VLC Media Player (Not responsive, glitches) and I checked the reliability monitor and found a windows hardware error and the report showed LiveKernelEvent with code 1a8.

May I know what is the problem with my hardware???

Sarabjeet Kaur Kohli, Mar 7, 2021
  4. LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

Error "LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8" and critical error 41

Sergiofm39, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

1. LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8 - Similar Threads - LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

2. LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.: Happened to me for a month or so now, sometimes while I play a game my graphics drivers fail and screen freezes and stutters, alt-tabbing seems to fix it for a few minutes or seconds and then the problem returns again, Already tried disabling XMP and reinstalling graphics...
  3. LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.: Happened to me for a month or so now, sometimes while I play a game my graphics drivers fail and screen freezes and stutters, alt-tabbing seems to fix it for a few minutes or seconds and then the problem returns again, Already tried disabling XMP and reinstalling graphics...
  4. LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8: I recently upgraded my pc and have been able to export a few projects with no problem however my most recent project causes my pc to black screen after trying to render through AME and AE with GPU acceleration both on and off. The pc still has visible signs that it is powered...
  5. LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8: I recently upgraded my pc and have been able to export a few projects with no problem however my most recent project causes my pc to black screen after trying to render through AME and AE with GPU acceleration both on and off. The pc still has visible signs that it is powered...
  6. LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.: I've been experiencing this issue where I get a lag spike and my screen goes black and the only way to restore it is by restarting my computer.I've updated all my drivers and have done a fresh install of windows.Here is my system log:...
  7. LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.

LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.: I've been experiencing this issue where I get a lag spike and my screen goes black and the only way to restore it is by restarting my computer.I've updated all my drivers and have done a fresh install of windows.Here is my system log:...
  8. LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8: Hi,I've been having an issue where on games, especially Forza Horizon 4, my game would crash and I would have to alt f4 to get out. The game would black screen and all the other programs such as my browser, Discord, and Spotify would crash at the same time. It might help to...
  9. LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.

LiveKernelEvent 1b8 and LiveKernelEvent 1a8.: Experiencing this for the last 3 days or so. Blank White, red and gray screen . 70-90% of the time, windows is still responsive but needed to completely restart my PC to regain display. My troubleshooting attempts 1. Fresh Installed Windows 2x. 2. Downgrading to older...
  10. LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8

LiveKernelEvent Code 1a8: Hi! When I am playing games I suddenly get a black screen but I can still hear my friends on Discord and the only way to "solve" is force rebooting my laptop... I have been getting this issue for weeks and I don't know what to do. Here's what the Reliability History shows...