Windows 10: livessp.dll file not found, can I delete it from startup?

Discus and support livessp.dll file not found, can I delete it from startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran Autoruns of my Desktop and it shows livessp.dll in yellow as a missing file. My research shows that it is part of microsoft's Live Security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeffL, Nov 20, 2019.

1. JeffL Win User

livessp.dll file not found, can I delete it from startup?

I ran Autoruns of my Desktop and it shows livessp.dll in yellow as a missing file.

My research shows that it is part of microsoft's Live Security Package. That sounds important, but Autoruns on my Notebook doesn't show any reference to it at all (so how important can it be?). When I Google Live Security Package, I can't find any info.

I'm not aware of any problems, so can I just delete it from the registry (probably best to delete it with Autoruns).

:)

JeffL, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

.DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 20, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can someone upload this .dll for me?

Try running a program called autoruns. Find what is referring to that dll at startup, and delete the line.

newtekie1, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. livessp.dll file not found, can I delete it from startup? - Similar Threads - livessp dll file

2. PROBLEM FOUND IN RIGHT CLICK MENU & MSVCR100.dll was not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM FOUND IN RIGHT CLICK MENU & MSVCR100.dll was not found: HI MICROSOFT TEAM I AM UNABLE TO FOUND REMOVE UNDER LINE [ATTACH] SECOND PROBLEM IS :- MSVCR100.dll was not found issue in google chrome and other browsers. [ATTACH] WITH REGARDS RONNIE GOGOI PHONE :- 7002023302, 9954250868 BRIGHT LAND COMPUTER DULIAJAN,...
  3. Delete file in startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete file in startup: I downloaded a utube converter. From https://y2mate.com somehow it has added a program in startup. I want it deleted. File is: _iu14D2N.tmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-file-in-startup/5f52b4df-1a0e-458d-9234-03f14883969a"
  4. Startup Run DLL error on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup Run DLL error on startup: On startup, I get message "There was a problem starting C\:Users\rober\cnmss The module could not be found" I "x" out of it, and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Is there something I should be doing about this?...
  5. Error MSVCP110.dll was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error MSVCP110.dll was not found: So i downloaded a game from steam and when i open it i get the error MSVCP110.dll was not found. How do i fix this. I have all of the C++ downloads from 2010 to 2017. i have even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it but it doesn't work. Any idea's?...
  6. Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D: Hi, Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D? After searching google, the best answer I found is NO - but I have to move it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VC and register it. I also found another answer stating it was ok to delete it if the file in...
  7. MSVCP100.dll not found and MSVCP110.dll not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCP100.dll not found and MSVCP110.dll not found: Hi there, so when i fixed my windows 10 cause of a problem i fall into a "MSVCP100.dll not found" when i try to fix it it worked! but sadly i fell into another problem now its "MSVCP110.dll not found" i keep trying to fix it but it just didn't work. tried doing a virus...
  8. Can I delete this WINBACKUP file

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete this WINBACKUP file: Hi, I just noticed this morning that in my Documents folder, a new file appears called "fa.winbackup" and it's almost 1 GB and the file type is WINBACKUP. I think it was created when I upgraded my Suitcase Fusion app (font managements) and it created a backup of the font...
  9. Can I Delete CBS Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I Delete CBS Files?: Please see attachment. I used to delete these text files every week during my cleanup routine. Now, I guess because of CU, I don't have authority to do that. I get a message that I must get authority from SYSTEM. First, assuming I can do this somehow, which of these items...
  10. DLL files missing at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    DLL files missing at startup: Hi everyone I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8 to 10 a few months back. Of recent, my system displays two error signs whenever I start the system There was a problem starting C:/users/appdata/local/webrest/bin/webrest.dll and...