Windows 10: Living on the (Microsoft) Edge

Discus and support Living on the (Microsoft) Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For the past few weeks, I’ve been using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome where possible. This is a lot easier with the Windows 10 Anniversary update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Living on the (Microsoft) Edge

Read more: Living on the (Microsoft) Edge - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Jun 27, 2016

2. Browser

I contacted Microsoft direct via live chat and there is no Microsoft Edge 25 but there is the Anniversary coming out next month

Microsoft Edge is used with Windows 10

MICHAEL DOWN UNDER, Jun 27, 2016
  3. set my home location for Microsoft edge

how do I set and retain my home location for Microsoft Edge? I live in Sussex, but Edge insists that my location is in Scotland . . .

John Budding, Jun 27, 2016
  4. Dave44 Win User

think lots will move to edge in Anniversary update as extensions are available then

Dave44, Jun 29, 2016
  5. I use Edge now all the time but looks like it is going to get even better so cant wait to try out all the added items

hTconeM9user, Jun 29, 2016
  6. larc919 Win User
    I'll move when Edge justifies it by doing everything Firefox can do and clearly doing it all better.

larc919, Jun 29, 2016
  7. Looking forward to the additions. Have watched developments keenly.

Having said that, I used Chrome yesterday because I need to use an extension for the first time in about 3 months. And it was really not a pleasant experience! I am so used to Edge doing the basics well ......

Geoff Daniell, Jun 29, 2016
  8. Dave44 Win User

me too used edge all time

Dave44, Jun 29, 2016
  9. Trust_No1 Win User
    Edge is a piece of garbage.
    Without a doubt this is the worst browser to ever be released on a desktop. I just updated to 14379 or whatever the current flavor of the month is, and Edge still doesn't work. I was unable to move even a simple bookmark. This is typical of what is wrong with Windows 10 over all. Thank god Microsoft doesn't plan on releasing another version of Windows, because they will never get this one fixed.

Trust_No1, Jun 30, 2016
  10. Edge works just fine. What do you mean by "I was unable to move even a simple bookmark"?

Geoff Daniell, Jun 30, 2016
  11. The Poster hates Windows 10 and Edge
    Always slags it off so I cant see why he is even a tester if he hates it so much.
    I myself am the same as you
    Works ok and have never had any problems with opening tabs or bookmarks.
    IE 11 used to give me hassle all the time, Edge no hassle at all

hTconeM9user, Jun 30, 2016
  12. I guess I assume that persons who become Insiders are prepared to experiment and live on the "Bleeding Edge" ( Pun intended *chuckle)

If I had a spare non- production PC, that I can afford to just play with, I would also be an insider. Yes moving to Edge has required me to review what I "thought" was a good operating procedure regarding a browser, but once that hurdle is overcome, I started to appreciate the simpler working style of MS Edge.

Geoff Daniell, Jun 30, 2016
  13. Living on the (Microsoft) Edge

Double standards again

If you dont like negative comments about it, then stop doing the same about IE
    Your comments are just as bad as ones that are negative about Edge

paulsalter, Jun 30, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    Actually, Edge is improving quite a bit!
    It's functionality, (on Desktops anyway), as far as mouse/keyboard focus, and the like, is where it sucks.

Edwin, Jun 30, 2016
  15. Edwin New Member
    Yeah!

Edwin, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Living on the (Microsoft) Edge - Similar Threads - Living Microsoft Edge

2. Can't sign in to Xbox live or Microsoft edge on Windows 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Xbox live or Microsoft edge on Windows 10 or 11: At 2:34-2:38 EST, I found that I was no longer able to log in to Xbox live on Windows 10. In addition, I was no longer able to use any form of search indexing in the file explorer or the search bar the search app ceased working entirely. I decided that upgrading to Windows 11...
  3. Can't sign in to Xbox live or Microsoft edge on Windows 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to Xbox live or Microsoft edge on Windows 10 or 11: At 2:34-2:38 EST, I found that I was no longer able to log in to Xbox live on Windows 10. In addition, I was no longer able to use any form of search indexing in the file explorer or the search bar the search app ceased working entirely. I decided that upgrading to Windows 11...
  4. The all new Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now live

in Windows 10 News
    The all new Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now live: Hello Insider community, We're thrilled to announce that the redesigned Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now available to all users. The redesign addresses several key concerns highlighted by users around discovery and usability of the platform. Philosophy With this...
  5. Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft edge: Google has take over cant get Microsoft Edge or any other search engine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge/1ccb4eea-fadf-47e0-ab9f-d5e779ab2a91
  6. Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge: I keep getting a pop up saying that Microsoft edge has found suspicious activity on my pc IP and has lock my computer. It also says that I need to call Microsoft at 1-888-334-0956. Is this real or a scam?? any answers would be great....
  7. Problem running live web cams on edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem running live web cams on edge: When using windows edge browser live web cams dont run but if you use chrome browser they do, any answers ??? plse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/problem-running-live-web-cams-on-edge/8065d1e1-387c-4e9b-b780-c1bcd49ba731
  8. Printing is oversized, live mail, edge.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing is oversized, live mail, edge.: Hello, would like to introduce myself my name is Justin. I am having some troubles printing. We are a company, and 2 of our computers now run windows 10. The problem i am having from Edge, Windows Live Mail. IE pretty much Everything is printing over-sized. Emails is...
  9. Watch live Microsoft Edge Web Summit 2017 on Sept. 13th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Watch live Microsoft Edge Web Summit 2017 on Sept. 13th 2017: Tomorrow at 9:00 AM Pacific, we’re hosting our third annual Microsoft Edge Web Summit in Seattle, and you can watch all the action live on Channel 9! Read on for a summary of the day ahead, and a list of all the sessions we have in store. [img] What to Expect...
  10. Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....: Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live ahead of official release [img] Microsoft is expected to release Extensions for Edge to Insiders sometime soon. The company has been planning to bring this feature to users for a while now, and it’s...