Windows 10: LLMNR, Bonjour and other zeroconf

Discus and support LLMNR, Bonjour and other zeroconf in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For a long time I am trying to find and answer to a issue. I have a machine that runs Windows Server 2019, where several roles and software are being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lotusisrael, Feb 10, 2019.

1. LLMNR, Bonjour and other zeroconf

For a long time I am trying to find and answer to a issue. I have a machine that runs Windows Server 2019, where several roles and software are being tested. I would like to install the Apple Bonjour zeroconf software as a requirement for other software, but there are also some software that rely on Windows build-in components, like Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMR). DNS and/or DHCP roles might be enabled in the near future. I have tried to discover if LLMR (and other network functions part of Windows) can be enabled and work alongside Bonjour. Bonjour might disable LLMR or DNS server, in order to take over their functions and that is defiantly not acceptable in this WS installation. I have found some information that for some people it may have done just that. I have looked into the documentation of both LLMNR and Bonjour and, although there were given details about both software, no clear information of how they interact, especially on a server edition of Windows. I have got no answer on Apple forums, on Technet forums the best thing I have got was: ”If it causes issues, do not install it.”

The thing it is not just the present situation of this WS installation, but some changes that may occur to it in the near future, so I can not just install it and see what it happens. I have little expertise into DHCP, DNS and zeroconf. I thought that some people in here may know what Bonjour does in a standard Windows 10 environment. This is a long shot, but it seems one of the last, if not the last way to find an answer. So, in a standard Windows 10 installation, what does Apple Bonjour do? Does it disable LLMR or other components of Windows? If it disables them, does it disable partially or totally? The Bonjour extension into Internet Explorer may change the default mode of Internet Explorer behaviour?

:)

Lotusisrael, Feb 10, 2019
  2. jdub---01 Win User

Apple Mac's and The N series/smartphones...

Hmmm...does the N80 support Bonjour (ZeroConf) networking?

jdub---01, Feb 10, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    bonjour

Actually removing Bonjour will hardly clear any space, it is a really small App - about 4MB

If you need to clear space:

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Feb 10, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

LLMNR, Bonjour and other zeroconf

BulldogXX, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

LLMNR, Bonjour and other zeroconf

1. LLMNR, Bonjour and other zeroconf - Similar Threads - LLMNR Bonjour zeroconf

2. Bonjour,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bonjour,: Après une mise à jour de w10 sur un disque dur ssd et un autre hdd, impossible d'accéder à w10.Soit j'ai un écran noir ou on m'indique de modifier les options de démarrage de w10 : Windows RecoveryChemin d'accès: \Windows \system32 \winload.efi/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /MININT /NOVGA...
  3. Bonjour,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bonjour,: Après une mise à jour de w10 sur un disque dur ssd et un autre hdd, impossible d'accéder à w10.Soit j'ai un écran noir ou on m'indique de modifier les options de démarrage de w10 : Windows RecoveryChemin d'accès: \Windows \system32 \winload.efi/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /MININT /NOVGA...
  4. Bonjour,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bonjour,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bonjour,: Hello,I am using a MSI Modern 15 laptop with Windows 10. I experience Blue Screen of Death BSoD with the "BAD POOL CALLER" Message. I also experienced IRQL_NOTE_LESS_OR_EQUAL or KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION messages but less frequently.The laptop restarts perfectly after the...
  6. Bonjour/Apple

Bonjour/Apple: I have lost the Bonjour and Apple Mobile Device folders on Windows 10, so I can no longer access my iphone on the PC.Neither show in Services.msc. or in Device Manager.Connecting my Iphone tells me I have to download Itunes, but I already have it installed, and I have seen...
  7. Bonjour,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bonjour,: Les spams et arnaques sont légion dans la messagerie Outlook et apportent agacement et pertes de temps. Le blocage n'est pas un vrai blocage vu les répétitions. Il serait nécessaire de pouvoir bloquer une bonne fois et de supprimer ces arnaques définitivement par Microsoft....
  8. Bonjour,

Bonjour,: Les spams et arnaques sont légion dans la messagerie Outlook et apportent agacement et pertes de temps. Le blocage n'est pas un vrai blocage vu les répétitions. Il serait nécessaire de pouvoir bloquer une bonne fois et de supprimer ces arnaques définitivement par Microsoft....
  9. Bonjour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bonjour: I noticed an application on my Windows 10 called Bonjour. It claims to be an Apple program and I wonder How did it get installed? Do I need it and should I delete it or not? It does not show up in the Microsoft Store but it does show up as running in the task list. I...
  10. What is 'Bonjour'?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is 'Bonjour'?: [ATTACH]It appears to be created by Apple. I was wondering what Bonjour was, and if I should uninstall this program or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-bonjour/07642743-db6d-4c5e-9aee-e879ee7cd85d