Windows 10: .lnk files

Discus and support .lnk files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The OneDrive Support team have told me to delete the following .lnk files as they are preventing a full sync. But they've also expressed caution:"Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taffy087, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

.lnk files

The OneDrive Support team have told me to delete the following .lnk files as they are preventing a full sync. But they've also expressed caution:"Some applications may depend on these links to function properly. Remove only the links that you know are safe to modify".

.lnk files 92daae70-c9df-4d02-9407-4dc35045b22c?upload=true.png

I haven't a clue which are 'safe to modify'- can you help please?

[Original subject: . INK files]

:)

Taffy087, Dec 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi Jom,

We suggest performing the steps provided above for us to troubleshoot your issue with copying .lnk files to any devices.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
      Yes
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue? No, Except what is described in this trade
    • Are you receiving any error messages? It seems like there is some messages there are suppressed, there is appearing some sounds, like error sounds but no message displayed.
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file? nope, only on the .lnk files
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?
      What is described in my previous comments

When it was working before the specified Windows 10 updates, it would sometimes prompt if want to do or accept something ... But unfortunately I can't remember what is was, i think it was something about if you want to do is for this files types
      and again if you want to do it for all the following files as well.

j.o.mortensen, Dec 29, 2018
  4. .lnk files

Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi,

We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Lov Dollente, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

.lnk files

1. .lnk files - Similar Threads - lnk files

2. .lnk folder file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .lnk folder file: Good day.Could someone please help me. I have created a folder in my OneDrive app and created a Shortcut from that folder however when I try accessing it online I cannot open the Shortcut folder. Here's how it looks.https://prnt.sc/8fxpgNamhqB6Thank you....
  3. .lnk folder file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .lnk folder file: Good day.Could someone please help me. I have created a folder in my OneDrive app and created a Shortcut from that folder however when I try accessing it online I cannot open the Shortcut folder. Here's how it looks.https://prnt.sc/8fxpgNamhqB6Thank you....
  4. lnk files on the desktop no longer open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lnk files on the desktop no longer open. Windows 11: At some point all lnk files stopped opening. Maybe this happened after installing winrar, but I'm not sure about that. Looked through a bunch of threads on this forum, nothing helped......
  5. lnk files on the desktop no longer open. Windows 11

lnk files on the desktop no longer open. Windows 11: At some point all lnk files stopped opening. Maybe this happened after installing winrar, but I'm not sure about that. Looked through a bunch of threads on this forum, nothing helped......
  6. Links shortcuts on task bar opening .lnk instead of the file directly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links shortcuts on task bar opening .lnk instead of the file directly.: Since the last Windows update, any shortcuts I have in my Links toolbar on the task bar that aren't folders now pop up a Security Warning prompt as it tries to open the .lnk version of the shortcut.The shortcuts are located in C>User>name>Favourites>Favourites Bar.This was...
  7. Links shortcuts on task bar opening .lnk instead of the file directly.

Links shortcuts on task bar opening .lnk instead of the file directly.: Since the last Windows update, any shortcuts I have in my Links toolbar on the task bar that aren't folders now pop up a Security Warning prompt as it tries to open the .lnk version of the shortcut.The shortcuts are located in C>User>name>Favourites>Favourites Bar.This was...
  8. Links shortcuts on task bar opening .lnk instead of the file directly.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Does PowerShell or Windows Command Prompt have a LNK file analyzer tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does PowerShell or Windows Command Prompt have a LNK file analyzer tool?: I'm currently studying how lnk files can be used maliciously. I'm trying to figure out how to display the entire target section of the lnk file properties. I know from research that I need a lnk file analyzer to do so, but I'm wondering if either PowerShell or the windows...
  10. Does PowerShell or Windows Command Prompt have a LNK file analyzer tool?

Does PowerShell or Windows Command Prompt have a LNK file analyzer tool?: I'm currently studying how lnk files can be used maliciously. I'm trying to figure out how to display the entire target section of the lnk file properties. I know from research that I need a lnk file analyzer to do so, but I'm wondering if either PowerShell or the windows...