Windows 10: .lnk virus

Discus and support .lnk virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove this for good? it keeps comming back.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PMotaung, Oct 18, 2019.

1. PMotaung Win User

.lnk virus

How do I remove this for good?

it keeps comming back.

:)

PMotaung, Oct 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi Jom,

We suggest performing the steps provided above for us to troubleshoot your issue with copying .lnk files to any devices.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
      Yes
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue? No, Except what is described in this trade
    • Are you receiving any error messages? It seems like there is some messages there are suppressed, there is appearing some sounds, like error sounds but no message displayed.
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file? nope, only on the .lnk files
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?
      What is described in my previous comments

When it was working before the specified Windows 10 updates, it would sometimes prompt if want to do or accept something ... But unfortunately I can't remember what is was, i think it was something about if you want to do is for this files types
      and again if you want to do it for all the following files as well.

j.o.mortensen, Oct 18, 2019
  4. .lnk virus

Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi,

We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Lov Dollente, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

.lnk virus

1. .lnk virus - Similar Threads - lnk virus

2. .lnk folder file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .lnk folder file: Good day.Could someone please help me. I have created a folder in my OneDrive app and created a Shortcut from that folder however when I try accessing it online I cannot open the Shortcut folder. Here's how it looks.https://prnt.sc/8fxpgNamhqB6Thank you....
  3. .lnk folder file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .lnk folder file: Good day.Could someone please help me. I have created a folder in my OneDrive app and created a Shortcut from that folder however when I try accessing it online I cannot open the Shortcut folder. Here's how it looks.https://prnt.sc/8fxpgNamhqB6Thank you....
  4. False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help: As I inserted a USB in my windows 11 PC, windows secuirty Windows Defender detected vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus. Now I have checked with couple of Anti-Virus but no one is showing the virus, But Windows Security Windows Defender is still telling me that my PC is infected with...
  5. False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help

False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help: As I inserted a USB in my windows 11 PC, windows secuirty Windows Defender detected vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus. Now I have checked with couple of Anti-Virus but no one is showing the virus, But Windows Security Windows Defender is still telling me that my PC is infected with...
  6. OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing: I have new computer setup and when using OneDrive personal on the new Windows 11, I see that a lot of my 100s of .lnk shortcuts to many different network folders e g \\server\folder\subfolder are missing. Is there any setting to include .lnk shortcuts. I see some posts about...
  7. OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing

OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing: I have new computer setup and when using OneDrive personal on the new Windows 11, I see that a lot of my 100s of .lnk shortcuts to many different network folders e g \\server\folder\subfolder are missing. Is there any setting to include .lnk shortcuts. I see some posts about...
  8. Change the properties of a .lnk shortcut from showing the mapped network drive letter to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the properties of a .lnk shortcut from showing the mapped network drive letter to...: Hello, I am attempting a part 1 of 2 step process in which I convert all drives pointing to a certain network share over to another. The first step is the one I am having the most trouble with. I need to write a powershell script that will change the target location & target...
  9. Change the properties of a .lnk shortcut from showing the mapped network drive letter to...

Change the properties of a .lnk shortcut from showing the mapped network drive letter to...: Hello, I am attempting a part 1 of 2 step process in which I convert all drives pointing to a certain network share over to another. The first step is the one I am having the most trouble with. I need to write a powershell script that will change the target location & target...
  10. lnk files on the desktop no longer open. Windows 11

lnk files on the desktop no longer open. Windows 11: At some point all lnk files stopped opening. Maybe this happened after installing winrar, but I'm not sure about that. Looked through a bunch of threads on this forum, nothing helped......