Windows 10: .lnk virus

Discus and support .lnk virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove this for good? it keeps comming back.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PMotaung, Oct 18, 2019.

1. PMotaung Win User

.lnk virus

How do I remove this for good?

it keeps comming back.

:)

PMotaung, Oct 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi Jom,

We suggest performing the steps provided above for us to troubleshoot your issue with copying .lnk files to any devices.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
      Yes
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue? No, Except what is described in this trade
    • Are you receiving any error messages? It seems like there is some messages there are suppressed, there is appearing some sounds, like error sounds but no message displayed.
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file? nope, only on the .lnk files
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?
      What is described in my previous comments

When it was working before the specified Windows 10 updates, it would sometimes prompt if want to do or accept something ... But unfortunately I can't remember what is was, i think it was something about if you want to do is for this files types
      and again if you want to do it for all the following files as well.

j.o.mortensen, Oct 18, 2019
  4. .lnk virus

Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi,

We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Lov Dollente, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

.lnk virus

1. .lnk virus - Similar Threads - lnk virus

2. Shortcut URL and LNK files seem to have file path length limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut URL and LNK files seem to have file path length limit: Windows 10 Working on a system that creates folders and files on a network share and then creates URL files Internet Shortcut that point to these files. I have enabled long file paths in Windows using gpedit and/or regedit. I am at least able to create the long path...
  3. Why are sort cut links (.lnk) being created in the Public Folder and NOT the User Folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are sort cut links (.lnk) being created in the Public Folder and NOT the User Folder?: I had recently installed a number of applications which created shortcuts on the desktop. However when I clicked on 'Desktop' in Quick Access or User/MyProfile/ Desktop i couldn't see them . It was only when i clicked on their properties that I discovered they had been...
  4. OneDrive syncing desktop files, turned them into .lnk files that no longer work

OneDrive syncing desktop files, turned them into .lnk files that no longer work: I have a client whom we set up OneDrive for on his old computer. We set it so his desktop files would sync to OneDrive. We then replaced his old computer with a new one. All of his old files appeared on his new desktop as expected. It wasn't until 3 months later it was...
  5. File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device

File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device: Hi. We have a QNAP NAS device on our network that logs all activity. Our Windows pc's access the folders and files on the NAS via File Explorer. When a pc accesses a folder on the NAS, the log indicated that that pc has READ all the ini (and ico and lnk) files of all the...
  6. Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk)

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk): My computer that is running Windows 10, desktop search or Cortana, cannot find the shortcut files (files with the extension .lnk). The problem occurred after the update. I hope to help....
  7. What is windows file type .lnk

What is windows file type .lnk: What is windows file type '.lnk'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-windows-file-type-lnk/21849ad6-6344-4438-87d2-6d8114047713"
  8. .lnk files

.lnk files: The OneDrive Support team have told me to delete the following .lnk files as they are preventing a full sync. But they've also expressed caution:"Some applications may depend on these links to function properly. Remove only the links that you know are safe to modify"....
  9. "Win + R" "powershell" - Eliminar PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk)

"Win + R" "powershell" - Eliminar PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk): Buenas tardes, Tengo instalado Windows 10 versión 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) En un Surface laptop ---- Quiera saber donde localizar el PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk) que se ejecuta al entrar la combinación de teclas "Win + R" y escribir "powershell". La razón es que "jugando" con...
  10. How to show LNK extension?

How to show LNK extension?: Hi! I want to show links extension LNK. Some Explorer replacements allowing it. How to enable showing LNK extension? Thank you for help. Miro 111886