Windows 10: Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions

Discus and support Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The other day after I made a couple of Skype calls that led to a very bad garbling of my voicel I thought that I had overloaded the circuits somehow. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions

The other day after I made a couple of Skype calls that led to a very bad garbling of my voicel I thought that I had overloaded the circuits somehow. I got that to go away by disconnecting an old web cam that I had not used with W10.

Background
    I have now for my main leg:
    Powered USB Hub 3.0, Atolla 7-Port USB Data Hub Splitter with One Smart Charging Port and Individual On/Off Switches and 5V/4A Power Adapter USB Extension for MacBook, Mac Pro/Mini and More.

I plan to add for a second leg:
    Powered USB Hub 3.0, atolla USB Hub with 4 USB 3.0 Data Ports and 1 USB Smart Charging Port, USB Splitter with Individual Power Switches and 5V/3A Power Adapter

Atolla mentions elsewhere:
    For a stable connection, the devices connected to this USB 3.0 Hub with power adapter must not exceed a combined current of 4A

Problem
    So I wondered how does one assess the total amperage across all the connected devices? This thought led me to take a first look at at Load Monitors.

Immediate Quandary
    I am lost in the Load Monitors jargon and prices.

Do these devices have the capability for measuring total USB loads on my computer? Check them individually (then add them all up for at total load?

What might be the key specifications for my my application?

Should I look elsewhere?

Any thoughts regarding the topic of Load Monitor and system amperage?

FYI, one example device:
    USB C Power Meter Tester, Eversame USB Voltmeter Ammeter Load Tester with Braided USB C to USB C Cable(1.5Ft/50cm) - Test Speed of Charger Cables - PD 2.0/3.0 QC 2.0/3.0/4.0

:)

mikeincousa, Sep 18, 2020
  2. das10 Win User

DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!

Is your motherboard an MSI one ? If so, see this site for the reason you may be seeing the message and possible solutions.

Fix: Failed to load Hardware Monitor Driver - Appuals.com

ps: as stormy13 suggested the best alterantive is to directly download the drivers you need from the motherboard maker ( that way, also, the drivers may be more up to date ).

das10, Sep 18, 2020
  3. mjt(2) Win User
    Only one icm monitor loads at startup

I have an extended dual monitor setup in WIN 10 Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.674) I make my living using Photoshop CC performing color correction, etc. I independently calibrate each monitor with a colorimeter. Up until the update to WIN 10 1703 both
    profiles loaded perfectly in Win 10. After the update only one monitor profile is loaded. Since first upgrading to WIN 10 earlier this year. this issue did NOT exist. It began Oct 9 with the update 1703.

The following describes what happens when I boot the computer and the "short term" fix for the issue:

1. I log into win 10. Only one profile loads......monitor 1. No profile for monitor 2.

2. Under settings display........I can observe the setup for each monitor. However, the profile drop down menu for monitor 2 is greyed out, monitor 1 is OK and shows the profile.

3. Next I checked the color management in settings. Both monitor settings show the respective profiles, and, that each profile is set at "default"

4. Instead of a computer reboot, I next log out. I then log in again. Now both monitor profiles load and work correctly.

5. Shutting down the computer results in #1 above.

My graphics card has the latest update. This is NOT a graphics card, colorimeter, monitor issue. It is a WIN 10 version 1703 issue.

I noticed on this forum someone else experiencing a monitor profile issue:

Colour calibration resets on reboot

Apparently Microsoft has acknowledged that a problem(s) exist with monitor profile loading.

I loaded screen shot images of the control panel settings for display and color management. Unfortunately the image is difficult to read. I have the screen shots in a WORD DOC but I do not see any way on this forum to upload a word file. The screen shots
    verify what I wrote above in points #2 and #3 above.

Perhaps Microsoft will acknowledge that this is a know issue in the latest version as they did with the other post I listed above. If so, then I will await another Microsoft fix.

Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions af39229f-1cab-476a-a417-b87cf7d0898c.jpg

mjt(2), Sep 18, 2020
  4. rel_44 Win User

Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions

Windows 10, second monitor is not working

Hi Ben, I followed the steps you provided. I did not find the monitor listed in the Device Manger as a hidden device.
    I then went to HP and downloaded the updated monitor installation program.
    I then tried loading the monitor software and drivers. I loaded the monitor in compatibility mode, then in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, then in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and finely as a regulator installation.
    Following that, I tried the same processes with the original distribution disk.
    After each try, I rebooted system. Still unable to install the monitor, nothing in Device Manger and unable to Detect a new monitor in Display.
    Thanks Ray

rel_44, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions

1. Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions - Similar Threads - Load Monitoring Load

2. monitors going black after loading into a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitors going black after loading into a game: long story short i had a radon rx580 gpu and out of nowhere my screens started going to no signal. i did all the recommend steps with the cable's updates and all. i also so the heck with it and got a 1660 and im still having the same issue. i have changed all the power...
  3. monitors going black after loading into a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitors going black after loading into a game: long story short i had a radon rx580 gpu and out of nowhere my screens started going to no signal. i did all the recommend steps with the cable's updates and all. i also so the heck with it and got a 1660 and im still having the same issue. i have changed all the power...
  4. Two monitors and desktop icons load on to second

in Windows 10 Support
    Two monitors and desktop icons load on to second: Please can someone help. When I have monitor 1 on (destop main) and the second monitor (off) but get new icon from installed program. How can I make to icon go on the desktop monitor and not the spare monitor 2 (which is off) when I'm not using it? When I open noepad...it...
  5. PC loads Windows but monitor is stuck at Windows loading screen. Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC loads Windows but monitor is stuck at Windows loading screen. Help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RagingSilk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eo8zbc/pc_loads_windows_but_monitor_is_stuck_at_windows/
  6. Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion: I have a Gigabyte Laptop with Intel HD Graphics. In addition to the built in display I have a TV attached via HDMI and a Dell U2913WM via VGA port. The Intel Graphics Properties Setting allows me to specify which is the primary display and this is set to Number 1. I have set...
  7. need to load driver for HP monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need to load driver for HP monitor?: I recently bought a new monitor (HP VH240a). It works fine out of the box. On the HP support site there is a driver, which I downloaded. Is there any reason to load that driver since the monitor seems to work fine now? 128987
  8. DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!: Hello folks I did a clean install on an extra PC of mine and had some issues. MSI Z87-G41 MotherBoard, I believe it was new in 2014 or 15. Downloaded Win10 Pro 64 today from MS and did a Clean install v1809 , Win10 Pro, build 17763.107 Ethernet is unplugged during...
  9. Performance monitor confusion.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance monitor confusion.: I have picked out one process here as an example Corsair.Service. Performance Monitor indicates an average of 7.587 while Process Monitor 0.61. Is Performance monitor indicating 7.587% CPU usage? If so how do I interpret Process Monitor's reading 0.61%? Which number is...
  10. Failed to load hardware monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to load hardware monitor: I did reset my pc clean then when the reset if finish. I was gonna install msi hardware mobo then when I click auto play on the cd then I'm getting error ''Failed to load hardware monitor this program must run as administrator'' I'm new to windows 10 84163