Windows 10: Load saved desktop with programs open

Discus and support Load saved desktop with programs open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Part 1: How can I boot or at least load a custom saved desktop that includes loading certain programs in certain locations on my screen?For example in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John7100, Aug 8, 2021.

1. John7100 Win User

Load saved desktop with programs open

Part 1: How can I boot or at least load a custom saved desktop that includes loading certain programs in certain locations on my screen?For example in an older version of windows I had a 'custom launch' so that every time I rebooted a couple of programs would load to my screen in the same place. I think there was an brief dialogue to opt out of the 'custom launch' during the boot process.Part 2: Also, when I have a several windows open with my programs I would like to be able reset their windows sizes and screen locations automatically to saved layouts.

:)

John7100, Aug 8, 2021
  2. heartog Win User

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    hi i am issues opening and saving files in windows 10

Hi Marko,

We'd like to ask more information regarding the opening and saving files using programs:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you try using a different program to replicate this concern? If not, open notepad and type anything on it, then close it by clicking the red X mark. See if it will prompt you to save and select the save location to the desktop.
    • Were there any recent changes or updates on your device?
    • Is it an ongoing concern? If not, when did you last notice it was not saving?

Erika Aro, Aug 8, 2021
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Load saved desktop with programs open - Similar Threads - Load saved desktop

2. Saving Virtual Desktops to open later

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Virtual Desktops to open later: I see this question come up but never really answered.Edge allows me to save collections of tabs and is synced across multiple devices. This allows me to open many tabs for a particular issue and reopen them when needed.I would like to open many documents for an issue, save...
  3. One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1052. I've used the graphics manipulation program 'HyperSnap' for years with no problems at all. Recently a new version came out, so I did the update. Suddenly I couldn't save any of the image files created or modified...
  4. My windows 10 Desktop programs wont load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 Desktop programs wont load: programs I try to start open for a second then Close. I Have Reset And Restarted windows a few times and nothing changes. This Issue started about Tuesday or Wednesday after a windows update. now im going to type a list of thing i cant open --- Edge any none app all other 3rd...
  5. Program to create a save state of current desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program to create a save state of current desktop: A friend of mine likes to use separate desktops for work and play (the ones you can access using win+tab). However, since he doesn't have a great PC, he was having performance issues that probably had something to do with his RAM usage being too high as a result of having...
  6. Screenshots saved to desktop not opening/loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots saved to desktop not opening/loading: I have an ongoing issue with opening/ loading screenshots & photos saved on my desktop. They open as a blank screen and seem to be loading until the below messages pop up - please help [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Strange problem regarding a program not opening/loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange problem regarding a program not opening/loading.: I have two Windows 10 os boots for different uses and need the program to open/work on windows 10 1 as windows 10 2 is used for other things. C: windows 10 1 - gaming/media D: windows 10 2 - work related. Ive installed a game onto windows 10 1 and when i try to open "...
  8. Desktop and Programs won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and Programs won't load: I'm nit sure how to explain this, when I log in which takes much longer than usual the taskbar and start button loads, but nothing else does, even programs. I can restart my PC from Ctrl Alt Del and managed to enter safe mode, but I have the same problem there.[IMG]n...
  9. program loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program loading: My shortcut on the desktop for DragonNS13 doesn't work. How do I bring up the program? I am told it is in memory. I have a page listing files in the program, but how do I use that list to launch the app ?...
  10. Some programs on my desktop will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs on my desktop will not open: I have a HP Pavillion Elite HPE desktop computer that has had Windows 10 on it since the roll out. In the last few weeks some of the programs will not open from the desktop. Edge being one of them. You can right click on the icon and select open but nothing happens. If I...