Windows 10: Load, Stay Resident, Open Quickly

Discus and support Load, Stay Resident, Open Quickly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Adobe InDesign takes a long time to load, much slower than Photoshop (for example). When I was on a Mac, an application, once manually launched, stayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stevekir, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Stevekir Win User

Load, Stay Resident, Open Quickly

Adobe InDesign takes a long time to load, much slower than Photoshop (for example). When I was on a Mac, an application, once manually launched, stayed running but in the background ("stayed resident" is a term I have heard). Its icon at the bottom of the screen had something to tell me that it was launched. When its icon was clicked on, the app opened immediately, ready for use, and when that (or all) its files were closed, the app stayed resident ready in the background for immediate opening again. (I have lots of RAM and HD space.)

How can I set this up in windows please?

Thanks.

:)

Stevekir, Jun 15, 2018
  2. heartog Win User

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Jun 15, 2018
  3. file explore will not stay open

On my HP desktop, file explorer will not stay open from the taskbar. It quickly opens and closes. After several attempts it sometimes will remain open.

JamesMagnuson, Jun 15, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Load, Stay Resident, Open Quickly - Similar Threads - Load Stay Resident

2. PC stays on loading page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stays on loading page: I signed in to my account however after welcoming me it will not boot into desktop. It will stay and dont do anything. I cant afford this since I just get this PC as a gift and I dont have money to repair it so I was hoping someone can help me at least booting the PC....
  3. PC stays on loading page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stays on loading page: I signed in to my account however after welcoming me it will not boot into desktop. It will stay and dont do anything. I cant afford this since I just get this PC as a gift and I dont have money to repair it so I was hoping someone can help me at least booting the PC....
  4. PC stays on loading page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Photos not staying open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not staying open: I cannot get my photos to remain open in windows 10. This has only just started. I click to open and after few seconds it reverts back.This applies to all photos be it on hard drive, onedrive or dropboxI did a windows upgrade yesterday. Could this have something to do with...
  6. Photos not staying open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos not staying open: I cannot get my photos to remain open in windows 10. This has only just started. I click to open and after few seconds it reverts back.This applies to all photos be it on hard drive, onedrive or dropboxI did a windows upgrade yesterday. Could this have something to do with...
  7. No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close.: Trying to opening windows settings but none of them are opening up, have tried restarting computer but I’m still having the same issue. submitted by /u/Cowsaurus [link] [comments]...
  8. Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access: I am using Windows 10 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on a new computer that has a SSD where I have installed my programs - C and a HDD D where I store my data. I have pinned two folders Documents and a folder that is within Dropbox that syncs to my HDD to my Quick Access menu. They...
  9. website stay open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    website stay open: why do my websites return after i turn my computer off and on thought, they close automatically THANK YOU TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-stay-open/384715ac-ae77-4ecc-b892-61c8607853e7
  10. Application opens on the display where the mouse cursor resides

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application opens on the display where the mouse cursor resides: Hello, I am running Windows 10 and having a question about configuring Windows so that an application will show up on the display where the mouse cursor is residing. I have two displays and the second display is set up as an extended display. Currently, if I move my my...