Windows 10: load windows 10 from old pc to new

Discus and support load windows 10 from old pc to new in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop fried with power surges and completely wiped both hard disks and is inaccessible. I'm getting a new pc and want to download windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HelenaDID, Feb 13, 2020.

1. HelenaDID Win User

load windows 10 from old pc to new

My laptop fried with power surges and completely wiped both hard disks and is inaccessible.

I'm getting a new pc and want to download windows 10 without paying for new one.

Is that possible? I found the key on my account.

Thanks in advance,

:)

HelenaDID, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 13, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. load windows 10 from old pc to new - Similar Threads - load old

2. After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old hhd to a newly added ssd. Afterwards, when I tried to load a windows11 update, I got a message that said, we couldn't update the system reserve partition. How can I fix this?...
  3. After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old hhd to a newly added ssd. Afterwards, when I tried to load a windows11 update, I got a message that said, we couldn't update the system reserve partition. How can I fix this?...
  4. I have an 11 year old computer with Windows 10 64 loaded that has become erratic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an 11 year old computer with Windows 10 64 loaded that has become erratic.: I have an 11 year old computer with Windows 10 64 loaded that has become erratic. It started with Bluetooth devices that would not connect then went to not connecting wirelessly to the internet. I then replaced the networking card and it was better for a few days but is back...
  5. I have an 11 year old computer with Windows 10 64 loaded that has become erratic.

I have an 11 year old computer with Windows 10 64 loaded that has become erratic.: I have an 11 year old computer with Windows 10 64 loaded that has become erratic. It started with Bluetooth devices that would not connect then went to not connecting wirelessly to the internet. I then replaced the networking card and it was better for a few days but is back...
  6. I have an 11 year old computer with Windows 10 64 loaded that has become erratic.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Loading files from old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading files from old laptop: When I resetted windows 11, it showed a screen for loading files from my old laptops, it said I can do it after completing the setup, but now I can't find it, can someone help? I'll give more information....
  8. Loading files from old laptop

Loading files from old laptop: When I resetted windows 11, it showed a screen for loading files from my old laptops, it said I can do it after completing the setup, but now I can't find it, can someone help? I'll give more information....
  9. PC about a year old now takes 3x as long on average to load anything from My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC about a year old now takes 3x as long on average to load anything from My Computer: For the last several days whenever I try to open, move, or extract files in Windows 11 everything takes ages longer. Is this an issue with having a full Onedrive?...
  10. PC about a year old now takes 3x as long on average to load anything from My Computer

PC about a year old now takes 3x as long on average to load anything from My Computer: For the last several days whenever I try to open, move, or extract files in Windows 11 everything takes ages longer. Is this an issue with having a full Onedrive?...