Windows 10: Loading a new NUC from old tower with only one monitor

Discus and support Loading a new NUC from old tower with only one monitor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 -1909 1863-1082 Moving from tower to NUC. Present system using 23" ASUS monitor, but NUC has none.Once I have transferred what I want from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kupuna, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Kupuna Win User

Loading a new NUC from old tower with only one monitor

Windows 10 -1909 1863-1082
    Moving from tower to NUC. Present system using 23" ASUS monitor, but NUC has none.Once I have transferred what I want from the tower to the NUC, I plan to remove the tower.
    My plan was to use the NUC plus monitor once I got Windows loaded from flash drive, but I realized how awkward it could be trying to transfer data and programs between old and new system with only one monitor.
    The monitor has DVI, VGA and HDMI (which I'm using presently. The NUC has DVI, HDMI, mini Display Port 2, a Thunderbolt 3 port and USB 3 ports. The tower has USB 3, VGA, HDMI and DVI video output
    Assuming I have the right cables, could I temporarily swap the output from one system unit to the monitor by changing cables and ports and then switch back when I needed to see output from a the other system unit? Is there any possible way to get a split screen?
    I have a Surface Pro 3 available and a Kindle Fire. No idea of whether or not their screens can be used.
    Do I have to get a new monitor just to do the transfer? Also, should I submit to a different forum for this problem?
    Thanks for your thoughts.

:)

Kupuna, Oct 6, 2020
  2. cjjackley Win User

Transfer everything from old tower to new tower

I just installed a new tower. How do I transfer all my stuff from my old tower to new tower, including m favorites, docs, etc?

Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10

cjjackley, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 refuses to boot without the old monitor.

Hi,

To address your issue with connecting a new monitor, please perform these steps:

• Plug in the old monitor.
    • Uninstall the video driver, go to Device Manager > right-click on the video driver >
      Uninstall.
    • Unplug the old monitor, then connect the new one.
    • Turn on the computer, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Loading a new NUC from old tower with only one monitor

What do we need to transfer files from old to new computer on Windows 10. We bought a new laptop and a new tower.

We recently purchased a new laptop to replace an old tower and a new tower to replace an old tower. We have installed our laptop on Windows 10 and would like to move old files to new computers. How can we easily transfer old files to new computer and
    laptop? Is there a universal type transfer device?

Hawaii Grandma, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Loading a new NUC from old tower with only one monitor

1. Loading a new NUC from old tower with only one monitor - Similar Threads - Loading NUC old

2. I want to clone my drive from my old tower computer and install it in my new tower. Both...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to clone my drive from my old tower computer and install it in my new tower. Both...: I have a Dell mini tower that is getting old and starting to have problems. I want to clone my C drive to a new SSD and install it with ll my programs onto a new Dell mini tower...
  3. I want to clone my drive from my old tower computer and install it in my new tower. Both...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to clone my drive from my old tower computer and install it in my new tower. Both...: I have a Dell mini tower that is getting old and starting to have problems. I want to clone my C drive to a new SSD and install it with ll my programs onto a new Dell mini tower...
  4. I want to clone my drive from my old tower computer and install it in my new tower. Both...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. new Tower issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new Tower issue: I have a new HP tower desktop and I am using my existing HP monitor. The Monitor gives an error of "Check Cable Connection". The monitor and cable both work with my old HP tower. Im thinking it could be a bad port on my new PC but I'm looking for suggestions before I ship it...
  6. new Tower issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new Tower issue: I have a new HP tower desktop and I am using my existing HP monitor. The Monitor gives an error of "Check Cable Connection". The monitor and cable both work with my old HP tower. Im thinking it could be a bad port on my new PC but I'm looking for suggestions before I ship it...
  7. random freezing when loading into the tower and outside of the tower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random freezing when loading into the tower and outside of the tower: so randomly i keep on getting random freezes when im loading into the tower, even when im on a random destination specs here: https://pastebin.com/iy7Re6eQ...
  8. Loading a new NUC from old tower with only one monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Loading a new NUC from old tower with only one monitor: Windows 10 -1909 1863-1082 Moving from tower to NUC. Present system using 23" ASUS monitor, but NUC has none.Once I have transferred what I want from the tower to the NUC, I plan to remove the tower. My plan was to use the NUC plus monitor once I got Windows loaded from flash...
  9. New intel nuc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New intel nuc: Hi... i recently bought an intel nuc and would like to install windows 10 pro... everything went well except after windows started, my usb keyboard didnt work... try to update driver and etc but it still didnt work... version installed is windows 10 pro version 2004......
  10. load windows 10 from old pc to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    load windows 10 from old pc to new: My laptop fried with power surges and completely wiped both hard disks and is inaccessible. I'm getting a new pc and want to download windows 10 without paying for new one. Is that possible? I found the key on my account. Thanks in advance,...