Windows 10: "loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents

Discus and support "loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use my Microsoft Office applications, it always shows a white line that looks quite similar to a loading bar. Even when this white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GABRIELLE FRANCESCA, Feb 22, 2021.

1. "loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents

Whenever I try to use my Microsoft Office applications, it always shows a white line that looks quite similar to a loading bar. Even when this white line disappears after a few minutes, I cannot use my Microsoft Office apps because it does not open and would just repeat this process when clicked on. Also, opening Microsoft Office documents shows the tab "parameter is incorrect," so I can't open my Microsoft Office documents.

How can I fix this? I have tried restarting my device, shutting it down for a few minutes/hours, updating it, and even checked if updates were needed for Microsoft Office, but I still can't open my apps and documents. Thanks.

"loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents 05a12cc2-12ee-4d33-aee2-da3606da7fe2?upload=true.png

:)

GABRIELLE FRANCESCA, Feb 22, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

"parameter is incorrect" I cannot open Microsoft office apps or documents

Hi Krystal, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Feb 22, 2021
  3. "parameter is incorrect" I cannot open Microsoft office apps or documents

Apps worked fine yesterday. Today when I try to open Excel, Word, or Powerpoint, or any documents for those apps, I get an error message that reads (this one was for Word):

C:\Program

Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop.Word_16040.103255.20082.0_x8...\WINWORD.exe

The parameter is incorrect.

As far as I can tell outlook and one drive still work.

I also have not been able to connect to my work or home printer, although I am not sure the two are related.

Any help is appreciated.

KrystalConstenius, Feb 22, 2021
  4. JustMetis Win User

"loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents

parameter is incorrect

Thanks for the suggestion, but no Excel installed (nor any plan to). Not sure how or if that would handle all subfolders, or how long the process would take, but I don't use Excel for anything, and can't see installing a bulky Office app on the system. The
    other downside I think *may* exist, would be that I'd have to either export all the data to a file, else use Excel each time a search is required.

Looks like maybe I can use a batch job to build a list of all folders and subfolders, then independently list the files of interest within each folder into a single file. That should eliminate whatever causes the odd "parameter is incorrect" error.

Thanks again for your responses. I appreciate your time.

JustMetis, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

"loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents

1. "loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents - Similar Threads - loading bar parameter

2. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  3. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  4. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps: Suddenly I can't open document editor like pdf editor foxit and all microsoft apps excel, word, powerpoint unless i run as administrator. i have tried reinstall microsoft office, make new user, repair microsoft office and pdf editor but nothing helps. Right now i need to open...
  6. Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps: Suddenly I can't open document editor like pdf editor foxit and all microsoft apps excel, word, powerpoint unless i run as administrator. i have tried reinstall microsoft office, make new user, repair microsoft office and pdf editor but nothing helps. Right now i need to open...
  7. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect": So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have worked. I have already tried repairing the installation with an in-place upgrade. The owner of the folder is still...
  8. "The Parameter is Incorrect" can't open some of my windows apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The Parameter is Incorrect" can't open some of my windows apps: [ATTACH] I can't open some apps when I try to open this error message appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect-cant-open-some-of-my/9e6fb97f-000a-4e2f-a2e2-8df8a256dcf8
  9. start menu not opening and windows apps parameters are incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    start menu not opening and windows apps parameters are incorrect: hello, so i recently created a steamlibrary folder on my SSD where my OS is. to do this i had to go in and change permissions from read-only to create this folder. basically, since then i cannot open the start menu and windows apps, like spotify and netflix give me an error...
  10. "parameter is incorrect" I cannot open Microsoft office apps or documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "parameter is incorrect" I cannot open Microsoft office apps or documents: Apps worked fine yesterday. Today when I try to open Excel, Word, or Powerpoint, or any documents for those apps, I get an error message that reads (this one was for Word): C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop.Word_16040.103255.20082.0_x8...\WINWORD.exe...