Windows 10: Loading Canon PowerShot Camera SX40 to windows 10

Discus and support Loading Canon PowerShot Camera SX40 to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 7 until recently. I now have a new computer with Windows 10. How can I load my 8 year old Canon PowerShot SX40 HS to my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JanetMatthijetz, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Loading Canon PowerShot Camera SX40 to windows 10

I've been using Windows 7 until recently. I now have a new computer with Windows 10. How can I load my 8 year old Canon PowerShot SX40 HS to my new system. The disk will not load. My grandson found a driver online, but I want the system to be as it was on Windows 7. I have no soft wear to transfer the images and no utilities. This shouldn't be so hard, but I'm not finding a solution. Please help!

PS.....I'm a Grandmother and electronically challenged!

:)

JanetMatthijetz, Apr 30, 2020

2. Canon Powershot camera not recognized correctly by Windows 10

Tried to transfer photos from my Canon PowerShot A3100 IS to my computer for the first time since upgrading to Windows 10. At first, I couldn't get the computer to recognize that the camera was even attached. I played around with it for a bit, and finally
    it showed up. I was able to the camera recognized, but it didn't show up in the "hidden icons" window. Some more playing around and I was able to upload photos from the camera using the new Windows photo software, but I couldn't use the Canon photo software,
    which didn't recognize that the camera was there. Help!

BTW, I have another camera, a Panasonic, and I've been successfully transferring photos using the Panasonic software since shortly after the upgrade. I had reinstalled both the Canon and the Panasonic software after the upgrade. I had to do a little bit
    of work to get the Panasonic working, but it was nothing like what's happening with the Canon.

Any suggestions?

Mary AnneCrecelius, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won't let Canon Powershot be default editor

The latest Windows 10 update of 6/15/17 changed the settings for my Canon Powershot SX620. It took me hours to figure out how to even get the photos to upload from the camera to the computer.

The update removed the ability to edit through the Canon program and I don't want to use the Windows photo editor. It is clearly not as good of a program.

I have looked all through settings, devices and so on and cannot find anywhere to make the Canon program a default. The programs show on the apps list but not on the choices lists. It's very frustrating because I have photos I want to edit and I can't
    do it.

All was fine until that blasted unnecessary update.

I downloaded the Canon driver again in case this was the issue and it was not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

DarkhollowFarm, Apr 30, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Loading Canon PowerShot Camera SX40 to windows 10

How can I get the Canon PowerShot A40 to work with Windows 10

Hi rmikey... seems they don't have a driver on their site for windows 10.

I would try contacting them (Canon) directly and see what they suggest.

See link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/ho...

SarahKong, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Loading Canon PowerShot Camera SX40 to windows 10

1. Loading Canon PowerShot Camera SX40 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Loading Canon PowerShot

2. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  3. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  4. Win 10 doesn't recognize Canon PowerShot SX720 HS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 doesn't recognize Canon PowerShot SX720 HS: HiI have Canon PowerShot SX720 HS, till recently I successfully connect the camera to my Win10 PC but recently I have a new Win10 PC and the Camera is not detected on it. I have tried several USB cables and also tried to connect it to my laptop but I get the same result.I...
  5. Win 10 doesn't recognize Canon PowerShot SX720 HS

Win 10 doesn't recognize Canon PowerShot SX720 HS: HiI have Canon PowerShot SX720 HS, till recently I successfully connect the camera to my Win10 PC but recently I have a new Win10 PC and the Camera is not detected on it. I have tried several USB cables and also tried to connect it to my laptop but I get the same result.I...
  6. Win 10 doesn't recognize Canon PowerShot SX720 HS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Photo App not handling images from Canon PowerShot A1300 and HP PhotoSmart 215 cameras

Photo App not handling images from Canon PowerShot A1300 and HP PhotoSmart 215 cameras: I have >25,000 pictures that I am trying to get tagged using the Photo App. But it totally fails to handle some of the folders I have given it. Now I have realised that Photo App has a problem with any image that I took with a Canon PowerShot A1300 camera, or with a HP...
  8. Unable to download photos from Canon Powershot ELPH190IS to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to download photos from Canon Powershot ELPH190IS to Windows 10: Until recently, I have been able to download my photos to my computer using WiFi. All of a sudden, I cannot finish the import portion and the Photo screen disappears without letting me finish the download process....
  9. trying to connect device to windows 10 = canon powershot SX530 HS

trying to connect device to windows 10 = canon powershot SX530 HS: I get the error message on my canon display screen 'incorrect wi-fi security settings' after I enter my wi-fi pw and try to connect. What does this mean and what do I do? thanks!...
  10. I can not get my photos to properly download into windows 10 from my Canon Powershot SD750...

I can not get my photos to properly download into windows 10 from my Canon Powershot SD750...: I can not get my photos to properly download into windows 10 from my Canon Powershot SD750 ELPH Camera. I have tried downloading on 3 computers I have with the same version of windows 10 and I have the same issue on all ! Its not the camera as I have 2 of the exact same...