Windows 10: Loading FSX onto a Windows 10 Computer

Discus and support Loading FSX onto a Windows 10 Computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am attempting to load FSX onto a new windows 10 computer from the original DVD. The load begins then stops during the act of "removing applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MYBeachBum, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Loading FSX onto a Windows 10 Computer

I am attempting to load FSX onto a new windows 10 computer from the original DVD. The load begins then stops during the act of "removing applications (29%). It will not move past that point. I ask this question yesterday and was told to try using "compatibility mode". The problem is, the program begins with an autoload program and there's no way (that I know) to change the settings so it will go into compatibility mode before the load starts and then stops. I'd appreciate some guidance on how to get past that point and load the program.

Thanks

MYBeachBum

:)

MYBeachBum, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Lumpy20 Win User

FSX Acceleration - Windows 10

Hi,

I have been running FSX Gold +Acceleration for some time but after the Anniversary update of Windows 10 I get the usual activation errors.

Initially I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Gold, this registered OK and ran with Multiplayer Mode listed as an option.

Then I installed Acceleration and the troubles began. Initially the 1-80004005 error and ran KB928080 as well as others listed by Microsoft as a 'fix' for FSX Acceleration registration.

I then restarted the PC but the error changed to 8-c0000006, which persists.

Uninstalling Acceleration removes this error but Direct X10 and other features of FSX are missing.

Yes, I did the Registry 'fix' of partmgr to PartMgr but nothing changed.

Some suggestion are to create a new user account but I would prefer not to do this.

Are there any alternate suggestions that might help?

FSX-Gold +Acceleration did work on the PC previously.

Regards, KH

Lumpy20, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Loading FSX onto a Windows 10 Computer

trying to load FSX SP1, receive error 1402. could not open key:

Hi Mattmullen,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you installed any third party security software on Windows 10?
    • Is system connected to domain?
    If the system is not connected to domain, try the below steps and check if the issue persist.

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

I would suggest you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on How to Boot into Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

Try to load the FSX sp1 update after performing above steps and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know the needed information to resolve the issue further. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Loading FSX onto a Windows 10 Computer

1. Loading FSX onto a Windows 10 Computer - Similar Threads - Loading FSX onto

2. Unable to load Win10pro onto a newly built computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to load Win10pro onto a newly built computer: I built a new intel gen 9 i9 computer and cannot load the new Win 10 pro OS. It starts to load from the thumb drive created from the Win site. then the screen says windows setupWindows cannot read the <product key> setting from the unattended answer file. I am not sure what...
  3. Unable to load Win10pro onto a newly built computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to load Win10pro onto a newly built computer: I built a new intel gen 9 i9 computer and cannot load the new Win 10 pro OS. It starts to load from the thumb drive created from the Win site. then the screen says windows setupWindows cannot read the <product key> setting from the unattended answer file. I am not sure what...
  4. Unable to load Win10pro onto a newly built computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. FSX Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FSX Windows 10: I have a copy of FSX on my Windows 10 computer. I am getting the error code 8-c0000006 as a reason that the activation window will not show up but have access to the 30 minute trial version running in compatibility mode for Vista. Is there any way I can run the activation...
  6. FSX problems with a new computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX problems with a new computer with windows 10: Hello, I've been trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe edition on my new PC running windows 10 and it won't install. Basically what it is doing is it starts to install and the gets stuck about the point where it is "removing applications". At this point it...
  7. WINDOWS 10 FSX

WINDOWS 10 FSX: WINDOWS 10 FSX Does not accept loaded airplanes-any suggested assistance sites or downloaded tutorials available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fsx/f198ac53-8e30-464f-b556-a57d292d0225
  8. RAW pictures loaded onto Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW pictures loaded onto Windows 10: Hi I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have 2 Canon Cameras, a 5D Mkiii and a Rebel SL2. I could download RAW files onto pictures on Window 7 from both Cameras...but since upgrading to Windows 10 I can download RAW pictures from the Canon 5D Mkiii, but...
  9. Problem with loading FSX

Problem with loading FSX: Just got my brand new Alienware X51 and I'm having trouble loading FSX. I keep getting hung up at the point where it's "removing Apps". It will not progress beyond that point. Got any recommendations on loading on this machine? MYBeachBum...
  10. can't load corel 14 onto windows 10

can't load corel 14 onto windows 10: I have a cd and serial code to load my pc but it won't because windows 10 is on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-load-corel-14-onto-windows-10/b1204786-01b9-4783-a50e-5b3e6f4563f9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loading fsx on windows 10

2. fsx wont install windows 10

3. fsx not loading on windows 10

4. problems loading fsx on new computer,
  5. fsx wont load on windows 10,
  6. how to load microsoft FSX on windows 10,
  7. fsx settings windows 10,
  8. will fsx load on win 10,
  9. how to load fsx into windows 10,
  10. Fix this computer so i can load fsx,
  11. fsx windows cant get past removing applications,