Windows 10: Loading ie over edge

Discus and support Loading ie over edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can ie 10 or 11 be loaded over edge and then set as default? My laptop came with windows 8.1 loaded and I have upgraded to windows 10 recently. I do... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RFiore, Sep 1, 2015.

1. RFiore Win User

Loading ie over edge

Can ie 10 or 11 be loaded over edge and then set as default? My laptop came with windows 8.1 loaded and I have upgraded to windows 10 recently. I do not like the way edge functions and would like to taka step back one or two versions. I also don't like the results using the bing search engine and woul like to use google.

Any thoughts?

:)

RFiore, Sep 1, 2015

2. need replacement fwbase.DLL and mfc80ITA.DLL.

Now tried Edge whilst IE still working and Edge loaded ok.

Will try at a time when IE is not loading.

MalcolmHemming, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage

This is not a solution, just an observation.

Most Edge CPU usage on my system comes from pages using flash/video/animations. I checked CPU for viewing any youtube video in both Edge and IE. On page load Edge jumps to 50% then settles around 20%. On IE jumps to 20% and settles around 4%. However, on
    IE my graphics card fan starts to work harder.

So my theory is that IE is making use of the graphics accelerator whereas Edge is rendering with CPU.

It's a shame. I like Edge, but it's hardly a green product. My system averages around 130W, but a couple of Edge tabs drives it well over 180W. Good to see Microsoft doing their bit for the environment.

Supercriceto, Sep 1, 2015
  4. gator2013 Win User

Loading ie over edge

You can make IE-11 the default browser in Edge. Look under All Apps and you should see IE-11 there and then can Pin to Start, Desktop, or Tray. Then go to Settings/Defaults and select IE as default browser.

You can also make Google the Default Search Engine with Edge. Hamburger icon upper right and go to Advanced Settings. You will need to copy the Google URL into the space provided then make it default.

gator2013, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Actually, it's 3 dots, not a hamburger menu. Also, you don't copy anything. Instead, you go to the google homepage, go to advanced settings, then change search engine, google will appear as a selection then you click set as default.

Mystere, Sep 1, 2015
  6. gator2013 Win User
    Yes, you are absolutely correct. I didn't have my W10 machine available when I made reply and was doing from memory. Guess my memory wasn't that good on that one.*Biggrin

gator2013, Sep 1, 2015
  7. LarryF Win User
    Gator:

Appreciate your advice and guidance! I am a relatively new user of Win10, but want to continue to use IE 11. It is pinned to my launch bar, and indicated as the default for htm, html, etc., but when I click on a link in an e-mail, for instance, it brings up a dialogue box that has already selected IE (over Edge), and a box to keep the selection for the future, but I still get the annoying dialogue box every time.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Larry F.

LarryF, Oct 31, 2015
  8. Loading ie over edge

How about making IE 11 default on everything using Classic Control panel since mine always go to IE 11 rather than prompting a a dialog box to choose which program to use.

Loading ie over edge [​IMG]

theveterans, Oct 31, 2015
  9. LarryF Win User
    Been here, did this. I still get the selection pop-up.
    Thanks for trying!

LarryF, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Loading ie over edge

1. Loading ie over edge - Similar Threads - Loading edge

2. Windows 10 is trying to load Edge every time after restarting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is trying to load Edge every time after restarting PC: Every time I restart my PC and log in to my account, it tries to load Edge. But the problem is that I completely deleted Edge from my PC, so it's trying to run a file that doesn't exist in this path: C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe I've tried...
  3. Windows 10 is trying to load Edge every time after restarting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is trying to load Edge every time after restarting PC: Every time I restart my PC and log in to my account, it tries to load Edge. But the problem is that I completely deleted Edge from my PC, so it's trying to run a file that doesn't exist in this path: C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe I've tried...
  4. Wifi Connected with internet but Edge not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connected with internet but Edge not loading: I'm writing this connected to my hotspot.The wifi connection has internet, I verified by using in my phone and tablet. But when I connect it using laptop I can't access edge, troubleshoot options. I even tried it with firefoxI did reset my router, check blocked devices and...
  5. Wifi Connected with internet but Edge not loading

Wifi Connected with internet but Edge not loading: I'm writing this connected to my hotspot.The wifi connection has internet, I verified by using in my phone and tablet. But when I connect it using laptop I can't access edge, troubleshoot options. I even tried it with firefoxI did reset my router, check blocked devices and...
  6. Cloud gaming doesn't load games on the Xbox app for Windows 11 but it does work on Edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud gaming doesn't load games on the Xbox app for Windows 11 but it does work on Edge...: I have ruled out network issues, reinstalled gaming services, made sure all necessary apps are up to date, messed with the preferred languages. Removed a bunch of start up apps. Nothing is working. Any ideas?...
  7. Cloud gaming doesn't load games on the Xbox app for Windows 11 but it does work on Edge...

Cloud gaming doesn't load games on the Xbox app for Windows 11 but it does work on Edge...: I have ruled out network issues, reinstalled gaming services, made sure all necessary apps are up to date, messed with the preferred languages. Removed a bunch of start up apps. Nothing is working. Any ideas?...
  8. Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...

Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...: Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain joined PCs.-removed the device from domain and then tested, it worked fine with chrome however once domain joined then it didn't work with chromeEffected multiple/all users.Any suggestions...
  9. Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...: Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain joined PCs.-removed the device from domain and then tested, it worked fine with chrome however once domain joined then it didn't work with chromeEffected multiple/all users.Any suggestions...
  10. Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware