Windows 10: Loading IE6 for old software

Discus and support Loading IE6 for old software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old package, Digital Image Suite 10 from Microsoft which requires IE 6. I have Edge and IE 11, but it will not load. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by valleyboo, Sep 4, 2018.

1. valleyboo Win User

Loading IE6 for old software

I have an old package, Digital Image Suite 10 from Microsoft which requires IE 6. I have Edge and IE 11, but it will not load. When I try to download IE6, I receive a message that it can't be downloaded. Ironically, it was running under this system with, what should be, the same configuration until my computer acquired a virus and everything, including Windows, had to be reloaded. Everything has worked except this one program.

:)

valleyboo, Sep 4, 2018
  2. valleyboo Win User

I have an old package, Digital Image Suite 10 from Microsoft which requires IE 6. I have Edge and IE 11, but it will not load. When I try to download IE6, I receive a message that it can't be downloaded. Ironically, it was running under this
    system with, what should be, the same configuration until my computer acquired a virus and everything, including Windows, had to be reloaded. Everything has worked except this one program.

valleyboo, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Loading IE6 for old software

Hi valleyboo

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with your IE6 and old software.

One thing you can try is running IE11 in compatibility mode.

(Credit to Wikipedia)

A compatibility mode is a software mechanism in which a software either emulates an older version of software, or mimics another operating system in order to allow older or incompatible software or files to remain compatible with the computer's newer hardware
    or software.

To set IE11 in compatibility mode do the following:

1. Open up Internet Explorer (IE 11)

2. Press the Alt key on your keyboard, this will make a menu bar appear.

3. Click on the Tools menu tab.

4. Select the Compatibility View settings option.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Sep 6, 2018
  4. valleyboo Win User

Yes, I got the main CD loaded. For whatever reason, it didn't let me continue to the second CD, but I appear to have a majority of it working.

Thank you and the gentleman who suggested this fix.

valleyboo, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Loading IE6 for old software - Similar Threads - Loading IE6 old

2. Software Center can not be loaded

in Windows 10 Customization
    Software Center can not be loaded: Could you please help with this issue. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-center-can-not-be-loaded/17a06167-6243-4ea9-866b-cef92548e404
  3. Deleting Old MY Software Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Old MY Software Programs: Hi Everyone, I have a problem. I have a laptop that had My Software publishing and design programs. I hadn't use them in a long time and I forgot they were still installed in my computer when it was automatically upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. My computer was...
  4. Help with running old software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with running old software: So my dad found this copy of Age Of Empires II: The Age of Kings from 1999, and I was curious if I could get it to run on my Windows 10 Desktop. I put it in and it installed seemingly alright, but it wont actually open. It made a desktop shortcut, and i tried running and...
  5. Western Digital backup software not loading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital backup software not loading: I transferred my WD Passport to a new Windows 10 computer from a Windows 7 computer. The WD backup software will not load. The computer recognizes the drive but not the target to backup....
  6. Install old printer software to Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install old printer software to Win10: I use a Samsung SCX-4100 printer, that I plugged in to my laptop running Windows 10. But I cannot install Samsung SCX-4100 Series software because it is too old. How can I install it or where can I find newer software to enable my printer?...
  7. Down loading software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Down loading software: I have Microsoft version 10. I'm having trouble down loading Amazon games and software library. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/down-loading-software/6aa4f155-6865-453c-838f-eeed05124dee"
  8. Fit to screen - "Old software"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fit to screen - "Old software": My company uses software that is "old", but updated. I am just trying to say that it is a program that has been built in the nineties, and has just been updated. My problem is that when I work on my small 14" screen out of the office I have to "scroll" or pane around to see...
  9. trying to load software via DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to load software via DVD: hi, I've just purchased a new Desktop and trying to load Sage software. Error occur SBD/SBDDesktop\sage [Moved from: Windows/ Windows 10 / Licensing & activation]...
  10. Old Software On New PC Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Software On New PC Question: Hello, Just bought a new Dell desktop PC running W10. My old one, also a Dell, was running W7. I have some Dell disks from the old one that Dell supplied with it as a sort of backup. I would like to use this CD which has the full Corel suite on it, presumably, which...