Windows 10: Loading IE6 for old software

Discus and support Loading IE6 for old software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old package, Digital Image Suite 10 from Microsoft which requires IE 6. I have Edge and IE 11, but it will not load. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by valleyboo, Sep 4, 2018.

1. valleyboo Win User

Loading IE6 for old software

I have an old package, Digital Image Suite 10 from Microsoft which requires IE 6. I have Edge and IE 11, but it will not load. When I try to download IE6, I receive a message that it can't be downloaded. Ironically, it was running under this system with, what should be, the same configuration until my computer acquired a virus and everything, including Windows, had to be reloaded. Everything has worked except this one program.

:)

valleyboo, Sep 4, 2018
  2. valleyboo Win User

I have an old package, Digital Image Suite 10 from Microsoft which requires IE 6. I have Edge and IE 11, but it will not load. When I try to download IE6, I receive a message that it can't be downloaded. Ironically, it was running under this
    system with, what should be, the same configuration until my computer acquired a virus and everything, including Windows, had to be reloaded. Everything has worked except this one program.

valleyboo, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Loading IE6 for old software

Hi valleyboo

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with your IE6 and old software.

One thing you can try is running IE11 in compatibility mode.

(Credit to Wikipedia)

A compatibility mode is a software mechanism in which a software either emulates an older version of software, or mimics another operating system in order to allow older or incompatible software or files to remain compatible with the computer's newer hardware
    or software.

To set IE11 in compatibility mode do the following:

1. Open up Internet Explorer (IE 11)

2. Press the Alt key on your keyboard, this will make a menu bar appear.

3. Click on the Tools menu tab.

4. Select the Compatibility View settings option.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Sep 6, 2018
  4. valleyboo Win User

Yes, I got the main CD loaded. For whatever reason, it didn't let me continue to the second CD, but I appear to have a majority of it working.

Thank you and the gentleman who suggested this fix.

valleyboo, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Loading IE6 for old software - Similar Threads - Loading IE6 old

2. IE6 and Digital Image Suite 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE6 and Digital Image Suite 10: I have been using MS Digital Image Suite 10 to straighten, crop, change size, change sharpness, change contrast, skew image in old documents associated with a pioneer cemetery in my home town. Now, it was not acting right a few days ago so I decided to delete it and reinstall...
  3. IE6 and Digital Image Suite 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IE6 and Digital Image Suite 10: I have been using MS Digital Image Suite 10 to straighten, crop, change size, change sharpness, change contrast, skew image in old documents associated with a pioneer cemetery in my home town. Now, it was not acting right a few days ago so I decided to delete it and reinstall...
  4. IE6 and Digital Image Suite 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting Old Software: ByteFence

Deleting Old Software: ByteFence: Hi all, I'm in the process of cleaning up stuff/programs on my HP Envy 17 laptop that I don't really use anymore. A few days ago, I did a Full Scan through Windows Defender referenced in my previous Hibernating vs. Locking question that took too long - it showed nearly 16...
  6. Download old software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download old software: How can I download autocad 2000 on window 10 home . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-old-software/a2cc05b2-617d-42d7-b0d6-f0a5d4edf9b1
  7. Download old software

Download old software: How can I download autocad 2000 on window 10 home . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-old-software/a2cc05b2-617d-42d7-b0d6-f0a5d4edf9b1
  8. Download old software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Down loading software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Down loading software: I have Microsoft version 10. I'm having trouble down loading Amazon games and software library. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/down-loading-software/6aa4f155-6865-453c-838f-eeed05124dee"
  10. Fit to screen - "Old software"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fit to screen - "Old software": My company uses software that is "old", but updated. I am just trying to say that it is a program that has been built in the nineties, and has just been updated. My problem is that when I work on my small 14" screen out of the office I have to "scroll" or pane around to see...