Windows 10: Loading MS Office on New Dell with no CD drive

Discus and support Loading MS Office on New Dell with no CD drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just purchased a new Dell all in one with no cd drive. How do I load my original Office Home that came with a CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidHancock80, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Loading MS Office on New Dell with no CD drive

I just purchased a new Dell all in one with no cd drive. How do I load my original Office Home that came with a CD

:)

DavidHancock80, Jul 30, 2019
  2. fmonte Win User

Please help transferring MS Office Outlook 2003 files to Office 2000

My old machine with all my email and contacts has MS Office 2003 pre-loaded on it. I just got a new machine and loaded Office 2000 on it because that are the disks that I have. I can't afford to buy the new Office so I am wondering if it is possible to transfer from 2003 to 2000? Thank you. Frank

I thought I had it figured out when I found this website but when I go through the steps and bring the folder over to the office 2000 machine, it says wrong format. Does anyone have an easier way?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...319871033.aspx

fmonte, Jul 30, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jul 30, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Loading MS Office on New Dell with no CD drive

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Loading MS Office on New Dell with no CD drive

1. Loading MS Office on New Dell with no CD drive - Similar Threads - Loading Office Dell

2. unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020: Dell 3020 decktop has no buttons to open CD drive. How does 1 open this CD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-cd-drive-with-no-button-dell-3020/bd04e157-e753-4172-9655-7679eca783f2
  3. unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020: Dell 3020 decktop has no buttons to open CD drive. How does 1 open this CD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-cd-drive-with-no-button-dell-3020/bd04e157-e753-4172-9655-7679eca783f2
  4. New computer without a CD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer without a CD drive: My olld computer crashed and the new laptop does not have a CD drive, how can I install my Wordperfect program? I have the CD and code for Wordperfect 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-without-a-cd-drive/702a8b34-b5d6-4bc3-8ce4-5fc264a19c4c
  5. Installing MS Office on new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series -5593

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing MS Office on new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series -5593: I paid for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 with my new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series -5593 laptop. But cannot find a product key or any instructions about installing it. Message in Word warning that I need to 'activate' in a week. Please advise....
  6. Google drive plug-in for MS Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Google drive plug-in for MS Office?: Hello, I had the google drive plug-in for MS office products like word, excel which allowed me to access my google drive files directly from excel, word etc, edit and save them in Gdrive. There used to be a tab named 'Google Drive' in the tool bar...pls refer...
  7. Google drive plug-in for MS Office?

in Windows 10 Support
    Google drive plug-in for MS Office?: Hello, I had the google drive plug-in for MS office products like word, excel which allowed me to access my google drive files directly from excel, word etc, edit and save them in Gdrive. There used to be a tab named 'Google Drive' in the tool bar...pls refer...
  8. loading ms office on windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    loading ms office on windows 10: windows 10 wouldn't accept office key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-ms-office-on-windows-10/8002f82c-eb04-408c-9d34-d74ae4fe3404"
  9. install the new MS Office question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    install the new MS Office question: I'm stone age when it comes to MS Office. Currently I have Office 2007! I just started a new job which uses Outlook very heavily, and they want to update me to MS Office. Their external retail computer fellow wants me to bring him my laptop and leave it with him so he can...
  10. DVD/CD Drive not recognising media on new Dell laptop (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD Drive not recognising media on new Dell laptop (Windows 10): Dell Inspiron 5000 series, brand new Originally the DVD drive would not show at all in File Explorer, despite Device Manager recognising, drivers up to date, etc. Dell diagnostics reported various feedback ranging from perfectly ok (SupportAssist, on-line smart diagnostic...