Windows 10: Loading programs is very slow

Discus and support Loading programs is very slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by philnolan3d, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Loading programs is very slow

My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine.

I've gone through everything I can think of. Windows update, defrag, checking the drive for errors and fixing, uninstalling the McAfee anti-virus that came with it. I ran CCleaner, including the registry cleaner. The Task manager shows plenty of ram and low CPU usage. Eventually I did a full system restore back to factory conditions and it's still doing it.
    Any thoughts?

Specs:
    HP Envy x360, Win 10 Home
    Core i7 8550U,1.8GHz
    16GB ram

:)

philnolan3d, Feb 6, 2019
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Loading programs is very slow

Programs loading very slow or not at all

I have had issues with "system unable to connect to group policy" upon startup which would result in slow loading programs. Acutally got microsoft on the phone and they helped for free, that issue seemed to have gone away for awhile but I have seen this
    error again once or twice in the past 1-2 months, normally I shutdown the computer a couple of times and the error message goes away.

I'm not seeing the group policy error but programs are loading very slowly at random? times. I normally have 5-6 programs open and everything works normally but when I open another program it takes forever (2-10 minutes) for the program to open. I have
    24 gb ram so I do not think it is hardware related, once this ocurrs I can close all programs and try to open them again all will take a very long time to load.

I mention the history with the "system unable to connect to group policy" error because the slow loading programs would happen when I got this error now the slow loading programs can happen any time.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

SHouston63, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Loading programs is very slow

1. Loading programs is very slow - Similar Threads - Loading programs very

2. welcome screen and password box loading very slow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    welcome screen and password box loading very slow: When I am starting windows, it is taking 2-4 minutes to load the welcome screen and then the password box is coming (my pc password protected). pls suggest fix....
  3. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  4. windows 10 very slow in opening programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 very slow in opening programs: These are my system specifications Intel core i5-7200u 2.5ghz 4 gb ram Windows 10 Home Windows is very slow at opening programs (such as Chrome, Firefox etc) when intially starting up. It can take up to 30 minutes just to open the Chrome application. Is there...
  5. Very very slow computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  6. Very, very slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  7. System restore is very slow to load and open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore is very slow to load and open: When starting "system restore" tool, it takes very long time to load and open!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-is-very-slow-to-load-and-open/b310f11e-8f52-407e-a92b-1837b581e9a7
  8. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
  9. win 10 very slow load time when cold

win 10 very slow load time when cold: hi all I am new to this forum, and I would like to ask for help, I am running win 10 had my ups and downs with it but it runs good, now I have a problem that when I turn off windows at nigh,t and restart in the morning, it takes about 15 to 20 mins to show the desktop its a...
  10. Very slow loading of photos, GIFs and video?

Very slow loading of photos, GIFs and video?: Is anyone else experiencing very slow loading of photos/images, especially higher resolution? Even simple GIFs, which previously required no loading time, now take two to several seconds to load. Videos, even low-res, which previously commenced playing instantly and...