Windows 10: Loading programs is very slow

Discus and support Loading programs is very slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by philnolan3d, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Loading programs is very slow

My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine.

I've gone through everything I can think of. Windows update, defrag, checking the drive for errors and fixing, uninstalling the McAfee anti-virus that came with it. I ran CCleaner, including the registry cleaner. The Task manager shows plenty of ram and low CPU usage. Eventually I did a full system restore back to factory conditions and it's still doing it.
    Any thoughts?

Specs:
    HP Envy x360, Win 10 Home
    Core i7 8550U,1.8GHz
    16GB ram

:)

philnolan3d, Feb 6, 2019
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Loading programs is very slow

Programs loading very slow or not at all

I have had issues with "system unable to connect to group policy" upon startup which would result in slow loading programs. Acutally got microsoft on the phone and they helped for free, that issue seemed to have gone away for awhile but I have seen this
    error again once or twice in the past 1-2 months, normally I shutdown the computer a couple of times and the error message goes away.

I'm not seeing the group policy error but programs are loading very slowly at random? times. I normally have 5-6 programs open and everything works normally but when I open another program it takes forever (2-10 minutes) for the program to open. I have
    24 gb ram so I do not think it is hardware related, once this ocurrs I can close all programs and try to open them again all will take a very long time to load.

I mention the history with the "system unable to connect to group policy" error because the slow loading programs would happen when I got this error now the slow loading programs can happen any time.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

SHouston63, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Loading programs is very slow

1. Loading programs is very slow - Similar Threads - Loading programs very

2. installating programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installating programs is very slow: hello,I recently have problems with my PCeverything worked fine except 2 days ago I notice that installing programs are very slow althrough I use an pcie 4.0 ssdalso games freezes after a few secondswhat I tried was:update my graphics cardreinstalling windows 11did memory...
  3. installating programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installating programs is very slow: hello,I recently have problems with my PCeverything worked fine except 2 days ago I notice that installing programs are very slow althrough I use an pcie 4.0 ssdalso games freezes after a few secondswhat I tried was:update my graphics cardreinstalling windows 11did memory...
  4. Windows loads very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows loads very slow: Hi My windows recently works very slowly , hard disk usage is at 100% response time 2000 Every command takes a lot of time like 2 or 3 minutes . I uninstalled latest update , check hard disk it was fine, nothing works . Please help me....
  5. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs loading slow: I was messing with OC and when I though I had everything good to go (was going for 5GHz on a i7-9700K), then the errors came and I was doom and figure this is the best I'm going to get at 4.9. So after that, I noticed that nothing would load like it did in the past. I turned...
  6. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs loading slow: When I click on a program (double click), the program doesn't pop up. When I click on it again, it might come up, but when I do this I get two of the program running. Any clue on why this is happening? Thanks 166737
  7. Loads very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loads very Slow: I have an Asus Laptop X540 B. Just over 1 year old. Yesterday it started functioning erratically. It takes more than hour to load. Once desktop loads , i noticed the system has reset itself. But when i try to open any file/folder/drive it just hangs and stays like that for...
  8. Programs start very slow

Programs start very slow: I have weird problem with my windows 10 computer and I don't know what to try anymore. I recently upgraded my system, I have RTX2080, i9-9900ks, m2.ssd, corsair 1000w psu, G.skill DDR4 32gb, so components are good. All worked like a dream about a month, but now my computer...
  9. win 10 (1809)very slow to load programs and downloading.

win 10 (1809)very slow to load programs and downloading.: Is there anyway to indepth trouble shooting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-1809very-slow-to-load-programs-and/f67e6720-03f2-407c-9876-290c7650ca26
  10. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...