Windows 10: Loading RAID card on boot

Discus and support Loading RAID card on boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a third party RAID controller card in Dell Inspiron desktop. When booting, an independant bios-type setup screen is supposed to load before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PedroSantana6, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Loading RAID card on boot

I installed a third party RAID controller card in Dell Inspiron desktop. When booting, an independant bios-type setup screen is supposed to load before windows in order to set up the RAID disks controlled.

However, this setup screen never shows up, and boot goes straight to windows.

What is it in system bios that is preventing this RAID setup screen from loading? I tried disabling SecureBoot and that did not help.

:)

PedroSantana6, Nov 25, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Conflict between Intel SSD Toolbox and RAID Controller card...

Hi there

Maybe a silly suggestion - but does the RAID controller allow you to EXCLUDE specific HDD's from RAID configuration --- the RAID configuration might be set up in BIOS - you probably need to set this up BEFORE Windows boot as the RAID set up will be done BEFORE Windows loads.

You might have a special bootable RAID configuration DVD or similar -- I've no experience with that particular card but usually you want RAID to configure Disks BEFORE Windows starts rather than use Windows controllers if you are using these types of controller cards.

(There's no problem with Windows at boot loading the RAID driver - but the base configuration needs to be done (AFAIK) BEFORE Windows properly starts).

Another OK solution is to define the SSD as a SEPARATE Single array as RAID 0 if your card allows it - I know it sounds peverse to have a RAID 0 array of just 1 Disk but this will keep the SSD as BOOT device (and actually it will perform even better - although SSD's don't need much if any enhancements these days).

I'm using an SSD as a RAID 0 configuration !!! -- actually this avoids the need to use the Intel toolbox in any case -- but I've got an HP RAID controller so not exactly identical to your case. I have 3 arrays defined -- 1 SSD for boot, 2 X 2HDD's as 2 arrays - 2 HDD's in each array.

In my BIOS boot there's an option for the HP Raid controller which says Configure RAID - this can be entered BEFORE any OS boot.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Nov 25, 2018
  4. doorules Win User

Loading RAID card on boot

RAID SATA default in my system, change to ACHI for new SSD Boot drive?

These steps can be used in windows 10 to go back and forth from raid mode to achi, or achi to raid, mode depending upon what you need...

• If currently installed, uninstall your RAID or AHCI SATA driver (for intel, intel rapid storage technology)
    • Basically open msconfig -> boot tab -> check safe boot -> restart
    • Go into UEFI/BIOS and set SATA mode to which ever one you want
    • Boot up into windows safe mode
    • Open msconfig again -> under the main menu tab (general) click the normal startup circle - > restart
    • Your system should boot into windows fine and you can install your AHCI or RAID driver.

doorules, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Loading RAID card on boot

1. Loading RAID card on boot - Similar Threads - Loading RAID card

2. Raid Card Driver Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raid Card Driver Problems: I just had my gaming computer fail, and I transferred all six of it's hard drives into an older backup machine, using a SATA expansion card to give me enough slots. However, now every HDD plugged into the SATA expansion card shows up as a USB drive. When I attempt to open...
  3. Raid boot drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raid boot drive.: I have 2 120gb ssds in my PC. They are from different brands. Is there a way I can somehow combine both of them into a raid that makes them operate as 1 drive, then make it my windows boot drive?...
  4. sd card reader not loading card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sd card reader not loading card: Hello, ok sd card reader worked fine before upgrading to windows 10... now it detects the card being inserted opens explore... but the gives the error message "Please insert a disk into removable disk" What Ive done so far... 1. tried a few different sd cards they all...
  5. Hardware Raid card for Gigabyte Z390 UD

Hardware Raid card for Gigabyte Z390 UD: I tried the LSI/3Ware 9650SE-2LP and the 9650SE-4LPML in a new Gigabyte Z390 UD motherboard build, but the motherboard doesn't seem to be compatible. During boot, it seems to try to load the 3Ware Bios, but then fails. Is there a hardware Raid card that is compatible with...
  6. Loading an SD Card

Loading an SD Card: I Am wondering how to get my SD card to pop-up, it doesn't "plug n play" ....hmm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/loading-an-sd-card/02739bb6-647d-4ead-83e3-c70af5cc3fa1
  7. How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot?

How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot?: I installed Marvell RAID PCIe SATA card and could manage to enter Marvell configuration utility using Ctrl + M. I installed 2nd card and I can see it in Windows using Marvell software and I created RAID successfully.. But I want to rid of this software (it installs...
  8. SATA 6 GBps RAID Card Recommendation

SATA 6 GBps RAID Card Recommendation: I'm looking to do away with my standalone NAS and combine it's functionality with my always-on Windows Server. I have three spinner drives purchased and want to use an add-in RAID controller card. Does anyone have recommendations for one that won't break the bank? The...
  9. Adding a SATA RAID card

Adding a SATA RAID card: I'm wondering if I've made a schoolboy error here... I'm trying to add more disks to my desktop and have run out of SATA ports the motherboard has 6. I've just added a SATA RAID card (Semlos 4 Ports PCI Sata Internal Raid Controller Card Sil3114 Chipset with 2 Sata...
  10. enabled raid, now cannot boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    enabled raid, now cannot boot: Had a working system, windows 10 Pro 64 bit running off a samsung 950GB SSD., with a couple of other hard drives. I wanted to add a RAID 1 pair of HDDs (WD Black). I made a system image of the SSD for safety, uncoupled the two regular HDDs, installed the 2x WD HDDs for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raid card wont load bios