Windows 10: Loading time & action time of MS application

Discus and support Loading time & action time of MS application in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi MS, I am software QA Manager. It is general practice that after releasing of MS patches & other software patches or security upgrade to test test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Saraogi, May 3, 2020.

1. Saraogi Win User

Loading time & action time of MS application

Hi MS,

I am software QA Manager. It is general practice that after releasing of MS patches & other software patches or security upgrade to test test the MS application performance Word, PPT , Outlook, Excel is same as it is before.

It is really challenging to use either stop watch or any other software.

It will be good if application has inbuilt developer facilities to capture time/performance of action on these application, for example Outlook. Or there is any MS performance tool to capture these action timing.

Launch

capture time -->Launch

New mail--->Capture Time

Open Address Book

capture time---->Address book

More columns radio button----> Capture Time

Send Mail To Outbox

capture time---->Send button

outbox----> Capture Time

Open Calendar

capture time---->Click calendar

new appointment-->Capture time

Open Scheduling Assistant

Capture----> scheduling Assistant

Recurrence ---->Capture time

Similar to PPT, excel, Customize plugin for these application, MS word, Excel Macro

Thanks

Prashant

:)

Saraogi, May 3, 2020
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, May 3, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Applications taking time to load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Chrome and Minecraft are taking time to load on the computer, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete model number of the computer? You can find it by typing
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

This could be due to background apps or services taking more resources on the computer that is why it is taking time to load the applications. We can try performing a clean boot on the computer and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However,
    that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

You can also refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Note: The last step in the above article talks about resetting the PC, there might be a risk of data loss if you reset the PC. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 3, 2020
  4. Loading time & action time of MS application

Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Loading time & action time of MS application

1. Loading time & action time of MS application - Similar Threads - Loading action application

2. Applications crashing from time to time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications crashing from time to time.: Hello,I have a problem for last a few weeks. Time after time when I play games, they crash out of nowhere. Screen freezes, audio stops playing and than the whole game is closed. Everything works fine after the crash. I have tried total clean reinstal of Windows. check SSD...
  3. Applications crashing from time to time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications crashing from time to time.: Hello,I have a problem for last a few weeks. Time after time when I play games, they crash out of nowhere. Screen freezes, audio stops playing and than the whole game is closed. Everything works fine after the crash. I have tried total clean reinstal of Windows. check SSD...
  4. Applications taking long time to load in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications taking long time to load in Win 11: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Win 11 from 10, and I have noticed that most of the applications take a long time to load. For example, if I open a video file with VLC player, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to open if there are no other instances of the player open. The...
  5. Applications taking long time to load in Win 11

Applications taking long time to load in Win 11: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Win 11 from 10, and I have noticed that most of the applications take a long time to load. For example, if I open a video file with VLC player, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to open if there are no other instances of the player open. The...
  6. MS Solitaire times

MS Solitaire times: This not my first time with this question. How does the timer begin before the game starts? I have narrowed it down to a few items. What I have found is that the ads lock up on exit. When it is supposed to return to the game it does not. So, I hit the back arrow, it takes me...
  7. Applications taking a long time to load "Save as" list

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications taking a long time to load "Save as" list: I have a client who has been a having a problem with his system hanging for 30 seconds to a minute when performing a Save as operation from any application I tested it on both Word and Adobe Acrobat DC. He is saving locally, but has a home network in which he has several...
  8. Action Center times out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Action Center times out: Though Windows notifications do appear near the system tray as they should, when I click on the NOTIFICATIONS button either nothing happens or at best I will see a notification for 2 or 3 seconds and then it will vanish. If I click the NOTIFICATIONS icon after that I'll...
  9. Applications taking time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications taking time to load: I just restored my $3k Dell AIO and it still doesn’t work right. Chrome takes forever to launch but not Edge. Went through all troubleshooting tips. Installed MineCraft and same thing, does nothing for a couple minutes before launching. As I said I’ve just restored Windows....
  10. Facial recognition: It’s time for action

in Windows 10 News
    Facial recognition: It’s time for action: [ATTACH] In July, we shared our views about the need for government regulation and responsible industry measures to address advancing facial recognition technology. As we discussed, this technology brings important and even exciting societal benefits but also the potential...