Windows 10: Loading Turbotax

Discus and support Loading Turbotax in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not able to load my turbotax software. It starts and asks for permission to change. Then the machine seems to stall or get stuck. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyHodgkinson1, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Loading Turbotax

I am not able to load my turbotax software. It starts and asks for permission to change. Then the machine seems to stall or get stuck. I have tried two diferent CD's and downloaded a copy from the website all act the same way. I have tried to "load as an Administer" when loading the downloaded copy. I have noticed that my administrator status is not recognize sometimes when I go to delete a file. Could the things be related?

:)

RoyHodgkinson1, Mar 28, 2019

2. Unable to load Turbotax on newly installed Windows 10

Have you checked the TurboTax site to make sure that version you have on the CD is compatible with Windows 10? It will be listed there. They will also have info if any other TurboTax customer has ever encountered the same issue.

Another thing you can try out: open File Explorer, go to the "This PC" section. Find your CD drive icon (it may have a TurboTax logo on it while the CD is in) and right-click and choose "Open" (so that it doesn't try to run the setup program yet). Find
    the actual setup file icon, right-click, and choose "Troubleshoot compatibility" from the menu.

Many times, this is all it takes. I recorded a demo about doing this, it's only a 45-second video if you want to take a look. It says Windows 8, but the steps are 100% identical in Windows 10 too (and 7 for that matter). Here's a link:

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 28, 2019
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    TurboTax 2016 Will Not Update in Windows 10

I loaded TurboTax on a system which does not have Quicken installed and it seem to install and update fine, so far. If the problem lies either with the section of TurboTax dealing with State returns or the download for your State Return itself, I cannot
    duplicate. I do have McAfee on this Dell system.

I will be checking my logs and I do show one file in the directory your error mentions, a Global.sdf file. I will check if there is a TurboTax community, the Quicken community can be helpful in regard to Quicken.

For now, about the only thing I might suggest is to try running TurboTax as Admin, just in case there is some type of permissions situation.

If that doesn't work my next suggestion would be to uninstall all of TurboTax, which might mean going through manually and removing all folder and files related to its configuration. Possibly even registry entries.

Did you use TurboTax on that machine from prior years?

Saltgrass, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Loading Turbotax

Lost TurboTax apps after upgrade

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this to narrow down the issue:

• Do you have the backup of the TurboTax apps on your computer?

• When you say “I assume the data is still there”, do you have the data stored in the TurboTax apps?
    If yes, I suggest you to try reloading the apps and check if it helps in restoring the files.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to assist you further. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Loading Turbotax

1. Loading Turbotax - Similar Threads - Loading Turbotax

2. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...
  3. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...
  4. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  6. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  7. Loading screen after usb drive

Loading screen after usb drive: My laptop started lagging so i started to restart it. After restaring it showed preparing automatic repair and had been that for 8 hours and more. So i created a bootable usb drive and changed my boot priority order to usb hdd at first position and then after inserting the...
  8. TurboTax won't load, on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TurboTax won't load, on Windows 10.: TurboTax won't load with no error message for Intuit to resolve issue, Intuit reports my problem "is local". How do I proceed to fix problem? Windows 10 Pro....
  9. TurboTax 2019 will not load on Windows 10 release 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TurboTax 2019 will not load on Windows 10 release 1909: TurboTax disc will not run. Tried web download and this goes to almost complete and then stops and a quick message shows...delete temp error. I was able to load this on another laptop running Windows 10 release 1903....
  10. I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It...: D: drive does not show up as storage. Trying to load TurboTax from DVD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-load-turbotax-from-dvd-d-drive-it/f28a76b9-c8e3-498c-be26-316d55f0021f"