Windows 10: Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever

Discus and support Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn the computer on, I might as well walk away for 5 or more minutes. I hear the beep, and know it's on, but nothing comes up on the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by suemcp001, Jan 3, 2020.

1. suemcp001 Win User

Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever

When I turn the computer on, I might as well walk away for 5 or more minutes. I hear the beep, and know it's on, but nothing comes up on the monitor at that time. I can see a little flickering now and again on the screen, but it is mainly just black, until it is ready to show the first screen for me to click on and log into at.

I thought it might be because I am using an older version of Windows 10 so updated it to 1909 version, as offered to me in Settings. I didn't do a repair because i thought that should solve any problems there. And I tightened the connections on the monitor.

What could be causing this and how can I fix it?

:)

suemcp001, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Windows loading animation forever

sometimes the windows is loading forever ,it forces me to restart ,when i restart using Restart button the windows loading is OK. this happens sometimes only . the windows loading continues

TmdRockz™, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever

Windows Update loading forever

Then you have 2 options left:
    • Do a system Restore and go back when your updates worked.
    • Do a repair install, which keeps everything and reinstalls Windows.
    I can provide you steps for the second one

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever

1. Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever - Similar Threads - Loading computer takes

2. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer taking forever to load on startup: Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it, it takes forever to load, and when I do finally get to my desktop, I have to wait another 5 or so minutes to be able to do anything.My brother has the exact same PC as me, but it never happens to him.Does anyone know why this...
  3. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer taking forever to load on startup: Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it, it takes forever to load, and when I do finally get to my desktop, I have to wait another 5 or so minutes to be able to do anything.My brother has the exact same PC as me, but it never happens to him.Does anyone know why this...
  4. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Booting up takes forever on windows 10

Booting up takes forever on windows 10: Hello, I have a weird problem on my asus laptop, which is not listed anywhere in google, so I thought about coming here for help because I'm stuck.Ok here is my problem. Normally when I turn on my laptop, I see the asus logo then immediately under it I see the spinning circle...
  6. Windows Update takes forever to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes forever to load: [ATTACH] This screen. I have it for over 10 months. I tried to do exactly what BernardReyes said in my previous post, but I still didn't solve my problem. I did everything and nothing happened. I also tried to remove Windows Update components, but the same thing...
  7. Windows Update takes forever to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes forever to load: I opened Settings / Update and Security and Windows Update takes forever to load. I was stuck one hour on that screen. I tried going to Registry editor, Gpedit, and re-enable the service Wuauserv and nothing happened. Please, help me how to fix this problem, I want to...
  8. Windows taskbar takes forever to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows taskbar takes forever to load: Hi everyone, recently I've been having a major problem with the windows 10 taskbar. It doesn't load for a solid 15-30 minutes. Restarting my pc only works sometimes, but even then it's an absolute hassle to keep restarting my PC just to maybe get it to work. I can open task...
  9. Libraries take forever to load on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries take forever to load on windows 10: Hello, For a few days now I'm having an issue where my libraries take ages to load(and sometimes dont even load). I'm using the latest versions of windows 10. Whenever II click on the library icon from the navigation pane(on the left side) explorer just freezes. Sometimes...
  10. Pc taking forever to load

Pc taking forever to load: Hey i need help i havent used my pc in about a month now im tryibg to use it and its stuck in the sign in/ put a pin/password and it wont go to the desktop screen if i am able to put a pin it taking forever loading and stop for some reason idk what to do...