Windows 10: loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10

Discus and support loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My problem is loading files from old hard drive to new Win 10 unit, as each computer crashed, got old and upgrading, finally on Win 10. Able to load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottLeonard1, May 5, 2020.

  1. loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10


    My problem is loading files from old hard drive to new Win 10 unit, as each computer crashed, got old and upgrading, finally on Win 10. Able to load files from Win 7 HD with cables and USB unit, no problem, oldest HD is Win 98/XP?, goes to quick extract but on forever w/o finish, not looking to get programs but files, mostly pdf and record docs, what am I doing wrong thanks

    :)
     
    ScottLeonard1, May 5, 2020
    #1

  2. Program will not install in WIN 10 (not compatable), but installed in WIN 8.1?

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    I tried that compatibility procedure for WIN 8, 7, Vista, XP and WIN 98. None fixed the problem. I did notice even though I change the drive compatibility to other than WIN 98 when I display compatibility after a restart it changes back to WIN 98? Maybe
    that is because this program was released for WIN 98? Although I used it with 98 and XP and installed it in 8.1. Could this be a WIN 10 driver problem?
     
    Ron Seipel, May 5, 2020
    #2
  3. setting network up between xp and 2 98 systems

    ok do this, set the workgroups on both computers to

    WORKGROUP

    then change both ip's to the same subnet, i.e. 192.168.1.1-255 - do this manually in network properties
    configure a default gateway if you havnt already, i.e. 192.168.1.1

    then once you have done this open cmd prompt on both the xp and 98 and type

    Win 98 - ping (the ip address of the xp machine)
    Win XP - ping (the ip address of the 98 machine)

    if the pings are successful you should be able to connect once you have done these steps *Smile loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10 :)
     
    craigwhiteside, May 5, 2020
    #3
  4. loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10

    Can I resstore my Win XP files to Win 10 by using a Win XP Backup

    I recently purchased Win 10 on a new Computer. I was using Win XP Pro. I made a back of Win XP on my external HD. I have tried to restore win XP files to Win 10 but Win 10 does not recognize my external HD. Earlier I was able to do a backup of Win
    10 on my external HD. Need Help!
     
    IrvinMaymon, May 5, 2020
    #4
Thema:

loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10

Loading...
  1. loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10 - Similar Threads - loadng files

  2. How to delete Files and Images stored in ChatGPT

    in Windows 10 News
    How to delete Files and Images stored in ChatGPT: [ATTACH]Uploading files to ChatGPT for analysis or processing is now common. However, ChatGPT does not automatically delete all uploaded files or generated images when you end a session or close your browser. If you use ChatGPT regularly, these files can accumulate over time...
  3. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  4. The volume size is too small for the selected file system

    in Windows 10 News
    The volume size is too small for the selected file system: [IMG]Some users cannot format their USB flash drive to the FAT32 file system due to the “The volume size is too small for the selected file system” error in Disk Management on a Windows 11 computer. If you encounter the same error while formatting a partition, use the fixes...
  5. Cannot write file to virtual machine, Canceling the file copy operation

    in Windows 10 News
    Cannot write file to virtual machine, Canceling the file copy operation: [ATTACH]When trying to copy files into your VMware Workstation or Player VM, you may encounter Cannot write to local file. Canceling the file copy operation. What is happening in this case is that VMware stages the file in your host’s temporary directory first, and if that...
  6. Excessive DMP Files in Windows 11 System32 folder

    in Windows 10 News
    Excessive DMP Files in Windows 11 System32 folder: [ATTACH]You may see excessive DMP files in the System32 folder of Windows 11 when a setting or a misbehaving component redirects memory dumps there. These .dmp files consume a lot of space and eat up your drive, making the folder a mess. In this post, we will talk about this...
  7. Select an app to open this file keeps popping up in Windows 11; How to disable it?

    in Windows 10 News
    Select an app to open this file keeps popping up in Windows 11; How to disable it?: [ATTACH]If you keep getting the Select an app to open this file popup in Windows 11, the error is usually associated with missing file associations, corrupted system files, or background processes trying to access files without assigned handlers. However, fixing the issue...
  8. How do I solve Windows Script Host loadng your settings failed access is denied?

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve Windows Script Host loadng your settings failed access is denied?: I have this issue for a very long time now and it is very annoying,I tried youtube and other tutorials and it is still appearing and multiple appear when i boot up my pc. Can anyone please help me fix this issue? Thanks!I don't know the topic so I put settings, sorry if that...
  9. How do I solve Windows Script Host loadng your settings failed access is denied?

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve Windows Script Host loadng your settings failed access is denied?: I have this issue for a very long time now and it is very annoying,I tried youtube and other tutorials and it is still appearing and multiple appear when i boot up my pc. Can anyone please help me fix this issue? Thanks!I don't know the topic so I put settings, sorry if that...
  10. How do I solve Windows Script Host loadng your settings failed access is denied?

    in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I solve Windows Script Host loadng your settings failed access is denied?: I have this issue for a very long time now and it is very annoying,I tried youtube and other tutorials and it is still appearing and multiple appear when i boot up my pc. Can anyone please help me fix this issue? Thanks!I don't know the topic so I put settings, sorry if that...