Windows 10: loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10

Discus and support loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My problem is loading files from old hard drive to new Win 10 unit, as each computer crashed, got old and upgrading, finally on Win 10. Able to load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottLeonard1, May 5, 2020.

1. loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10

My problem is loading files from old hard drive to new Win 10 unit, as each computer crashed, got old and upgrading, finally on Win 10. Able to load files from Win 7 HD with cables and USB unit, no problem, oldest HD is Win 98/XP?, goes to quick extract but on forever w/o finish, not looking to get programs but files, mostly pdf and record docs, what am I doing wrong thanks

:)

ScottLeonard1, May 5, 2020

2. Program will not install in WIN 10 (not compatable), but installed in WIN 8.1?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried that compatibility procedure for WIN 8, 7, Vista, XP and WIN 98. None fixed the problem. I did notice even though I change the drive compatibility to other than WIN 98 when I display compatibility after a restart it changes back to WIN 98? Maybe
    that is because this program was released for WIN 98? Although I used it with 98 and XP and installed it in 8.1. Could this be a WIN 10 driver problem?

Ron Seipel, May 5, 2020
  3. setting network up between xp and 2 98 systems

ok do this, set the workgroups on both computers to

WORKGROUP

then change both ip's to the same subnet, i.e. 192.168.1.1-255 - do this manually in network properties
    configure a default gateway if you havnt already, i.e. 192.168.1.1

then once you have done this open cmd prompt on both the xp and 98 and type

Win 98 - ping (the ip address of the xp machine)
    Win XP - ping (the ip address of the 98 machine)

if the pings are successful you should be able to connect once you have done these steps *Smile loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10 :)

craigwhiteside, May 5, 2020
  4. loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10

Can I resstore my Win XP files to Win 10 by using a Win XP Backup

I recently purchased Win 10 on a new Computer. I was using Win XP Pro. I made a back of Win XP on my external HD. I have tried to restore win XP files to Win 10 but Win 10 does not recognize my external HD. Earlier I was able to do a backup of Win
    10 on my external HD. Need Help!

IrvinMaymon, May 5, 2020
Thema:

loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10

1. loadng Win 98/XP? files to Win 10 - Similar Threads - loadng files

2. File Explorer randomly opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer randomly opens: Why does my File Explorer randomly open i tried restarting, sfc /scannow, virus scanAvast and i Turner off autoplay. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-randomly-opens/778da36f-e24d-43a3-b13f-bdea246994f2
  3. File Explorer randomly opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer randomly opens: Why does my File Explorer randomly open i tried restarting, sfc /scannow, virus scanAvast and i Turner off autoplay. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-randomly-opens/778da36f-e24d-43a3-b13f-bdea246994f2
  4. File Explorer randomly opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adobe flash files in program data While flash player not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe flash files in program data While flash player not installed: So recently I seen the Adobe folder in %appdata%/roaming. Inside it was the folder named "Flash player". I did delete the folder but then 1 week passed and yet I see it again. I don't have the flash player installed and never even installed it. So I don't know what to do....
  6. Adobe flash files in program data While flash player not installed

Adobe flash files in program data While flash player not installed: So recently I seen the Adobe folder in %appdata%/roaming. Inside it was the folder named "Flash player". I did delete the folder but then 1 week passed and yet I see it again. I don't have the flash player installed and never even installed it. So I don't know what to do....
  7. Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?

Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?: I recently got a new desktop and while starting it up and signing into my Microsoft account it gave me the option of restoring my laptop's backup.If it matters, the laptop ran off of Windows 10 while the new desktop runs Windows 11Is there a way to restore/access specific...
  8. Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?: I recently got a new desktop and while starting it up and signing into my Microsoft account it gave me the option of restoring my laptop's backup.If it matters, the laptop ran off of Windows 10 while the new desktop runs Windows 11Is there a way to restore/access specific...
  9. The cloud file provider is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cloud file provider is not running: Dear,I am facing an issue with my OneDrive setup. Previously, OneDrive was located on drive C, and I recently changed its location to drive D. Before transferring the files, I had some files that were not synced to the cloud, and after the transfer, those files are now only...
  10. The cloud file provider is not running

The cloud file provider is not running: Dear,I am facing an issue with my OneDrive setup. Previously, OneDrive was located on drive C, and I recently changed its location to drive D. Before transferring the files, I had some files that were not synced to the cloud, and after the transfer, those files are now only...