Windows 10: "loadpref" service is draining too much cpu in the background

Discus and support "loadpref" service is draining too much cpu in the background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently i updated my windows to latest update and from there i saw that the temps on cpu were getting higher every time its on. Is there any solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ashkopro., Jun 22, 2019.

1. Ashkopro. Win User

"loadpref" service is draining too much cpu in the background

Recently i updated my windows to latest update and from there i saw that the temps on cpu were getting higher every time its on. Is there any solution

:)

Ashkopro., Jun 22, 2019
  2. pm89 Win User

Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

3. Windows store background task 100% cpu

Thanks for the generl advice, but there isnt a store service this is a background task (backgroundtaskhost.exe), the fact a background task is allowed to use 100% cpu is clearly a bug, but anyway this is most likley scheduled task but there are no obvious
    candidates in the list of tasks.

Jonathon (GE Aviation), Jun 22, 2019
  4. "loadpref" service is draining too much cpu in the background

How can I disable Background intelligent transfer service (Permanently)?

BITS is one of the crucial services to download Windows Updates. Disabling this service will interrupt Windows Updates installation which is not recommended. Here, there is no permanent way to disable Background Intelligence Transfer Service. However, I would suggest to you follow the steps below and check if it reduces CPU utilization.

Method 1: Install all the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2: Try Clean Boot

Special Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting

I hope this helps definitely

For more details -How do I permanantly disable BITS (Background Intelligent Trasfer Service)?

gemmahandcock, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

"loadpref" service is draining too much cpu in the background

1. "loadpref" service is draining too much cpu in the background - Similar Threads - loadpref service draining

2. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU: I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU: I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Window Desktop Manager Using Too much CPU and draining Battery

Window Desktop Manager Using Too much CPU and draining Battery: Hi,I have dell precision book. 3-4 days ago after an update of my window 10 the DWM.exe started consuming relative large part of CPU and draining the battery. this all happens when system is on idle no tabs open, also i have tried to check the option of best performance but...
  6. Window Desktop Manager Using Too much CPU and draining Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Desktop Manager Using Too much CPU and draining Battery: Hi,I have dell precision book. 3-4 days ago after an update of my window 10 the DWM.exe started consuming relative large part of CPU and draining the battery. this all happens when system is on idle no tabs open, also i have tried to check the option of best performance but...
  7. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  8. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  9. Mail Protection Service Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail Protection Service Taking Too Much CPU: Mail Protection Service Is Taking Too Much CPUI Have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-protection-service-taking-too-much-cpu/68d47ba7-7648-4955-b179-6b7040a8c440
  10. Too much CPU Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too much CPU Usage: Sir/Madam , I am Using Windows 7 SP1 64 bitPentium D, 2GB RAM.Recently i have noticed in task manager, that a process called nscpuminer64 is using much cpu usage,sometimes utilizing entire RAM.Few days ago my thermal paste of processor got dried and CPU didn't started which I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spooler subsystem app high cpu