Windows 10: Loads of BSODs on a New PC Build

Discus and support Loads of BSODs on a New PC Build in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have built a new PC and am having so many BSODs every day. I have been troubleshooting for 2 weeks but could really use some help. They mostly happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rosinasaur, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Loads of BSODs on a New PC Build

I have built a new PC and am having so many BSODs every day. I have been troubleshooting for 2 weeks but could really use some help. They mostly happen while watching Youtube on Chrome, but have also happened while using only Skype. They have not happened while gaming. This is a list of BSOD codes I have had.

These ones happened after booting and installing Windows 10 for the first time over a few days.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
    KERNAL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
    ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY mmcs.sys
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

I decided to start fresh and do a fresh install of Windows 10 again and still have gotten the below BSODs.

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    KERNAL_LOCK_ENTRY_LEAKED_ON_THREAD_TERMINATION

I have:

Uninstalled RealTek Audio

Run Windows Memory Diagnostic no problems found

Used Snappy to update to most recent drivers only on my first Windows install.

Completed all Windows Updates.

Used Firefox instead of Chrome

Reinstalled Windows 10 with only mandatory peripherals plugged in to minimize number of installed drivers.

Checked CPU temperatures

Run Driver Verifier for a day but instead of having a BSOD, the whole PC would freeze. It didn't tell me what was wrong. I gave up on that.

This is my parts list:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Kingston A400 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card

XFX 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I would really appreciate some help. I'm thinking that perhaps one of my memory sticks is bad or maybe my power supply isn't strong enough I am reusing it from an old build. PcPartPicker did not indicate that there should be any compatibility issues. Thank you for your help!

:)

Rosinasaur, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Masea Win User

BSOD on a New Build PC During Windows 10 Installation

I just bought a brand new build PC. Whenever I try to install Windows 10 with a USB drive, it basically can't boot that installation progress. I choose the UEFI option to boot my USB, then ASUS logo and sometimes Windows logo appear with loading icon below starting to spin but after half a second, I get a BSOD says a stop code called "APCI_BIOS_ERROR" and it reboots my PC.

My PC Specs:

• Asus Prime B450-M K Motherboard
    • Ryzen 5 2500X Processor
    • Adata XPG 3000Mhz DDR4 8GB RAM
    • Toshiba TR200 480GB SSD
    • Asus ROG Strix RX570 GPU
    • Cooler Master Elite V3 600W PSU

By the way, there was an update for my BIOS, and yes I updated it but the result stays the same. I also replaced my RAM in each slot but it didn't do any good. And I tested my RAM with Memtest86, 0 errors found.

Thanks in advance guys.

Masea, Nov 19, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Loads of BSODs on a New PC Build

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Loads of BSODs on a New PC Build

1. Loads of BSODs on a New PC Build - Similar Threads - Loads BSODs Build

2. New PC Build BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Build BSOD: Hello, I recently built a micro ITX PC. Everything seems to run great, but it gets a random Blue Screen of Death every few hours.I have done all the basic troubleshooting with drivers, repairing system files, updates, etc… I need further help pulling and reading logs to...
  3. BSOD on new PC Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on new PC Build: I could really use some help. This is a bit above my paygrade.I've build two new identical computers. They contain: ASUS z790-A Gaming WIFI motherboard with 128GB of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM XMP disabled, running slower.They both exhibit the same behavior. When I...
  4. BSOD on new PC Build

BSOD on new PC Build: I could really use some help. This is a bit above my paygrade.I've build two new identical computers. They contain: ASUS z790-A Gaming WIFI motherboard with 128GB of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM XMP disabled, running slower.They both exhibit the same behavior. When I...
  5. New PC Build BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC Build BSOD: Today I put together my new PC with the following specs:* Ryzen 5600x w/ stock cooler* Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC replace a MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi that I thought was the problem* Corsair Vengence 2x8gb 3200mhz ram* MSI RX570 Left over from previous build* Corsair RM650x power...
  6. New PC Build BSOD

New PC Build BSOD: Today I put together my new PC with the following specs:* Ryzen 5600x w/ stock cooler* Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC replace a MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi that I thought was the problem* Corsair Vengence 2x8gb 3200mhz ram* MSI RX570 Left over from previous build* Corsair RM650x power...
  7. New PC Build BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  9. BSOD on a new PC Build

BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  10. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging