Windows 10: Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer

Discus and support Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone and Happy Easter, I have been doing some routine maintenance and while in Event Viewer I have noticed a lot of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries (... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by farrellart, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer

Hi everyone and Happy Easter,

I have been doing some routine maintenance and while in Event Viewer I have noticed a lot of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries ( 37 to be precise when Windows loads - ver 19042.867 ), I used to have Hyper V enabled a while back ( over a year ago ) and I thought it was uninstalled. In 'Programs and Features' under 'Turn features on or off', both Hyper V and Windows Hypervisor Platform are unchecked, as well as Virtual Machine Platform. I am curious to know why Hyper V is still active on the system.

EDIT: Windows Sandbox is enabled, not sure if that makes a difference.

I thought I would check with greater brains before I start digging deeper into the services. I have included an image.

Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer [​IMG]

:)

farrellart, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Junoob BT Win User

Event 22:Hyper-V VMSWITCH/Event 27 i40eb Network Link is disconnected.

Hello Team,

I have Windows Server 2016 with Hyper-V cluster role installed and I,m using network Team.

When the server starts I receive a error - - in system event log. Event 22:Hyper-V VMSWITCH&Event 27 i40eb Network Link is disconnected.

kindly help to fix the issue.

Junoob BT, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Hyper-V feature failing to start VMSwitch, looks like a broken driver?

I've been running docker on my computer for weeks, but yesterday my Hyper-V installation broke and docker fails to start. My computer was shut-off the previous night unexpectedly, so that might have been the cause. After digging in further Hyper-V manager
    cant load the VM switch manager. The failed drivers seem to point to this isn't related to Docker at all as I've also completely uninstalled docker and am still getting errors. I can open Hyper-V Manager, but clicking on Virtual Switch Manager errors with
    "An error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches. The generic operation on computer 'XXX' failed: generic failure." I cant create VMs because VMSwitch is failing to start.

Event logs show the following

Warning (source Kernel-PnP): The driver \Driver\VMSP failed to load for the device ROOT\VMS_VSMP\0000.
    Error (source Hyper-V-VmSwitch): Failed to initialize VMSwitch driver due to error {Operation Failed}

Removing and re-adding Hyper-V features (Turn Windows features on and off) did not do anything

Tried the command and it did not resolve the issue: netcfg -d

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 1809

KeithFloresca, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Suman_B Win User

Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer

Hyper-V feature failing to start VMSwitch, looks like a broken driver?

Hi KeithFloresca,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issue with Hyper-V feature failing to start VMSwitch, let me point you in the right direction where you will be able to get the support for the issue that you are facing. I would suggest
    you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    , where you will be able to find support from professionals and members for issues related to
    Hyper-V Manager on Windows 10 Enterprise 1809.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer

1. Loads of Hyper-V-VMSwitch entries in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Loads Hyper VMSwitch

2. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event viewer entries: Am receiving entries in event viewer, which leave me confused.USBIEUpdate not working. Microsoft update says all ok.Dell Support Assist shows now problems.USB ports are working, as I am able to do back up to external hard drive.Device manager says USB drives are up to...
  3. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer entries: Am receiving entries in event viewer, which leave me confused.USBIEUpdate not working. Microsoft update says all ok.Dell Support Assist shows now problems.USB ports are working, as I am able to do back up to external hard drive.Device manager says USB drives are up to...
  4. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer entry: Can someone please tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-entry/db9ad763-b58d-4c2c-914a-1111a4f7ad96
  6. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer entry: Can someone please tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-entry/db9ad763-b58d-4c2c-914a-1111a4f7ad96
  7. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. “Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    “Hyper-V-VmSwitch EVENT ID 15 Failed to restore configuration for port” upon updating 2004: Hi, I updated to 2004 Build 19041.264 on 5/31/2020. After that, I’m getting many EVENT 15 errors. I googled about it then I found an article that says “may be bug.” The update does not clean up invalid VM switch ports that being orphan. I may be able to suppress these...
  9. Event Viewer limit number of entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer limit number of entries: I have a shortcut to open Event Viewer directly to System. Only need to see the most recent 100 entries. How can I limit the number? 105961
  10. Clearing event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing event viewer entries: How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks 12367