Windows 10: Loat USB Ports after Refreshing Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Loat USB Ports after Refreshing Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10. My Desktop Computer would run slow so I Refreshed windows 10 and after doing so lost ALL USB Ports on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by david and best, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Loat USB Ports after Refreshing Windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10. My Desktop Computer would run slow so I Refreshed windows 10 and after doing so lost ALL USB Ports on the PC.

So now I ask how to fix this if ALL Ports are not working which means I have lost the USB Ports for the following

1: KEYBOARD usage.

2: Mouse usage.

I do not have Touch Screen so can not do the things suggested by everybody with answers onHOW TO FIX USB PORTS AFTER UPGRADING WINDOWS 10 .

Please note my PC Boots up and I get the logon screen but then that's it I can not do anything else as Keyboard and Mouse DO NOT WORK!

It will be interesting to see the replies to this.

:)

david and best, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Loat USB Ports after Refreshing Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Loat USB Ports after Refreshing Windows 10 upgrade

1. Loat USB Ports after Refreshing Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Loat USB Ports

2. Windows 10 USB port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 USB port: For some reason Windows 10 now wants my USB port to be formated when I plug in golf watch in. It used to work! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-port/e559236d-5232-4580-8760-af1338856b93
  3. Windows 10 USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 USB port: For some reason Windows 10 now wants my USB port to be formated when I plug in golf watch in. It used to work! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-port/e559236d-5232-4580-8760-af1338856b93
  4. Windows 10 USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No USB ports working after a Windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No USB ports working after a Windows 10 reset: Today i reinstalled windows on my computer because of drivers problems, now my USB ports both motherboard and case aren't recognized by Windows, everything i plug in the ports gets power but nothing more. I've tried: Re-installing windows 3 times on 2 different drive a 870...
  6. All USB Ports stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10 2004

All USB Ports stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10 2004: Tried upgrading to Windows 10 2004 > None of my USBs work anymore. They work fine in the bios. I have tried to revert back to 1909 - tried using some driver update utilities - no new drivers found. I checked device manager and there is one unknown device...
  7. USB Ports Disabled After Windows Start

USB Ports Disabled After Windows Start: I just updated to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7. My USB devices turn off after the Windows logo on startup. Therefore I cannot login or access Windows with mouse and keyboard. My hardware: mouse, keyboard, motherboard all function properly. My mouse and keyboard work...
  8. Windows 10 1903 USB ports not working after update.

Windows 10 1903 USB ports not working after update.: I was forced to install the latest update and instantly had issues. The USB ports wouldn't recognize anything. When I plug in external hard drive they power up fine. I can use it but its showing that it has a driver error in device manager, if I plug in a thumb drive, or...
  9. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10: I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 The two on the front of the case dont work at all. And the 6 on the back of the machine work for some things but not for others. Mice, drawing tablets and...
  10. USB ports not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB ports not working after Windows 10 update: I had this issue after the September 11, 2018 update. Device manager showed only my 3.0 ports installed but they were not working and no yellow exclamation marks. I right clicked on the USB controllers item and had to enable it. No Change Then I right clicked on the intel...