Windows 10: Local access user login

Discus and support Local access user login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by psalm127, Jul 20, 2016.

1. psalm127 Win User

Local access user login

I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile.

I have delete and recreated them but still no joy. I have deleted, powered down and recreated them still the same error. What the heck. Why can't the local accounts work?

:)

psalm127, Jul 20, 2016

2. Access local shares when signed in with a business O365 account

I have a local workgroup of computers with most of the computers running Windows 7 Pro. I just recently purchased a new Windows 10 Pro computer and created the user profile using a Business O365 account. Using this new Microsoft account login profile,
    I am unable to access the other Windows 7 computers that have local folders shared out on them. I have created another user profile on the new Windows 10 computer which uses a local profile. That login is able to access the other Windows 7 computers with the
    local shares. Is it possible to access local computer shares using an Office 365 login user profile?

meaaaacSVT, Jul 20, 2016
  3. SJB656 Win User
    Windows Lock Screen After Login

Great information. This turned out to be exactly my problem. I can now gain access to the account which was immediately locking upon login.

I found that all local users on this laptop had "assigned access" with no app assigned. This apparently does not cause a problem normally, but did on this one account following the Fall Creators update. Upon deleting all local users from assigned access
    I was able to login to the problem account without a problem.

Why Windows puts local users into assigned access with no app assigned is puzzling. It seems to be asking for trouble - Microsoft should fix this.

SJB656, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Local access user login

First, welcome to Ten Forums.

You mention you have several computers. Is this happening on all of them?

Anyway, here's what I suggest:

Sign in using your own admin credentials. Open an elevated Command Prompt (right click Start, select Command Prompt (Administrator)). Add a local account for a kid like told in this tutorial in Option Six: User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Only add one account. When done, sign in to that account immediately letting Windows create it. When done, test it by restarting the computer. If OK the account will be shown in user selection screen and you should be able to use it, sign in with it.

If still not working, come back and we'll try something else.

5. psalm127 Win User
    This is not happening with all the computers, but several of them. Some only one or two can't log on.

That didn't work. I get the same error.

psalm127, Jul 21, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    That was worth to try.

One of our admins Brink has made an excellent tutorial for cases when user profile fails to sign in: You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix - Windows 10 Forums

Read that tutorial first through with a thought and take a cup of your preferred hot beverage before starting. I've heard even PC experts to say that a user don't have to understand what he / she is doing as long as instructions are good. Brink's tutorial is good but I am old school; I think a user should understand what he / she is doing with PC *Smile

The above sounds now when I read it a bit patronizing but I leave it there trusting you understand my point. The process involves some registry editing, it's essential to get it right.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Local access user login

1. Local access user login - Similar Threads - Local access user

2. Can't login as local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  3. Can't Access Local users and groups.

Can't Access Local users and groups.: I used this application called virtual hardware to customize my hwids and stuff I think that's what it did haha. Ever since I used this, I cant access Local users and groups. It says invalid path. And when I try to access net user in cmd is says windows error. Any help is...
  4. Local User login on Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  5. Microsoft login to local user sign in

Microsoft login to local user sign in: I'm about to switch from Microsoft administrator account to a local account. What about my files, pictures. Will they be automatically saved or do I need to save all of them again before changing to a local account? Thank you...
  6. can't access my local user account

can't access my local user account: I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean...
  7. Can't access to new local user

Can't access to new local user: I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be better to make local user account because I only need for one day. I made local user account but it doesn't work. I can...
  8. Give access to specific apps for Local User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Give access to specific apps for Local User: I'm the admin on my PC, but have my kids' accounts as Local accounts on the same machine: [img] When my kids log in, I'd like them to be able to launch and access only specific apps that I have installed and working for my account (e.g., IrfanView, Minecraft, Affinity...
  9. Login with Local User on Windows Pro

Login with Local User on Windows Pro: Hi, I have just started up a brand new HP Desktop machine with Windows Pro installed. I completed the setup, all ok. I have created a new user for my collegaue to use the PC who will also need to be an administrator. She does not have a microsoft email acount or address...
  10. Limit Local User Access (10 Home)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Limit Local User Access (10 Home): How can limit the ability of a local user (non-Admin) to access drives and files on a pubic computer? 60343