Windows 10: Local account and Microsoft account

Discus and support Local account and Microsoft account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I recently switched my windows 10 computer from the Microsoft account to a local account. Since I have no use for the "Microsoft account", that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ShmorgisBoredshen2, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Local account and Microsoft account

Hi,

I recently switched my windows 10 computer from the Microsoft account to a local account. Since I have no use for the "Microsoft account", that is the Microsoft account online to which my windows 10 is connected, can I delete the Microsoft account? I don't use any online services, cloud, gaming or otherwise. Since I switched to a local account, will deleting the online Microsoft account affect the computers normal operating system in any way? Other than not being able to use these online services?

Thanks

:)

ShmorgisBoredshen2, Dec 20, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Mindweaver, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Local account and Microsoft account

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Local account and Microsoft account [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Local account and Microsoft account

1. Local account and Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Local account Microsoft

2. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  3. local microsoft account

local microsoft account: How do I know if my Microsoft account is local? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-microsoft-account/a0b88460-223e-41a7-8145-f0556d0922d8
  4. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  5. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  6. Local and Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local and Microsoft Account: First time using this and I normally can fix issues quite easily but this one has me stumped I have windows 10 and started with a local account using my Hotmail email address. Lets Call it the Neil local account. Later on in the year I then set up a Microsoft family...
  7. Microsoft account or local account ?

Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  8. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  9. Local and Microsoft account

Local and Microsoft account: Can you have a different name for the local and Microsoft account? 91688
  10. local account/Microsoft account

local account/Microsoft account: I have been using Windows 10 for about a week. I set up two accounts - one administrator, the other regular user. When attempting to update Windows 10, I got a message saying because I did not login a Microsoft account, some updates couldn't be downloaded. So, I had to create...