Windows 10: Local account and signing into Windows Store

Discus and support Local account and signing into Windows Store in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I used a local account, not my Microsoft account, when signing into my computer when it had Windows 8.1, and that's also the case after installing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pseudoware, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Local account and signing into Windows Store

I used a local account, not my Microsoft account, when signing into my computer when it had Windows 8.1, and that's also the case after installing Windows 10.

When I try to sign into the Windows Store with my MS account, I get a message that says "sign into this device for a highly personalized experience" and a prompt to enter my password again.

Below that is a link that says "sign in to just this app", and below that it says "Next time you sign into Windows you'll use your Microsoft account."

OK, maybe just me, but this is confusing. So which option do I go with if I want to continue signing into my computer with a local account, and just sign into each app separately with a MS account, or not at all if I choose? Thanks.

:)

pseudoware, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Store App Installation error 0x80070002

I found a solution to it.

1.Sign out from your windows account from the store.

2.Go into windows settings , then open Accounts.

3.In that Choose the option sign in from a local account .

When You sign in from a local account go to the store and install and enjoy your apps. Local account and signing into Windows Store :) Peace

VirajMahalunkar, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Signing into the store converts local account to online?

I switched from local to Microsoft Account and back again very quickly, with no issues.

1 - Originally Windows 7 Pro, all local accounts.

2- Upgraded to Windows 10, note... OneDrive is not used, was never used, and was disabled in the SysTray

3 - Switched to MS Account in order to explore setting up My Family.

4 - Switched back to local account, and, after a brief moment of terror when I saw the dreaded "preparing your account" message, all's well with my local data, etc.

But, I am now not also connected to my MS Account at the same time since I had to supply those credentials to get in to post.

Maybe your delay in getting things to roam was related to OneDrive use?

Bruce Johnston, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Local account and signing into Windows Store

You naturally need to select Sign in to just for this app instead if you want to continue using your local account to sign in to Windows and only need to sign in to Store. Entering your password and clicking Next in this dialog will convert your complete local account to a Microsoft account.

Local account and signing into Windows Store [​IMG]

Kari, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Thanks for the replies. Yes, that seems like the obvious thing to do. I was just thrown off by "Next time you sign into Windows you'll use your Microsoft account" appearing below that link. I guess that statement pertains to when you re-enter your password and click "Next", but the positioning is confusing.

I'm just trying to be certain. MS was deceptive about this with logins on Windows 8/8.1, and I don't want to mess this up.

pseudoware, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Local account and signing into Windows Store

1. Local account and signing into Windows Store - Similar Threads - Local account signing

2. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  3. Signing into local account bologna

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signing into local account bologna: OK. My laptop is going nuts here. I use a 4 digit pin to sign into my laptop after a startup or restart. I know and have written down my Microsoft Account password. When I launch the settings window, it shows that it wants me to sign into my local account. When I attempt to...
  4. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  5. Can't sign into Microsoft Store after transferring account locally.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign into Microsoft Store after transferring account locally.: So I made a fresh windows account and transferred my old user to the new account. And now I can't sign into the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app. I get the error "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later." for the Microsoft Store. I get the error "A...
  6. How to sign in to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sign in to a local account: When I go to Start>Settings>Accounts>My Info, the 'sign in with a local account instead' button isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-to-a-local-account/f55fb102-ef11-4871-b38a-6831bd044fbd
  7. Can't sign in with Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Cannot Sign In to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign In to local account: Hi , I'm Used local admin for a while but yesterday i logged in to the ms store and bought some game. Now i notice that my local admin account is now linked to ms account. I have now to enter my ms account password to login , cannot change local admin password,cannot sign...