Windows 10: Local account disappeared after restart, files still accessible?

Discus and support Local account disappeared after restart, files still accessible? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey all, some help recovering my account would be very appreciated. I recently have done some upgrades to my computer like a different motherboard... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Elijah.Topss, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Local account disappeared after restart, files still accessible?

Hey all, some help recovering my account would be very appreciated.

I recently have done some upgrades to my computer like a different motherboard and new GPU.

All was good and running well for a few hours until I restarted my computer. Upon the reboot, the windows login screen did not have my user, but had all the other users on my pc. Only mine was gone. I logged on through another account and could not find any traces of it in settings or control panel, however through the directory C:\Users I can see it there.

I have been looking for answers and there have been many saying to edit regedit and other things. I can't access accounts and users on mmc because of my windows version.

But is there a safe way to restore my account without risking the data?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Elijah

:)

Elijah.Topss, Nov 24, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Unable to access Local Disks (CLocal account disappeared after restart, files still accessible? :), (DLocal account disappeared after restart, files still accessible? :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local account disappeared after restart, files still accessible?

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Local account disappeared after restart, files still accessible?

1. Local account disappeared after restart, files still accessible? - Similar Threads - Local account disappeared

2. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  3. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  4. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disappearing files after restart that are still actually there...

Disappearing files after restart that are still actually there...: Hi,I have a brand new laptop running Windows 10 and a brand new external drive which I attach via USB. I have what I consider to be a very weird problem, concerning missing files which are not actually missing.I was working on 3 documents which were all saved into a certain...
  6. Disappearing files after restart that are still actually there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing files after restart that are still actually there...: Hi,I have a brand new laptop running Windows 10 and a brand new external drive which I attach via USB. I have what I consider to be a very weird problem, concerning missing files which are not actually missing.I was working on 3 documents which were all saved into a certain...
  7. Disappearing files after restart that are still actually there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Quick access folders disappear after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access folders disappear after restart: In the last couple of days I've noticed that my most important folders, which I keep under Quick Access, have disappeared from that option after restart and I have to spend ages looking for them again. Does anyone know why this has just started to happen? I haven't done...
  9. File sharing disappears after restart

File sharing disappears after restart: Hi, I have two home computers networked by Ethernet to an ATT cable modem. I find that if I do a network reset and make sure all the settings are correct in Network and sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings that the two computers will be correctly networked together and...
  10. Local PC disappears from Network list in Explorer, but still accessible? Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local PC disappears from Network list in Explorer, but still accessible? Why?: I have two PCs on my network, and I have my old PC set up to share several folders. Normally, in Explorer under the Network tab, I see both PCs listed (OFFICE-NEW, OFFICE-OLD), but for the last few days, the OFFICE-OLD PC just disappears from the Network list. I can still...